Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you smoke ? (Multi selections> Choices)
Yes, I smoke
7.69%
About a pack a day
7.69%
More then a pack a day
0%
I'm trying to quite
0%
I use to smoke
38.46%
I only smoke illegal stuff
7.69%
I quit, but started again a few times
0%
I Quit & never smoked again
7.69%
I've never Smoked
46.15%
I want to SMOKE ? I don't know why ? Stress > Maybe ?
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

> Do you Smoke ? <

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default > Do you Smoke ? <

Hi `Member's,
Do you Smoke ? Cigarettes/Cigar's, a pipe etc ?
How much to you spend a month of smoke's ?

I was just in the employee's lounge & one of the workers is trying to stop/quite & got Chantix's for help. (There's no smoking permitted in the warehouse Complex)...He just got his prescription & he read the warnings to a group of employee's that were on `break..

Below is the warnings I found on the `web for this product > WoW, I can't believe that are selling this stuff. I know I wouldn't take `it . Has anyone here tried `it ? If so, how did it affect you ?

Important Safety Information
and Possible Side Effects

What is the most important safety information about CHANTIX?

Some people have had changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal thoughts or actions while using CHANTIX to help them quit smoking. Some people had these symptoms when they began taking CHANTIX, and others developed them after several weeks of treatment or after stopping CHANTIX. If you, your family, or caregiver notice agitation, hostility, depression, or changes in behavior, thinking, or mood that are not typical for you, or you develop suicidal thoughts or actions, anxiety, panic, aggression, anger, mania, abnormal sensations, hallucinations, paranoia, or confusion, stop taking CHANTIX and call your doctor right away . Also tell your doctor about any history of depression or other mental health problems before taking CHANTIX, as these symptoms may worsen while taking CHANTIX.
Is there other important safety information?

Do not take CHANTIX if you have had a serious allergic or skin reaction to CHANTIX. Some people can have serious skin reactions while taking CHANTIX, some of which can become life-threatening. These can include rash, swelling, redness, and peeling of the skin . Some people can have allergic reactions to CHANTIX, some of which can be life-threatening and include: swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can cause trouble breathing. If you have these symptoms or have a rash with peeling skin or blisters in your mouth, stop taking CHANTIX and get medical attention right away.

Before starting CHANTIX, tell your doctor if you have a history of heart or blood vessel problems. If you have new or worse heart or blood vessel symptoms during treatment, tell your doctor. Get emergency medical help right away if you have any symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
Use caution driving your Monte Carlo or operating machinery until you know how CHANTIX may affect you. * Monte Carlo added to the ^ above *
You should not use CHANTIX while using other treatments to quit smoking. Tell your doctor if you use other treatments to quit smoking.
What are the most common side effects?

In clinical trials, the most common side effects of CHANTIX include:
  • Nausea (30%)
  • Sleep problems (trouble sleeping, changes in dreaming)
  • Constipation
  • Gas
  • Vomiting
These are not all the side effects of CHANTIX. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
A side effect is a negative or positive effect related to a medicine based upon clinical studies.
Tell your doctor about these side effects that bother you or that do not go away.
What should I tell my doctor before starting CHANTIX?

Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions, including if you:
  • Have ever had depression or other mental health problems, as these symptoms may worsen while taking CHANTIX.
  • Experienced nicotine withdrawal symptoms with prior quit attempts, with or without CHANTIX. Quitting smoking, with or without CHANTIX, can result in nicotine withdrawal symptoms (such as depressed mood, agitation) or a worsening of existing mental health problems, such as depression.
  • Have kidney problems or get kidney dialysis. Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose of CHANTIX for you.
  • Have a history of heart or blood vessel problems before starting CHANTIX. If you have new or worse heart or blood vessel symptoms during treatment, tell your doctor. Get emergency medical help right away if you have any symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
  • Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. CHANTIX has not been studied in pregnant women. It is not known if CHANTIX will harm your unborn baby. It is best to stop smoking before you get pregnant.
  • Are breastfeeding. Although it was not studied, CHANTIX may pass into breast milk. You and your doctor should discuss alternative ways to feed your baby if you take CHANTIX.
Tell your doctor about all your other medicines, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially, tell your doctor if you take:
  • Insulin
  • Asthma medicines
  • Blood thinners
When you stop smoking, there may be a change in how these and other medicines work for you.

Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show your doctor and pharmacist.
Next: How Your Doctor Can Help
Important Safety Information
Some people have had changes in behavior, hostility, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal thoughts or actions while using CHANTIX to help them quit smoking. Some people had these symptoms when they began taking CHANTIX, and others developed them after several weeks of treatment or after stopping CHANTIX. If you, your family, or caregiver notice agitation, hostility, depression, or changes in behavior, thinking, or mood that are not typical for you, or you develop suicidal thoughts or actions, anxiety, panic, aggression, anger, mania, abnormal sensations, hallucinations, paranoia, or confusion, stop taking CHANTIX and call your doctor right away. Also tell your doctor about any history of depression or other mental health problems before taking CHANTIX, as these symptoms may worsen while taking CHANTIX.
Do not take CHANTIX if you have had a serious allergic or skin reaction to CHANTIX. Some people can have serious skin reactions while taking CHANTIX, some of which can become life-threatening. These can include rash, swelling, redness, and peeling of the skin. Some people can have allergic reactions to CHANTIX, some of which can be life-threatening and include: swelling of the face, mouth, and throat that can cause trouble breathing. If you have these symptoms or have a rash with peeling skin or blisters in your mouth, stop taking CHANTIX and get medical attention right away.
Before starting CHANTIX, tell your doctor if you have a history of heart or blood vessel problems. If you have new or worse heart or blood vessel symptoms during treatment, tell your doctor. Get emergency medical help right away if you have any symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
The most common side effects of CHANTIX include nausea (30%), sleep problems, constipation, gas and/or vomiting. If you have side effects that bother you or don't go away, tell your doctor. You may have trouble sleeping, vivid, unusual or strange dreams while taking CHANTIX. Use caution driving or operating machinery until you know how CHANTIX may affect you.
CHANTIX should not be taken with other quit-smoking products. You may need a lower dose of CHANTIX if you have kidney problems or get dialysis.
Before starting CHANTIX, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or if you take insulin, asthma medicines, or blood thinners. Medicines like these may work differently when you quit smoking.

What is CHANTIX

CHANTIX is a prescription medicine that, along with support, helps adults 18 and over stop smoking. You may benefit from quit-smoking support programs and/or counseling during your quit attempt. It's possible that you might slip up and smoke while taking CHANTIX. If you do, you can stay on CHANTIX and keep trying to quit.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088

............ Hey, we tried CHANTIX & Look what happened to us

Last edited by Space; 10-28-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Thumbs up Wish You Good Luck

25 Ways to Stop Smoking Cigarettes
MCF Member's, if you have stopped smoking, please post & let us know how you did it ? Please share > Thank YOU!

Not sure how to quit smoking cigarettes? Try one of these 25 ways to stop smoking and start your path towards a healthier, smoke-free life.

From Stealth Health (Reader's Digest Association Books)

For all the intense efforts to reduce smoking in America over the past two decades, the progress has not been stellar. Today one in four men and one in five women still smoke.
For those who never smoked, this is a befuddling fact. Don’t smokers understand that cigarettes are the number one killer in America, that they dramatically increase risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, high blood pressure, and almost every other health concern, small or large? How could any habit be worth this?
Truth is, most smokers do understand. They also understand the huge financial toll of smoking, with a pack of 20 cigarettes costing $10 in some areas (imagine: $3,650 spent a year on cigarettes by pack-a-day smokers — often people of only modest resources).
Then why do millions still smoke? In good part, because the nicotine in cigarettes is highly addictive. In good part, because smoking provides psychological comfort to some people. Perhaps most of all, because quitting smoking is so hard.
Researchers and businesses have responded strongly to the last point. Never have there been so many tools, systems, and programs available for quitting smoking. And with every month that passes, there is more research showing the benefits of quitting, and the drawbacks of not quitting.
So if you smoke, consider again whether it is time, finally, to quit. If yes, you’ll need to think through the best approach, perhaps working with your doctor or an expert. But the following 25 tips will help you succeed.
1. Make an honest list of all the things you like about smoking. Draw a line down the center of a piece of paper and write them on one side; on the other side make a list of all the things you dislike, such as how it can interfere with your health, work, family, etc., suggests Daniel Z. Lieberman, M.D., director of the Clinical Psychiatric Research Center at George Washington University Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Think about the list over time, and make changes. If you are brave enough, get feedback from family and friends about things they don’t like about your use of cigarettes. When the negative side outweighs the positive side, you are ready to quit.
2. Then make another list of why quitting won’t be easy. Be thorough, even if the list gets long and discouraging. Here’s the important part: Next to each entry, list one or more options for overcoming that challenge. For instance, one item might be: “Nicotine is an addictive drug.” Your option might be: “Try a nicotine replacement alternative.” Another reason might be: “Smoking helps me deal with stress.” Your option might be: “Take five-minute walks instead.” The more you anticipate the challenges to quitting, and their solutions, the better your chance of success.
3. Set a quit date and write a “quit date contract” that includes your signature and that of a supportive witness.
4. Write all your reasons for quitting on an index card and keep it near you at all times. Here are some to get you started: “My daughter, my granddaughter, my husband, my wife…”
You get the idea.
5. As you’re getting ready to quit, stop buying cartons of cigarettes. Instead, only buy a pack at a time, and only carry two or three with you at a time (try putting them in an Altoids tin). Eventually you’ll find that when you want a smoke, you won’t have any immediately available. That will slowly wean you down to fewer cigarettes.
Next: More tips on how to stop smoking

1 / 2 ... 5NEXT

Last edited by Space; 10-28-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Used to many years ago while in the navy and then only when we went out to sea. All the guys smoked while playing cards

Old 10-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Hi `Tadd & thanks for being the first to post...How did you stop smoking ? Was it easy for you ?

I tried it in my teens, but did not like it...I'm to much of a health `nut.
I did enjoy my experimental time when I was in my early teens with illegal smoke, but again I did not like the harm that smoke does to the body...It was a fun `Mind Trip (LOL) & it really gave me the munchies...But, I always had the munchies

If it ever becomes legal, I will have a few brownie's (LOL)

I hope that member's that have stopped smoking ? > Post on how they STOPPED....I just know it's an expensive habit 4-Sure...
The employee that's trying to stop was spending over $400 a month for cig's 4 his wife & himself > WoW > CLose to $5,000 a year

Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM

I've never smoked and don't ever plan on it. My parents do and I told myself I never would just due to me hating the smell of it and that I've almost lost my dad to the stuff and I have lost an uncle and an aunt due to smoking.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Space, It was never hard for me. I just lost interest once I was away from my Navy buds. I was lucky but I was never a heavy smoker. I did like cigars while out at sea

Old 10-28-2013, 02:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I smoked for 16 years until last year on Valentine's day My Daughter asked me 2 . And I quit that day and Never looked back . If your Why is strong enough you can do anything . this year in January I decided to keep going and now I am down 130 lbs and still going strong just 50lbs more to go.
Name:  Untitled_zps5b729699.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  155.3 KB
I now have ran my first 1/2 marathon this year a a Ton of 5k ,10k,and 15k's and Next year I will run my first Full marathon.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:03 PM

If your Why is strong enough you can do anything

Hi `Keith,
Thanks for your post & proving that `if your reason (Why) is strong enough that a person can `do anything...You sure have proved it with everything that you have accomplished.

I hope our member's that want to quite/stop get some encouragement from yours & member's words & their actions.

Thanks for sharing your story with pic's...Keep us updated on your progress.. Good Luck on getting to where you want 2 `be

Old 10-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Lightbulb Stop `if you want or should >Click below links <

Old 10-28-2013, 03:24 PM

I started smoking when I was in college and smoked for about 7 years. I tried to quit like 4 times cold turkey and started back up. I finally was able to quite cold turkey back in 2005 or 2006. I partied for 4 days at Michigan speedway for a Nascar race and on Friday of that weekend I decided I was going to quite smoking after that weekend. It was a good time because come Monday's following a race weekend I would be hungover and hurting for a couple of days. Couldn't touch beer or smoke, so I decided that would be a good time to quite.... and it worked!

Quick Reply: > Do you Smoke ? <