Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you take better care of yourself or your Monte ?
I take better care of my Monte
22.73%
I take better care of myself !
31.82%
It's about 50/50
40.91%
I don't take care of anything
9.09%
I want to `be a Beach-Bum & don't worry about anything (lol)
13.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Do you take better care of your Monte, than yourself ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Do you take better care of your Monte, or yourself ?

Please Vote honestly in above Poll
We won't tell anyone
Please post what you do, how you 'do & why ?

Look forward to seeing the results of
this Poll

Take Better Care of Your Body Then You Do Your (Car) Monte Carlo ?

How often do you wash you car, fill the tank with just the right kind of gas, clean the windshield make sure there is enough oil in the engine, change all the belts, parts and tires that are worn? We make sure that we get those tune ups, and best gas when they are required for the life of the car. Making sure that your Monte Carlo is in top showroom condition ?

Are you beginning to get my drift > Point? We really do put a great deal of effort into how we take care of our automobiles for the re-sale value and longevity of the car & PRIDE of Ownership. We often take better care of our cars then we do our own bodies and health.
Most of us take CARE of our bodies only when we absolutely have to in a health crisis, or when it is really too late. We can not trade them in for an upgrade. We are stuck with the bodies we have, and there is no way around the aging process. I believe that if we put as much attention and care into our bodies as we do our cars, we would all be a lot healthier, live longer and remain more attractive as we age. How are you caring for your body?
Let’s take a look at what I believe to be the best possible way to take good care of these transport mechanisms we call our bodies. I will keep this simple in this blog and hope that you read some of the articles I will continue to post and the eBooks that will eventually be for sale on this site. Most of us feel we don’t have the discipline for making too many changes, or adding to our To Do lists on a daily basis, especially as we age. However, making a few specific changes can make a huge difference for optimum health and longevity. Although many of us rely on the fact that we inherited some good genes that have kept us relatively healthy, that only goes so far as we age. The medical system is there to work in partnership with you, not FIX you when you have made a mess of your health. Remember health professionals are not miracle workers and every medication has a negative side effect. Medications are not needed for most health issues, you, your nutrition and self care are the CURE!

The bottom line for your Self Care To Do List

• Begin your day before eating with a cup of hot water with lemon juice. If you can tolerate it a pinch of cayenne pepper to increase the metabolism. The hot lemon water will alkalize your body. A healthy body is one that is alkaline and not acid. Although one would think that lemon is acidic, in the body it has the impact of changing the acid alkaline balance in a healthy way.
  • Breakfast should be fruit which is a great natural way for you to help the intestines evacuate. Most of you drink coffee to help do this, coffee acidifies the body. Add an ounce of healthy raw nuts and you have a healthy breakfast for the start of your day. The natural sugars from the fruit and the added protein and oil from the nuts will give you energy and focus for hours.
  • Eat every four hours for the rest of your day to keep the metabolism burning hot so that calories get used and not stored as fat. Three meals, with lunch being the largest meal, and dinner being a light meal of salad and soup. Then you can add a light snack between lunch and dinner and if you go to bed on the later side another snack a few hours before bed.
  • Take a really good quality multi-vitamin each morning and for my middle age and older clients I highly suggest a high quality Omega 3 Oil. If you have joint pain take double what the label suggests, if not just what the label recommends. Omega 3 oils also help to keep the body alkaline, you can get non fish Omega 3 oil and include Walnuts in your diet as they are the only Omega 3 oil containing nuts.
  • Drink 10 glasses of filtered water spread out over the day, and make sure you are not drinking out of plastic containers.
  • Reduce the amount of refined sugars,and grain products, they cause inflammation. Try and rid yourself of dairy as dairy is filled with toxins and is very high in sugar and fat. You can get calcium from greens and sunflower seeds. Most important is to increase the amount of fresh vegetable both raw and cooked daily, and lessen your animal protein to maybe three times a week.
  • Try and find a time during the day, first thing in the morning works for me, to spend at least ten minutes in quiet, focusing on your breath and detaching from your thinking mind. Getting good at this takes practice, but even if your mind is racing you will benefit from doing this as a daily discipline.
  • Walk at least a half hour at least five days a week at a pace you can manage. Push your body when possible. You can break this half hour into shorter segments.
  • Stretch every evening before you get in bed. Stretching not only keeps the body limber, and in alignment, but it helps build and maintain muscle. You can order the Stretch and Relax DVD from this web site which will help you to both stretch, do deep breathing and relax all at the same time.
  • Get eight hours of sleep each night and find a moment to review your day and be grateful for everything positive in your life.
I hope you will incorporate this Self Care into your lives and not wait until you hit a health crisis. I find that when I am in crisis, the last thing I can do is start a new regime. Your bodies must be treated with great care, nurturing and love so take back Stewardship of your body. You know what they say “There is no time like the present”…. this is not a dress rehearsal, it is your life!
13 Ways To Take Better Care of Yourself

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-02-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Because I'm always messing up (lol)
Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say now Its 50/50 for me and my Monte !!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM

Thanks Member 'Blazed for being the first to vote & post. I have read your posts on your major work out & weight loss Congratulations on sticking with your work out program & showing others that it can be done 'if you really want to get in shape + keep your Monte also in super super condition...Wish you continued success on your work out program + winning in your awesome Monte Carlo 4>Sure...

Old 07-02-2013, 01:31 PM

Gunna have to say that I take care of the Monte better,, just because when I bought it 5 years ago it was sooo nice and want to keep it that way FOREVER!!!
At least once a month I put it on a lift here at work and check the underside... any leaks, damage etc...
Always maintained with oil changes, brakes when needed, anything it needs I make sure to take care of it.

Last edited by steelmalu43; 07-02-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by steelmalu43
Gunna have to say that I take care of the Monte better,, just because when I bought it 5 years ago it was sooo nice and want to keep it that way FOREVER!!!
At least once a month I put it on a lift here at work and check the underside... any leaks, damage etc...
Always maintained with oil changes, brakes when needed, anything it needs I make sure to take care of it.

Thanks 'Scott, your honestly is refreshing
Take good care & enjoy your Monte Carlo
============================================
Below from above link;
We sleep, but we don’t sleep enough. We eat, but not the right foods. We relax, but in front of the mind numbing television. We take great care of everyone else in our life, and we don’t take great care of ourselves. We allow ourselves to come dead last in the scheme of things.

What is wrong with this picture?

As parents and caregivers, it’s common to neglect self-care. We are so busy fussing and worrying about our children (or sometimes our parents), we forget about our own needs. It’s easy to think we’ll take care of ourselves later…time ticks away and before we know it we’ve allowed ourselves to be run down and grumpy. Or worse yet, we become seriously ill.

You know how the flight attendant encourages you, in case of emergency, to place the oxygen mask on yourself before your children? This makes great sense. How can you help others if you can’t help yourself? The same is true about every day care and feeding of your mind, body, and spirit.

Here are 10 self-care ideas to get you motivated:

1. Take a power nap. 20-30 minute power naps are proven to energize and recharge brain activity. They are not meant to replace regular sleep. A good power nap is meant to subsidize when your sleep was interrupted.
2. Meditate. Even 10 or 15 minutes of meditation will clear away the stress and anxiety in your life. Meditating liberates your creative spirit, and connects you to your higher power.
3. Take a 10-minute brisk walk. It’s amazing how much better you will feel!
4. Devote 30 minutes per day to personal development material. Fill your mind with positive thoughts – it chases away the negative!
5. Organize your days so that each day gives you space for quiet, reflective time.
6. Stay connected to friends – not the energy sucking kind – the nurturing kind. Let go of toxic relationships and embrace healthy ones.
7. Get organized – operating in chaos causes more stress. Take the time to develop a system, and use it. Things just work better.
8. Read something just for fun. Something that makes you laugh, or tugs at your heartstrings. Log onto the MCF & read some threads & make a post. Be nice to everyone 4>Sure!!
9. Listen to your favorite music every single day. Remember to include music in every part of your life – it is the perfect soundtrack for a well-lived life. Ask WestCoast 'Mike 4 tunes (he knows then all: )
10. Feed your body a well balanced diet. Eliminate junk food. Your body carries you around, working hard for you. Honor it.
11. Instead of having numerous lists that never get completed, commit to creating a list of 6 things – only six. This teaches you to notice what is important in your life, and allows you to end each day feeling satisfied that you’ve accomplished what you set out to do.
12. Love yourself. Remember that you were created to be perfect in every way. At your core exists perfection. As humans, we tend to add layer upon layer of limited beliefs. Allow your perfect self to shine through.
13. Forgive. Forgive yourself. Forgive others. Surrender the ego thought that says you should or shouldn’t have done something. Or that someone else owes you something because of a past deed. Let it go…it’s healthier.
You were created with greatness inside of you. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in every single one of us. Honor this special part of you by nurturing it. The world needs you to be strong, vibrant and healthy – mentally and physically. You get to choose your daily actions. Love yourself enough to choose wisely.
14. Buy & Drive a Chevrolet Monte Carlo > < the best investment a wise person can make !!!!

^ Above inspired by ^

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-02-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

I take better care of myself. I have to. no me, no monte.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by joeykl66
I take better care of myself. I have to. no me, no monte.
No Monte > No Fun 4'Sure
Thanks 'Joey for your vote & words...I think it's possible to take good care of both Not E.Z., but to me nothing good is E.Z. 4>Real......

Old 07-02-2013, 02:12 PM

Unfortunately due to my accident, my body is getting all the attention and the Monte is sitting in the driveway dead. Soon though, it will be back on the road haha.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

Thanks space. Wanna burn one? Lol lol lol lol

Old 07-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its about dead even for both myself and the car. I keep her clean and healthy and in return I get enjoyment and a good workout out of it!

Aside from that, I try to keep myself in good shape I eat moderately healthy, cut back when I need to. I used to be vegetarian and still incorporate what I learned into my eating habits now. Most of my meats is poultry and fish, steak is for special occasions. I don't excersize much, but I do stay active with both detailing and my full time job.

Quick Reply: Do you take better care of your Monte, than yourself ?