Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Done With GM

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what a deal =p

i paid 4k for mine with brand new tires and 75k miles on it

Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

lol i got everyone beat on cheapest price lol

Old 01-13-2010, 09:39 PM

Mike, true, but you've put in about an estimated 14K on it, with who knows how many work hours and you're still not done lol :P
I think we got the better deal :P :P :P

Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM

well yeah but uh title wise i got the better deal lol, yeah but hey my car is one of a kind only one its color & everything lol

Old 01-17-2010, 02:02 PM

$9,000 sticker price for a used '03 Monte SS with 54,000 miles, I think I did alright. The same lot was selling a 2004 LS with 40,000 miles for $12,000, so I chose the cheaper of the two.

I remember reading full sticker price for a fully loaded '03 SS high sport was around $27,000.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member
Default Dem and union no wonder your so stressed and angry

Originally Posted by mad717
Hey Mod Taz,

I never left MCF, I usually just lurk and read until someone pi##es me off with a comment like the thread starter or this one here:

Cat pays you more so that you won't join the union. It is really pretty simple. No protection for you equals a little more money in your pocket. If you think Cat, or any Fortune 500 company, won't screw you in a half a heartbeat, you are WRONG.

Also, I could tell you all of the things that unions got for average workers, but I'll just name a few: paid vacations, paid health insurance, paid sick days, paid holidays, no children in factories, the 40 hour work week, overtime pay for any time over 40 hours. and the list goes on and on.

But for people who think unions are useless and don't matter, nothing will help. Well, the folks that are salary where I work are getting hosed by the company, no pay raises and they had their health insurance redone, and man did they get hosed. Not me, since my union has an unbreakable contract. Next year, new contract, so we may get some, too.

Also, just so you know, the legacy costs for health care are what really killed the Big 3. Who ever would have thought health insurance companies would screw people over, raising rates at double digits each and every year?

Also, for Duane, just so you and every other conservative/libertarian/whatever know, I am a Democrat, and I don't consider myself liberal whatsover. I probably have harder viewpoints than many so-called conservatives about some things. Also, since you seem to have forgotten, THIS IS THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD:

all the bennies are genrally how quality employers recriute the best employee and hang on to them. unions had thier time but now everything
you credit them with is law either federal or state so there's no longer any need for them IN MY OPINION.
401k where on there way back up be for the years end and we won't see any effect of obama's zars for sometime, hopefully the damage will be fixable. we had Reagan to fix carters mess so we'll just have to see who will step up to clean up this crews mess..and that goes for all of washington over the past 8 to 10 years. Good luck with the new contract

Last edited by jarheadbobandmax; 01-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
I want an AWD CAR! NOT an SUV, a CAR. And not $60K for it.
Amen!

I would love an AWD sedan or coupe from one of the big three, but I don't want to buy a Charger and pay that much extra to get it.

I think there would be a decent market in north america for a car like this. Throw in a gutsy V6 with an optional V8.....

As for sticker prices, my '00 Blazer had a sticker of $26000. All it had was AutoTrac 4x4, the cold weather, package and a hitch.

Original sticker for the Monte was around $28000. I got it after a 3 year lease with 25k on it for $17000

GM has a record of neglecting brands, then killing them as the market moves away from the old tired designs. They simply need to be more proactive.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member
Default So there Jose!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
well yeah but uh title wise i got the better deal lol, yeah but hey my car is one of a kind only one its color & everything lol
Mike I'm not really sure you took the ribbon there bud. I grabed mine off of a my state farm agent for salvage cost of under four....now title, plate's and making it street legal was under $975 but I have had to replace the body clips F/R , new paint, wiring, interior, exhaust, wheels & tires, stereo and brakes...the engine and tranny are to be swapped in the spring. the labor I own myself along with many all nighters at the shop but isn't that just part of the rebuild anyway. and you know GM had nothing to do with any part of the process.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM

yeah but yours dosnt have a clean title does it, mine is still a clean title & it just shows up as right front collision lol, dosnt say anything about a roll over lol

Quick Reply: Done With GM