Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: FRIDAY, 11/7/14 >Check In Here<

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Hi Zach, thanks 4 checking`in

Hi `Zach,
Sorry 2 read about your Phone I still only have a company phone & not a personal phone. I don't want to get addicted 2 a cell phone like so many have. I know to many that would `go into withdrawals `if they did not have their cell phone

How did you do on your test ? How is your Life/Monte/Parties ?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's up space. I think I could live without my phone but for sure would rather have it. The test went ok, could have been better but the other test I took I did good on. I was glad for that one. The monte has been ok. It needs to get inspected this month so I think it should pass. No check engine lights are one but the idle has been off for a while. Still not to sure why. Everything else has been good its been pretty cool being 21 for sure and being able to go to restaurants and get a beer if I want or a bar. That is very different for sure.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Thumbs up >Thanks `Zach > Enjoy your Journey of `Life<

Hi `Zach,
Thanks for your reply & update.
Sure hope you don't drink 2 much & drive 4-Sure...
Do you let your g/f drive your Monte ?

When is the last time you cleaned your MAF ?
Did a tune `Up ?

Good luck on your inspection. Your State is one of the few states
that have inspections.

Vehicle inspection in the United States - Wikipedia, the free ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

Wikipedia

17 states have a periodic (annual or biennial) safety inspection program, while Marylandand Alabama require a safety inspection on sale or transfer of vehicles which were previously registered in another state. New Jersey discontinued its passenger vehicle safety inspection program on August 1, 2010.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Back in the end of august, I mentioned that the Passlock system in my Monte fails every two months. And I mentioned I'm due in October. Well I made it to November 7th. The Passlock system failed on me again this morning, and left me stranded unable to start the car.

GM dealer has already tried to fix this 5 times now. Not able to figure it out. I'm ready to tell GM to shove their f***ing Monte Carlo, and their good for nothing passlock system, up their a$$.

Back in 2004 I wanted to trade my lemon of a Grand Am (that I bought brand new) in for a new GTO. GM wouldn't sell me one because I'm Canadian. I heard the Monte's were reliable cars, so I traded it in for my Monte.

Passlock problems started 4 years ago. Got stranded this year in June, then in August. With the GM dealer claiming to have fixed the problem every time. After the time in August, I looked into buying a Chevy SS (I want to step up to a V8). GM tells me they won't sell me a Chevy SS because they're not selling them to Canadians.

A conversation I had with GM corporate told me straight out. The only V8 cars we offer to Canadians is the Corvette ($80,000 Canadian price), and the Camaro SS ($50,000 Canadian price). I don't want either of them. The rest of GM's Canadian line-up is all 4 or 6 cylinder engines.

I'm tired of 4 and 6 cylinder engines. I want a 8 cylinder for a change. But aside from that, I want a car that's not going to leave me stranded with a stupid passlock problem every two months. Seriously considering ditching my GM cars, and buying an SRT8 Dodge Charger. Chrysler has absolutely no problem taking my money and selling me a V8 car. Apparently GM doesn't want my money. Only willing to take my money if I buy a 4 cylinder sub-compact.

End of rant.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Unhappy ^Sad Story 4-Sure^

Hello `Lou,
Sorry to read about your Monte Problems & frustrations with GM.

There's so many recalls on so many different makes & models that I'm surprised there's so much traffic on the roads.

I think there are several things that GM & other auto companies should replace @ no cost to the owners for their
problem design or poor manufactured parts.

Sadly, you are not alone. I believe that owners of bad products need to join together & protest (yes, I understand > who has the time & $'s to do that)...

I think it's the only way to get there attention is to protest & not buy their products.

I believe most dealer's make their profits from their service departments more, then from the sales of their vehicles.

I know that one expects to get good reliability when they spend $30K plus for a new car & expect it to last to 200K miles `if serviced & maintained.. That is not the case in todays automotive world. Some auto companies are better then others, but it seems to be getting worse, instead of better.

`Lou, I wish you the best on getting your Monte repaired or trading it for a vehicle that will be more reliable for you!

Sadly, the nice ones cost Big $'s

Old 11-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Thanks Space. And you're right on many of your comments.

GM doesn't care about Canadians. They really only want to sell us sub-compact economy cars. Why they refuse to take our money when we're willing to buy one of their more fun cars, is beyond me. Horrible business practice.

If they don't want to keep models on the dealership lots, at least let us order the car. GM won't even let Canadians order a Chevy SS. Other car companies have no problem taking a special order from someone willing to buy their products.

I can see why GM went into bankruptcy and needed a bail out. Bad business decisions. Another bad decision was eliminating Pontiac. Pontiac had some of GM's biggest selling models.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Talking >Don't Worry > It could be worse ?< (No it couldn't)

Hello `Lou,
You should sell everything & cross the border in2 the USA Then you could `be a Canadian Alien along with that weird Alien Space from a unknown planet ? >

I don't understand why in Canada that you can't buy what you want to buy (?), but I also don't understand many laws/rules/regulations here in the good old USA

Maybe that's why my g/f & I just want to go to a island 2 live & just ride bike's & enjoy our life(LOL)...

We both still have choices in our life, but I understand that the choices can be difficult 4-Sure...

I hope that you can search more for a good mechanic that may have the knowledge/expertise to fix your Monte Carlo Problems. (?)

When do we know when to stop dumping $'s in2 something that maybe just can't be repaired ? Each person must make that decision in their life. I wish you good luck on doing your homework to do what is best for you...Only you really know (?) GOOD LUCK 4-$ure

We's Blog'in 2day

Old 11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Have a good one Space. I gotta head off to bed now.

Just glad I have access to another car I can use till mine gets fixed.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Thumbs up Good Luck `Lou

Originally Posted by Taz
Have a good one Space. I gotta head off to bed now.

Just glad I have access to another car I can use till mine gets fixed.

Thanks `Lou,
Yes, we have to search out the good things in our life to block out all the bad that can happen on our journey's of life.

There are so many more living/existing on Planet `Earth that have it so much worse then we can only imagine.

Yes, we have to remind ourselves to look @ all we have, verse > what we do not.

I wish you a good recharge & a positive outlook for your future & your decisions.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hello everybody! Welcome back Space! Did they get you all fixed up?

I hope everyone is having a smooth day. Mine has been crazy busy at work, But that makes the day go by!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: FRIDAY, 11/7/14 >Check In Here<