Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes : )
29.20%
No : (
39.82%
I want to : )
24.78%
Against all Weapons
6.19%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:56 PM

Now that MO has changed the law so you don't need a ccw to carry in your car....I do sometimes. It depends on where I am going etc. I have carried for 9 years on the job and when I was not carrying had some punk kids try to chase me down in the Monte. For those reasons, I perfer to be safe then sorry. I don't like having people I don't know chase me around an area that I don't know and knowing that if I get blocked in....I am done for.

I have also had a friend have someone attack him, damage his car and rob him and if he had a gun then it wouldn't have happened.

So my answer is sometimes...I don't feel that the places that I go all the time warrent it but if I am going to be in or going thru a bad area at possibly a bad time then yes....the Monte will have some extra firepower.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 PM

I carry my service weapon Sig Sauer P6 9MM with Hornaday Hollow Points !

Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 PM

I carry a knife in my car, I think that I will once I turn 21, I'm not quite sure yet. I just like to know that if I need it, it will be there. I never plan on using it but really you never know!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:41 PM

I do not unless going hunting.Will get my hand gun lisence,as im thinking of becoming a state trooper

Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I plead the 5th...

Via the 2nd.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not that I am pro-gun - I am not - but to me it makes more sense to carry your gun on you then to leave one in your car. Is that the question? Hiding a gun in your car seems like a great way to get it ripped off and into all the wrong hands. A car can't defend itself, even if it is packin' your heat! Be a good cowboy and keep it holstered on you hip!

Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 PM

I think it is amazing how your perspective and ideals change as you age and how many shades of gray that develope. I was born and my early years were spent in Massachusetts in the sixties and seventies. As many of you know, guns are for the most part illegal in Mass and the only ones who have them are cops and crooks. I used to think there was no reason to have a gun and nobody should have them. I then moved to Vermont where almost everybody has a hunting rifle or two or three and knives. I then realized that for hunting perhaps guns are not all that bad. I however had no use for one and although I don't agree with hunting when everything you need to eat is at the local supermarket, I couldn't judge someone else for wanting to hunt. In Vermont also the guns are in the back window of almost every pick up truck and crime is very low.

I now live in Central Florida and work for Mickey Mouse. There are cops everywhere and the crime rate is high. There are lots of guns available except on Disney property. Security here does random sweeps of all areas including cast member parking lots with ATF trained dogs. Having a firearm on property including in your car is grounds for automatic termination and prosecution. Having a gun in my car is not an option for that reason and also because I have three girls under three and an eight year old son that doesn't always think. For those reasons I won't own a firearm.
With the above all said, if things were different I would own a gun. Back in 1986 I was in the army and firing the M-16 was fun. I would like to target shoot. Secondly with the crime rate as it is, I think arming oneself is not a bad idea. I also think that owning a gun according to the second amendment will help to keep our government in check and we must not allow the government to disarm us. I do think that owning a firearm also comes with great responsibility and I think states like Massachusetts are wrong imposing a gun ban. Our society seems to ban things for all because of the actions of a few. There are some things that I think make sense to ban like assault rifles. The only purpose for them is to kill men. If you are not in a combat role in a military there is no need for it. The NRA in my opinion needs to differentiate what rights to protect. Private citizens right to bear arms I agree with, owning assault weapons I do not agree with. The problem with guns and knives isn't with the weapon but with the person who yields it. I went to high school in Vermont and always carried a folding knife on my belt. For me that knife was always a tool and never used it or thought of it as a weapon. If I carried the same knife today onto a school campus as a student I would be expelled from school and as a visitor on campus could be subject to arrest. What has changed?
What has changed are the lack of parenting skills, broken families, and the loss of morality and the value for human life. Add to this combination video games that allow us to rape, kill, plunder, and pillage with no consequences and it is easy to loose the line between reality and fiction. I have an idea I know the problem, I don't know the solution but do know banning guns and knives isn't it.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:09 PM

How in the heck have I missed this topic?

I have my S&W 386 Night Guard in my car and on my person thanks to my Florida CWP (one of the most widely recognized in the country)

My favorite is my 15-22 AR style plinker. When tax refund time rolls around, Im adding a Springfield XDm 45 or Glock 21 to the family.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:17 AM

Mousehouse,

To be completely honest the only thing that separates the semi-auto "Assault Rifles" from semi-auto hunting rifles is the way they look. The way they function internally is identical. I use my AR to plink coyotes all the time. The accuracy inside of 300 meters even with iron sights makes it ideal for that purpose, not to mention the familiarity I have with the weapon platform. You have to have a class 3 license (which costs a considerable amount of money and requires you to have a squeeky clean record) to own a fully automatic weapon. That's a whole different ballgame. But to ban a type of rifle because it LOOKS scary, even though it functions EXACTLY the same as a semi-auto hunting rifle, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be completely honest. Also, my familiarity with the AR platform due to my training on the M16 makes it an ideal self defense weapon as well. I'm honestly better in close quarters with an AR-style rifle than I am with a pistol. I do carry a pistol regularly because it's practical means to defend myself when I'm out and about, but I prefer my AR for home defense situations to be completely honest.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Mousehouse,

To be completely honest the only thing that separates the semi-auto "Assault Rifles" from semi-auto hunting rifles is the way they look. The way they function internally is identical. I use my AR to plink coyotes all the time. The accuracy inside of 300 meters even with iron sights makes it ideal for that purpose, not to mention the familiarity I have with the weapon platform. You have to have a class 3 license (which costs a considerable amount of money and requires you to have a squeeky clean record) to own a fully automatic weapon. That's a whole different ballgame. But to ban a type of rifle because it LOOKS scary, even though it functions EXACTLY the same as a semi-auto hunting rifle, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be completely honest. Also, my familiarity with the AR platform due to my training on the M16 makes it an ideal self defense weapon as well. I'm honestly better in close quarters with an AR-style rifle than I am with a pistol. I do carry a pistol regularly because it's practical means to defend myself when I'm out and about, but I prefer my AR for home defense situations to be completely honest.
I am referring to any weapon that fires a large amount of rounds in seconds. Those are not hunting rifles, they are military weapons and have no purpose in the hands of civilians. I have no issues with guns for self defense. I have no problem with guns for hunting. Guns that fire let's say ten rounds a second are not for self defense or hunting and unfortunately are used in the commission of crime on law abiding citizens. I am not knowledgeable enough to say gun A is and gun B isn't. I'm not really into guns, but what I posted are my opinions and beliefs. As has been stated in many posts guns don't kill, people kill. I completely agree with that. In the commission of crime assault type weapons kill a large group in no time and don't belong on the streets.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a Gun in your Monte Carlo ?