Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Final update on Barb P343 not good (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/final-update-barb-p343-not-good-58768/)

drivernumber3 08-17-2017 08:59 PM

Final update on Barb P343 not good

1 Attachment(s)
MCF members that know Barb P343 she is not going to last very long and I got this post on Facebook from her sister. :(

Thought you all may want to know.

Prayers are needed as Barb has entered into her final days of life. Hospice has said they do not believe Barb will make it through the weekend. As she is no longer able to swallow, eat or drink. We ask for prayers as we spend the final days with our Sister and Mother and may she be at peace as she enters into this last transition.:(

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...1&d=1503022432

plumbob 08-17-2017 09:15 PM

God bless her, she will be in a better place.
I will miss Barb greatly and thank her for all the time and effort she gave to the forum to make it better for all of us.

ZIPPY02 08-18-2017 12:53 AM

Well honey you sure gave it a good run, that you did girl. Many a months here you were the life blood of the forum. Constantly here to greet new members with a friendly hello, solving problems people may have been having with their Monte's. The part numbers, electrical diagrams you would find them, and quickly. You have been an amazing Moderator, friend and fellow Monte owner, well of course you had 2. Funny remembering how you would personally tear into your engine, readying it for your next year at the track. You could rock and roll with the best of them Barbara, everything you did was with a fire burning hot in you, a lady, with a mission. Going to be a lot less lively around here darling with out your presence, so sad to see your passing coming on like it is. Rest easy our friend, may comfort take you and ease your passing on into a wondrous new realm. You have been a dear friend here on the Monte Carlo Forum, you wont be replaced darling, no other like you. :flag: :( :drivin: Off you go now, lay it down Monte Mama...

chifan 08-18-2017 09:18 AM

Thank you, Barb, for all you have done here at MCF. I loved reading your stories from the track. The checkered flag is in sight. Godspeed, our friend...

JuniorCar 08-18-2017 10:56 AM

I feel like I should say something, but I usually don't. I'm very saddened by the update. I've been plagued with too many deaths in my life lately - overwhelmed. I've had chances to say final words and it is never enough. Never feels right.

We love you Barb

ohara 08-18-2017 01:53 PM

WOW I have been away from the forum for far too long :( I don't even have words to say at the moment

drivernumber3 08-18-2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 705604)
MCF members that know Barb P343 she is not going to last very long and I got this post on Facebook from her sister. :(

Thought you all may want to know.

Prayers are needed as Barb has entered into her final days of life. Hospice has said they do not believe Barb will make it through the weekend. As she is no longer able to swallow, eat or drink. We ask for prayers as we spend the final days with our Sister and Mother and may she be at peace as she enters into this last transition.:(

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...1&d=1503022432

Yeah........ It hurts for sure. Barb pulled thru stage 4 Breast Cancer a few years ago and although she indicated she was in remission it came back with a vengeance and went to her brain. She had complained back a few months ago about migraines and this was the start of it.

This photo I took at the National Monte Carlo show when it was in Bowling Green, KY a few years back I was in Tennessee at the time working. First time I met Barb and a few other Monte Carlo Forum members that were there.
She is sitting in a Monte that is owned by Roger Clark that was customized by Dale E. Chevrolet.
These times are sad but it is best that we remember those good times we are blessed with during life. We are reminded often that we are born to die, it is just a nasty fact of life. :nono:

The_Maniac 08-19-2017 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is a pic of barb that her sister and daughter have shared on Facebook.
Words cannot describe how I feel. Barb is not yet gone and for the past few weeks I feel like she is and I am extremely sad to hear of her horrible condition. She is too young, too well liked and too good a person to go out this way. Her cancer has done a horrible number on a person who has done so much selfless good in just the monte community (and I am sure that good spreads to everything she does in life).
I keep wishing for a miracle, I wish that her condition would turn around. I wish that she could enjoy her last days rather then suffer. I wish a lot and I know I am not alone.Attachment 35152

96z34man 08-20-2017 04:41 AM

God is an asshole. We are losing this woman while my ex-wife and Donald Trump continue to breathe and prosper.

Godspeed, sweet lady.

GTHSS 08-20-2017 10:05 AM

I wish you PEACE Barbara!! You were always kind and helpful, eager to share your gifts with us all. I am proud to say we were friends. You will be missed for sure. May God Bless your soul.:drivin: