Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Final update on Barb P343 not good

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, I knew she wasn't doing good but I was surprised to see this post. You really never know what each day of life will bring. I wish you peace.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy

This is a Facebook post that I just saw thought I would give an update. This is very sad

Facebook Post

Update on Barb, she made it through the weekend. Today is day 4 she has not been able to eat and day 3 of not able to drink more than 4 oz in a day. However she is no longer able to swallow at all. She has a breathing apnea which now has her at 7 breaths per minute. They have doubled her hourly morphine and Adivan doses. She is being turned every 1.5 hrs to help keep pressure sores at bay.
It is difficult to sleep as I keep watching her to see if she is still breathing. An...y little noise or any whimper I try to talk to her in hopes she will respond.
I personally want to thank those that have came to visit her. All the texts and messages of love, prayers and support, I thank you. A very very big thank you to my boyfriend
Facebook Post
for coming over with me so I can spend the final days with my sister and be here for support for my niece Melanie. The days and nights are long and heartbreaking but I have memories her that will never be forgotten. Barb and I may not have always gotten along but she knows for me it's family first and I'll do everything in my power to help. Even if it's just holding her hand or wiping her eyes or reassuring her she is not alone when she calls out my name.
Life is too short, life can be cruel, but take the time and make the effort for those you love as tomorrow is never promised!!!!

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2017

So sorry to hear about P343. She gave herself to this community and I am extremely grateful for all she has done. Wishing these last few days are full of peace for her.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Remember what long lost friend Space would tell all of us, every day is a gift. I wish Barb had more days/gifts.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

No words can describe the feeling of losing another Chevy family member.

Barb was a fantastic woman. I am glad that I did have the chance to meet her in person a while back.