Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

fake

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Definitely the wrong rim.... ask him why he replaced the rims with a set that actually devalue the car. Send him a picture of yours and tell him that buying the cheap checkered flag decal from PFYC doesn't magically turn your car into a pace car edition.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Definitely the wrong rim.... ask him why he replaced the rims with a set that actually devalue the car. Send him a picture of yours and tell him that buying the cheap checkered flag decal from PFYC doesn't magically turn your car into a pace car edition.
Wrong rims, wrong spoiler, wrong or rather lack of ground effects... just wrong!

Originally Posted by phoenixdude24
reported, also he says low mileage and the odometer clearly shows 47536 miles yet the autocheck on the page says last known mileage as 98198 miles reported Dec-30-2008.
Didn't even notice the mileage difference. I did wonder why he put a link to the Auto Check when that car didn't even come close to what they said similar vehicles scored... 66 vs 76-87, or is that an eBay thing? At an rate I'm now wondering if the VIN is authentic to THAT car!

Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 AM

5 Year Member

maybe he mean't 97k... give him one break somewhere!

Old 01-23-2010, 09:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Answer I got...............

what missing parts? what original glory? i'm not following. this car is exactly how i bought it. these are limited edition pace car replicas. there are 3 others just like it on ebay right now. i don't understand all the questions.
I just replied......

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to have to tell you but this car is a clone. NOT... a real Pace car. Wrong groundies, wrong spoiler, wrong wheels, several other things that don't add up if you don't have the correct parts. Good luck with your auction and thanks for your time.

Last edited by rj; 01-23-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 AM

5 Year Member

looks like somebody is going to be about 2nd-3rd generation cheated.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm not 100% up on the pace car editions but those of you that are does this guy have it down? Looks about right to me. http://webpages.charter.net/montecarlolmss/pace.html

Maybe someone should send Mr Moron this page.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

Somebody link him to my car so he can see what a real 2002 pace car looks like.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I ran the VIN# of that "pace car" on CompNine. CLICK HERE to see the results. (scroll down)

I read the seller's description.

UP FOR AUCTION IS MY BEAUTIFUL 2002 MONTE CARLO SS REPLICA PACE CAR. THERE WERE ONLY SO MANY MADE IN THIS COLOR. WITH LOW MILES AND IN GREAT CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT, SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO GET LUCKY. I TOOK WHAT WAS ALREADY A GORGEOUS CAR AND ADDED DARK TINT, TINTED VENT SHADES, MATCHING SILVER BOWTIE GRAPHIC ON THE HOOD, AND A $700.00 SET OF GOODYEAR NASCAR #1 RWL RADIAL TIRES. INTERIOR IS WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE FLAWLESS. EXTERIOR IS GREAT AS WELL WITH ONLY THE OCCASIONAL ROCK DING. FACTORY STEREO SOUNDS GREAT AND COMES WITH BOTH CASSETTE AND CD PLAYERS. I HAVE THE MATCHING FLOOR MATS WHICH ARE BLACK WITH MONTE CARLO SS IN GRAY. I ALSO HAVE A SECOND SET OF MATS WHICH ARE BLACK WITH MONTE CARLO IN YELLOW. CAR WAS PROFESSIONALLY UPGRADED TO SUPERCHARGED A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH NEW ENGINE, TRANS, INSTRUMENTATION, ETC. I MAY TRY AND ADD MORE PICS LATER THIS WEEK BUT FOR SOME REASON I HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE UPLOADING THE ONES I HAVE NOW. I WILL TRY AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. CAR RUNS, DRIVES, AND LOOKS TERRIFIC. IT GETS BETWEEN 23 AND 28 MILES PERGALLON. ONSTAR SYSTEM IS BUILT IN TO THE REAR VIEW MIRROR. IF YOU LIVE IN OR AROUND SOUTHEASTERN KENTUCKY I ENCOURAGE YOU TO COME SEE AND DRIVE THE CAR IN PERSON. BID OR BUY WITH CONFIDENCE AS MY FEEDBACK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
This may explain why the mileage is off. The n/a guage cluster wouldn't have a boost guage. So when the car was upgraded to the supercharged L67, I'm thinking the owner also installed a guage cluster and computer for a supercharged L67 Monte. I'm guessing this was done 47,536 miles ago.

Also...

One of the owners obviously wanted to turn his run of the mill 2002 Monte into a Pace Car version.

Just speculating here, but here's what I think:

Stickers were bought from the internet or dealership, and installed in the proper spots. Since he had the wrong spoiler, the "Team Monte Carlo" spoiler decal was stuck on the rear bumper. (Looks really wrong IMO)

Pace car exclusive items like the dash panel and silver plate on the trunk lid were obtained from a dealership, or a real pace car that was either wrecked or stolen.

Bottom line...

It's because of cars like this one, that auto companies issue Certificates Of Authenticity.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Poor Kentucky Dude been Smok'in 2 much
Kentucky Home grown, and maybe believes
he has a original Pace Car

We will all have to get `up there and have a Monte Carlo
Cararvan to his Pot Farm
& have a Lynch Mob Party...

Hang him by his toes, and burn his `Pot ~*
WoW, whose gona organize the `Mob Trip

when a large group of people attack a single person that lied about his Monte Carlo or a small group of people, usually innocent and unsuspecting, and beating him/them, sometimes really bad, in a very violent and barbaric manner. Then
rip'in off his decals & hang'in him by his toes,
and put glue in his ignition/door locks,
and sugar in the tank.
That will teach'em 4-Sure \
Sorry, I got carried away....
Maybe he just don't know the difference ?
Maybe he's not fortunate enough to belong to a
Monte Carlo Family ?
We are the lucky ones....I'm sure a future buyer of
a pace car should know the difference...I hope, or
they will have buyer's remorse
Maybe he'sjust a Joker & the MCF Police
Should pick him `up
Mod WizKidd, get your Magnum ready 4 a Trip 2 Kentucky
There's a Joker on the lose

Old 01-23-2010, 04:06 PM

WoW `Lou,
Great information & research 4-Sure.
I am always amazed at what a person can find when they
research the `web...
No one can hide anymore : )
Thanks `Lou for posting/sharing finding.

I'm so happy that I am connected to the `web and
the MCF 4-Sure.
"My connection 2 the outside World"

Wish everyone reading this a `Happy
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 01-23-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: fake