Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Do Companies Care... Do you Care...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Do Companies Care... Do you Care...

they just started to cut positions at my job, the ppl rnt fired but they got from $10 and 40 hours a week down to $8 and 15 hours a week, time to get a second job...and they dont care they just want money and thats all that matters

Old 02-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

It's all about the $$$$. They are in business to make money, that's it. I do think some take a little better care of their employees but I feel that's only so they will stay to make THEM more $$$. It seems that the only employees that actually get somewhere are the ones that kiss butt. That's how it is where hubby works and he won't kiss so he goes nowhere, but he does have decent benefits.
As far as me, I am my own employee, so whatever happens is all on my shoulders. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not so good, but it beats the heck out of taking crap off of someone else. If I have a really bad customer, I can fire them - only hadone of those in 15 years so I guess that's good.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Well here is one for ya... One of the largest companies in the world, Microsoft made ALL of their original employees Multi-Millionaires, from the Janitor on up.

Google... Another heavy-weight, treats their employee's like Gold!

Quicken Loans/Rock Financial, pushes their employees hard, but they also provide them everything they need, including catering in their breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as providing them a chance to make an unlimited income. Their Operating System creates almost a Cult like environment, as their employees walk around eating, breathing, and chanting company slogans and philosophies. But I have yet to meet one that did not like their job.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:58 AM

And that near-cult type atmosphere is because the Employees love it! They feel like they'rea part of the company, not a servant of it. How often have you looked at your boss and saw him as a lead partner in a goal, not, well, a boss?

But, the pocket books start beconing, and ppl that love the Power of the position, NOT THE RESPECT OF THEIR TEAMgo in and ruin the company.

I'm sorry if my harsh attitude has caused anyone any grief. I'm not saying your company is incapable of caring, or that ALL companies are incapable of it... I'm just saying that it's been awhile since I've experienced it first hand, second hand, or third hand.

Sure some of the bigguns out there have great jobs that ppl love to have... show me the market where is is THE RULE... and not the EXCEPTION

Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Too bad it's not like that everywhere. Justthink howlives could be changed if all companies were like that.
(When you start your own dealership (hint), will you be like Microsoft? )

Old 02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Too bad it's not like that everywhere. Justthink howlives could be changed if all companies were like that.
(When you start your own dealership (hint), will you be like Microsoft? )
lol... No dealership for me... First, I am the wrong color (white) or wrong sex (male)to get financial assistance (Motors Holdings or SBA), and I don't have the spare 5-million. lol...
Yesterday... I had All State Insurance offer me a opportunity to buy one of their offices in Ypsilanti (ip-sil-lan-tee) for $50,000 in cash, and I had to turn it down.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You didn't feel like breaking a 100k bill to buy it or you didn't have that kind of pocket change on you?
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Too bad we all didn't get in on the ground floor of Microsoft.