Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you presently ride a motorcycle ?
Yes, I presently ride & will post about it
17.65%
No, I used to ride & still want to
29.41%
No, I've never rode or had a Motorcycle
11.76%
I want one & have rode other friends bikes
35.29%
I want one 4-Sure
17.65%
I'm afraid of them & don't like them
0%
I'm afraid of them, but still really want one (lol)
23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

- - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -

Hi Member's,
Do you ride a Motorcycle ?
Did you use to ride ?
Do you still want to ride ?

Post & let us know what you have ? or What you had ?
What type of bike ? Did you ever Race ?
Let us know, please share & contribute to the MCF
*Pictures are a + plus

Live Fast, Ride Hard

Johnny 5's Guide to Ride

Live Fast, Ride Hard: March 2012
^^ Click above 4 more infor ^ ^
We will look 4ward to your posts/pic's/experience
Thank You

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Thumbs up

This Guy Took A Handlebar To The Face, But Walked Away OK

Motocross crash could have been a lot more severe

Hi Member's, click the below vid (Make full screen)...There's 21 vid's 4 your enjoyment `if you like `bikes..

Look forward to hearing about yours, or what you would like to ride ? ``EnJoy

Posted: Oct 23, 2012| By: AOL Autos StaffMy Wheels

<IFRAME height=344 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S8PV9AgeFHI?list=UU3B2AKcwto0UXDzfiyBWvqA&hl=en_US " frameBorder=0 width=612 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

Videos of accidents might be a dime a dozen, but this one takes an unusual twist. As Andrew Gluvna, of Phoenix, rounds a corner during this F2 race, he can't avoid crashing into a rider who fell in front of him.

The hook here – literally – is that Gluvna's handlebar gets stuck under the helmet of the fallen rider. It's all over, from start to finish, in about one second.

"Are you OK," Gluvna asks.

"I'm good, I'm good," the victim says.

"Whoa! That was insane."

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I had a Ninja ZX6R... bought it with some scratches and damage. Fixed the plastics, new mirrors, pegs, anything that showed damage. Sold it last spring.

I'd love to own another, but insurance was not at all affordable, mostly because I was 19 years old and it was a sportbike

I want to get another one soon. Hopefully I can get another deal on one this winter and fix it up a little and hopefully get a little more use out of the next one

Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM

^ Thanks `Justin for being the 1st to post + your wild/fast Ninja `bike...I envy U, but I'd kill myself 4-Sure `if I rode something that fast...I've never own one, but a few surfer friends have let me ride theirs...I love it 4-Sure...They were only 250's & one was a 800 Honda...I just can't go slow on one (LOL)...

What do you want to get ? Have U ever wrecked ? Got hurt ?
Do U always wear a Helmet ? Bike week just happend in Daytona & there were bikes running around everywhere & I always have the `bug 4-one 4-Sure...
Thanks 4 posting/sharing
Ride'em like you stole them ~>
Peace/Out

Yamaha WR250R Dual Sport

For the dual-sport option, something like the Yamaha would make a lot of sense. It snappy lol, light, durable and reliable. It’s very capable in the dirt and it’s street lega

I'd be happy to start with something like above 250 cc & if would be great to ride in the sand dudes & also in the woods to get to some super fresh water lakes/ponds 4 fish'in If my beachbum friends got bikes, we could be motor crosser's or wreckers (LOL) or be in the hospital saying that we shouldn't have tried that ~>

****Member's post a pic of your bike, or your Dream Bike(s)
Thanks ****

Last edited by Space; 10-23-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Yeah I ride. Got a problem with that ? Been ridin since 82. Keepin the knee's in the breeze 4 life....

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 10-23-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Yeah I ride. Got a problem with that ? Been ridin since 82. Keepin the knee's in the breeze 4 life....

No `Rick, no problem @ `all ~> LOL
p.s. `Breeze is Good, especially after eating @
Taco Bell Thanks for your post (Super Pic) Do you have any pic's of your bike(s)
Please post them if U do `OK

Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

[QUOTE=Space;503670][FONT=Georgia]
What do you want to get ? Have U ever wrecked ? Got hurt ?
Do U always wear a Helmet ? Bike week just happend in Daytona & there were bikes running around everywhere & I always have the `bug 4-one 4-Sure...
Thanks 4 posting/sharing
Ride'em like you stole them ~>
Peace/Out

I'd like to get a 2004+ R1. I rode one a while back and decided that's about the only sportbike I'll ever buy to keep. If I get something smaller, like my Ninja, it would probably just be to fix up and sell. And yes, I've wrecked. I had a car pull out right in front of me when I was going about 20 mph (wasn't speeding for once lol). It was either, swerve into oncoming traffic, hit the car that pulled out in front of me, or swerve to the right. Swerving to the right and locking the brakes caused me to go down.. Worst part is that the person who pulled out in front of me just kept driving...

It took me a while to wear a helmet all the time. After I crashed once, it was enough for me. I currently ride my girlfriend's R6 to class if the weather is nice and I always wear one. I won't ride a motorcycle on the streets around here without one. I don't trust the others who "share" the roadway with me.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM

Nice bike 4-Sure.
`Justin, It' great that your g/f has a bike you can ride 4-Sure...
Thanks for your post & sharing your experience & dream
Have you checked 2 C how much the insurance would cost ?

My beachbum friends were talking the other day about bikes & how cool it would be to go on a road trip of the USA on bikes (WoW)...My g/f thinks we are insane, but it would be cool to do it, or have one loaded on a trailer or van to really explore all the beautiful area's of the USA riding, instead of being locked in a metal cage (auto)

Old 10-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Helmets required here in NY, i was practicing on my moms old bike so i could get my license but eventually i never bothered. I like motorcycles, but if i had a few thousand to buy a bike i'd probably run out and buy a car first

Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Hi `Keane, what type of bike does your mother have ?
Presently, owning a bike is still a dream, but I do love them and adapted to them easy...

I know I would get one `if the price of gas goes over $5 a gallon...I do love riding & riding makes me feel more alive + I love the sounds of a well tuned bike & shifting gears...now that's kick'in fun 4-Real~>Sure...
Thanks 4 your post & I hope U got a good reCharge

Quick Reply: - - Do you Ride a Motorcycle ? - -