Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Fastest Car on the MCF ? (Member Habbibie) <

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile >Fastest Car on the MCF ? (Member Habbibie) <

Originally Posted by Habbibie
OMG I just killed a ZR1 AND a ZL1!!!!

Quote:

I stopped on a red light just past a highway exit and I'm waiting for green in the middle of a three lane road, suddenly a Camaro and a vette pull up on both sides of me and they had their windows open like I do, lol they were defenitly trash talkers cause they started talking smack about my M5 and I looked at them and just noded a "let's go for it node" they both apparently were down and just before green both started to rev up. On green I gunned it and I didn't shift gears till just about my redline @8400 rpm. By the time we covered maybe a eight of a mile I'm ahead of both by miles. By maybe a q mile mark the vette was only a car length away, the zl1 was a zip code behind lol. I took then both out with ease, prolly the supercharger and having straight up drag slicks helped out a lot but they had the weight to power advantage so I wasn't feeling like I cheated them. When we rolled up to a light the vette guy asked one question " WTF is in that thing, god damn it I can't believe a turd that big beat me" lol I never looked at them I just rolled away on green and maintained the speed limit. In the race I managed a beautiful 140-150 mph. Man I can't lie it feels good to take out two of your dream cars at once. After a few miles they costed with me trying to get answeres and I never looked or answered back lol I like to maintain a sleeper look/feel. But that was fun. For the hell of it so far I've killed the following since I boosted the m5 (ws6, cobra's, gto's, all srt8 cars and srt4 neons, every mustang of any kind, every vette, g8 GXP and gt, every powerful truck like srt10 ram, lightning & syclone. An old school viper,evos & sti's, a ford GT, v8 m3's and an alpina 7 series, another m5 as well, and all the odds and lose end cars, I got killed by 3 Ferrari's, a 911 turbo, a trans am minivan ( dunno what he was packing but his fwd van I swear was a 9 second car, all srt10 vipers and two lambos one was a diablo and one was a mercilago, a impala ss 94-96 (looked like a full drag car) and finally a gtr ( which is the only reason why I'm planning on going into a stoked motor with a stage 2 or 3 supercharger setup just so I can beat a GTR cause I hate then so so much)

Ok I'm off to walmart photo center I wanna upload all my pics to a CD so I can upgrade my iphone to ios8. My pics hold 6.8gb of my memory the update requires 4.6gb

(above posted on our MCF `Blog Thursday `eve 9/18/2014)
WoW `Henry
Member: Habbibie
I think you must have the fastest car on the MCF ?
You've beaten just about everything out there (WoW)

Please post more information/pictures of your M5
Have you ever timed it @ the drags ?
Any vid's ?
Let us know `OK

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Haha speaking of vettes going to school this morning I was going to the gas station to get coffee before school. I heard this real loud rumble coming up the road. It sounded bada**. It was one of those new stingray corvettes. It sounded amazing. Just figured I would share since that was the first time I heard one of those cars.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Talking Hi `Zach, you should go test drive one (WoW)

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Haha speaking of vettes going to school this morning I was going to the gas station to get coffee before school. I heard this real loud rumble coming up the road. It sounded bada**. It was one of those new stingray corvettes. It sounded amazing. Just figured I would share since that was the first time I heard one of those cars.

LoL `Zach, but I bet that Henry's BMW M5 could beat it

The new Stingray is my dream car. My boss is going to order one, but he's driven them, but still believes they need more tweaks...The one he drove (his friends) has been back to the shop many times for adjustments & he said that your feet get Hot in the foot wells & said they need more installation.

He wants the new Z07 & I hope he get's one 4-Sure...He lets me drive his rides Sorry, we are high jacking this thread

Back to the Ride that maybe the fastest on the MCF (?)

Old 09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never really cared for the newer vettes but I do like the stingray a lot. The look of it just makes me want it let alone the engine.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:16 AM

I highly doubt I have the fastest car here but thank you, it's so far been a $48k investment including the price of the car, I gotta eleminate the speed governor other wise I think my top speed limited to 155 so turbo montes ctsv might be faster in the top speed part.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:24 AM

The fastest guy I know had to be the one with that damn minivan, I'm trying to locate him, anyone knows of him? He had a maroon Pontiac trans am van, old one too like a 96 or 97 year, wasn't a stock looking van but didn't look to be a 9sec car either.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Question

I highly doubt I have the fastest car here but thank you, it's so far been a $48k investment including the price of the car, I gotta eleminate the speed governor other wise I think my top speed limited to 155 so turbo montes ctsv might be faster in the top speed part.

Hi `Henry,
I've been on the MCF for just about 10 years & I haven't seen another Street Monte or Car that could `beat the cars that you've beaten 4-Sure. WoW

You didn't answer `if you've even been to the track 1/4 mile or 1/8th mile & get you M5 timed & speed ?

It would be great to see a `Vid to hear & see it on the track (WoW) It must be a BLAST to drive & see the faces of the owner's that you beat (?)

Do you belong to any BMW Forum's ? If so, what ones ?
I know a few people that have BMW's, but I will have to let them know about yours 4-Sure...

Do you also have `Nitros ?

a trans am minivan ( dunno what he was packing but his fwd van I swear was a 9 second car

Wow, you got beat by a FWD Trans Am Van ? WoW
I'd like to see that one 4 Sure...

You need to get a Go `Pro hooked up in your `ride...
They would be great to view in your later years of life...
* I searched Google to see if I could find a FWD T/A Van, but got no results ? Were you smoking something ? LOL

Keep us updated on your `Win's

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 AM

No never took it to the track, dunno my times. No plans in taking it to a track either. Got random pics of it but no videos, (videos have gotten me in legal trouble before) so I try to avoid those.

No Nitrous, using drag slicks (non street legal) it's a V10 stock internals motor, supercharged with mods to support and dyno tuned to an aggressive tune but not on race gas or anything radical.

I'm trying to maintain a stock look, was gonna make it look like a lower trim 5 series but fenders, bumpers, skirt, grill, wheels and downgrading brakes was going to add up too much for nothing so keeping it looking like any other E60 M5 out there.

Last edited by Habbibie; 09-19-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Exclamation Road Comparsion Test 06 M5

2006 BMW M5

First Place: Bahn Burners, Episode 39

Ever wish your ride had a magic power button that would bump engine output by, oh, say, 20 percent? Well, your ride is here. We mentioned that the minimum power in this comparo was 400, which is true. That's what the M5's new quad-cam 40-valve V-10 generates in everyday mode. But punch that little "power" button on the center console, and — yowza! — the engine's operating parameters change, and peak output soars to 500 horsepower at 7750 rpm.

Allied with BMW's equally new seven-speed sequential manual gearbox (SMG) in max-performance mode and the lowest curb weight (4110 pounds) in this collection, the M5 blasts to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds, a dead heat with the CLS55, and then eases ahead of the Benz in the quarter-mile at 12.5 seconds and 118 mph. At the con clusion of our Grattan lapping, where the M5 turned in the fastest time of the day at 1:31.25, our man Webster called this "the mother of all powertrains."

As you'd expect, the M5 is happy on a racetrack. Select the combination of suspension, power, and transmission settings you need for max lap times — this Bimmer is almost as adjustable as a modern race car — and hit it. In sport mode, the most aggressive of three suspension settings, the M5 is distinctly more athletic than its rivals. We were surprised at the modest level of grip delivered by the Continental SportContact 2 tires — just 0.89 g — but it didn't seem to hamper stopping performance, a phenomenal 158 feet from 70 mph, nor did it keep the M5 from smoking the two other cars in the lane change.

The Bimmer is almost as adjustable inside as it is in terms of dynamics. Almost every panel of the front buckets is power adjustable, and that, plus a steering column with power adjustability for rake and reach, pretty much guarantees a custom fit for any body. The only negative is seat-cushion padding that felt a tad too firm, but that complaint occurred only after about 500 miles of freeway droning.

We were also impressed with the interior dιcor, which was typically BMW clean and straightforward. Our test car was refreshingly trimmed with aluminum, although wood trim is optional.

However, as good as it is on a racetrack, the M5 leaves a little something to be desired elsewhere. The ride quality is a trifle stiff, even in the mildest settings, although this is something that can also be said of the Benz. But the biggest culprit is the SMG. In the most aggressive automated manual mode, it hammers home shifts like John Henry racing the steam drill — whop-whop-whop! But in full automatic, it's all but impossible to avoid huge gasps between upshifts, particularly in the lower gears. One logbook scribbler summed up the test crew's unanimous response: "I tried to leave it in auto mode, but I just couldn't stand it."

Perhaps the most telling testimonial on this second-generation SMG is this: Initially, this was to be the 2006 M5's only transmission. However, BMW now plans to offer the option of a six-speed manual this fall. Enough said.

Our other major M5 reservation applies to many Bimmers. That would be BMW's iDrive systems controller, still in our view one of the most irritating modern automotive-technology manifestations to come fretfully down the pike. We're told that owners eventually learn to manipulate this device with varying degrees of confidence and comfort. Nevertheless, any vehicle control system that requires repeated visits to the instruction manual is a bad job of design. These are not minor reservations. Nor is the $84,895 base price.

But in the end, the BMW's poise and athleticism, plus the yowl of that high-revving V-10, are irresistible. There are new contenders entering the supersedan arena regularly these days, and we'll undoubtedly be staging another tournament, Episode 40, when the Audi RS 6 comes along. But right now, the M5 rules once again. View Photo Gallery

Last edited by Space; 09-19-2014 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I keep learning something new 'bout people everytime I visit the MCF 4-Sure
Old 09-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Great comparison test above
=======================

Hi Member's,
I also believe in the tooth fairy, the easter bunny & `Santa

*** Notice Reminder to `all ***
If you want a Super Ride for Christmas (?),
you better start being good (?)
Christmas is on 96 days away from the date
of this Thread
"You better watch `out, you better not lie,