Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Fantasy Cars : )

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Fantasy Cars : )

5 to Drive: Fantasy Cars

With these five cars, who says fantasy can't be reality?

Filling in the Empty Spaces on the MCF
Sure Hope some of the MCF Member's like to Dream

By Jonathan Elfalan Photos by Jay K. McNally, Jeff Allen, Jennifer Degtjarewsky, John Lamm and Marc Urbano
June 2009

1 of 2

Video: 5 to Drive Fantasy Cars >>
Slideshow: 5 to Drive Fantasy Cars >>
Slideshow >>

It may not be typical to shop for cars priced as high as some mortgages, but it sure is fun to fantasize about the ones you'd purchase if you ever make it big (really big), or get lucky with the lotto (really lucky).
Well, say you've reached that point today and are looking for something chic, fast and exclusive. We have five superb examples of automotive mastery here that will satisfy just about any palate. Better yet, they all hail from credible marques that won't soon fade away. Even supercars require servicing at some point in their lives and all five here have legitimate dealers to handle all maintenance. Yes, these cars are designed to be easy on the eyes, but they are also engineered to be driven — fast!
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (MSRP $104,920)

The Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is the most coveted American supercar in production today. It'll not only outgun its closest competition — the fire breathing Dodge Viper SRT-10 — in acceleration, braking and handling, but it'll drive with the civility of a car you'd let mom tool around in.
Slideshow >>

The ZR1 features a hand-built 6.2-liter supercharged V-8, which peers through a transparent polycarbonate window in its ultra-light carbon-fiber hood. The V-8, thanks largely to its supercharger, makes excellent power and torque. Just how much? Try 638 bhp and 604 lb.-ft. of torque!
If you can't quite drive a stick yet, you're out of luck; the ZR1 is available only with a manual transmission, a race-hardened 6-speed manual that is the best ever offered in a Corvette.
The ZR1 is the only Corvette currently equipped with GM's Magnetic Ride Control. This system continuously adjusts the suspension for the given road conditions, and it lets the driver switch the shock absorbers between Sport or Tour modes on the fly, with the simple twist of a **** in the cockpit.
Everything that makes the ZR1 go fast comes standard. However, if you opt for the 3ZR package ($10,000) you'll get touch-screen navigation, a Bose audio system and a leather interior.

Five reasons to buy:
  1. It's an affordable supercar
  2. Easy to drive fast (and slow)
  3. Substantial luggage space
  4. Aggressive yet tasteful styling
  5. American made
2009 Aston Martin DBS (MSRP $262,000)

Slideshow >>

If beauty and elegance are of utmost importance but you still like going fast, the Aston Martin DBS is your dream come true. Aston Martin is long known for building some of the most attractive designs in automotive history, and the DBS is one whose looks will never fade.
This lavish 2-seater is quite spacious inside, with ample room for the driver and passenger, plus some space behind the seats for supplemental luggage room. Built entirely out of carbon-fiber and aluminum, the DBS weighs a lot less than it looks — 3480 lb. to be exact.
The 6.0-liter V-12 engine that powers the DBS is hand built like the rest of the car, and every DBS features a plaque that bears the name of the individual responsible for its final inspection. With either the 6-speed manual or 6-speed paddle-shifted Touchtronic automatic transmission, the DBS accelerates at virtually identical rates. Which is to say, super fast!
The standard suspension is equipped with Aston's Active Damping System that automatically adjusts according to the inputs it receives from the road and driver. A track setting (the stiffest setting) can also be summoned with the touch of a button.
Lastly, Aston Martin has partnered with fine-watch maker, Jaeger-LeCoultre to offer a watch that doubles as the DBS's transponder, locking and unlocking the doors by simply touching the watch's sapphire crystal face. Continue Reading >>

Five reasons to buy:
  1. Pinnacle of automotive beauty
  2. Surprisingly quick and athletic
  3. Extensive use of exotic materials
  4. Interior fit for a king (or queen)
  5. Manual and automatic transmissions available
More Fantasy Cars >>

Click above 2 continue with more
AweSome Dream Machine's.
Which one do you `Dream of ?

Last edited by Space; 06-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I'd sure like to drive a Corvette ZR1............

Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM

...Hi Micheal, I'm sure `if you find a dealer that has one & you pull into a dealership with your Monte RS, & dress like the business-man
you are....? I bet they would let you test drive one 4-Sure.

Michael, nothing ventured ~ nothing gained...Go 4 `it : )

I can't wait for one of the companies investor's to get his in late July
or August. (He said he will let me drive his : ) I don't know if I can drive it by myself, but I still will be happy 4-Sure : )

Let us know `if you try, or any member that gets a chance to drive the new ZR`1 : ) WoW~ Wee's : ) LOL ~ LOL

Last edited by Space; 06-18-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'll take the Aston Martin.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by JJsRYD
I'll take the Aston Martin.

Ok J.J.
Here's you Aston Martin
Print it `out & EnJoy

Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOOHOO. Thanks Santa Space. LOL

Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll take the Aston Martin's driveline and suspension underneath the Torino in my yard....

Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...Hi Micheal, I'm sure `if you find a dealer that has one & you pull into a dealership with your Monte RS, & dress like the business-man
you are....? I bet they would let you test drive one 4-Sure.

Michael, nothing ventured ~ nothing gained...Go 4 `it : )

I can't wait for one of the companies investor's to get his in late July
or August. (He said he will let me drive his : ) I don't know if I can drive it by myself, but I still will be happy 4-Sure : )

Let us know `if you try, or any member that gets a chance to drive the new ZR`1 : ) WoW~ Wee's : ) LOL ~ LOL
IDK, they look at me and think to themselves Monte Carlo vs. $100,000 Corvette...22 years old. I think they may want to see my bank account before giving me keys...LOL...you never know though, maybe they would think I won the loto and throw me the keys..hmmmm it just might be worth a try! LOL1 But the problem is finding a local dealer that has one in stock!

Space, let us know for sure when you drive the ZR1!