Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Do Companies Care... Do you Care...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Do Companies Care... Do you Care...

I broke this poll into three categories. First is company loyality, second, is your loyality to the company, and the third, loyality to your coworkers.

So...
#1:
Do you think companies are loyal to their employees. Do companies try and do all they can for their employees, they simply might not be able too, or do they care more about profits?

#2:
Are you loyal to your company? Do you do all you can for the company and are willing to help them succeed, even if that means taking a pay cut or a cut in medical, or screw them, I need to support myself and my family. Sorry, there is no such thing as loyality anymore.

#3:
Are you loyal to your fellow coworkers? So if a company put it to a vote and asked: Would you take a pay cut to save a fellow employee's job, or would you wish them the best and secretly vote to cut their job.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Default RE: Do Companies Care... Do you Care...

[align=center]Hi `Craig,[/align][align=center]Very interesting poll...I shall look forward to viewing the[/align][align=center]results. I hope that your job search is going well.[/align][align=center]The best to you...`Space[/align][align=center][/align][*][align=center]Google: No. 1 Best Company to WorkFor [/align][*][align=center]100 Best Companies to Work For: BestBenefits [/align][*][align=center]100 Best Companies to Work For: 25 Toppaying [/align][*][align=center]100 Best Companies to WorkFor [/align]

Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think the days of companies caring about their employees are long gone. I wish this wasn't the case, but unfortunately it's true IMO.

I used to voluntarily do all kinds of things for my employer, on my own time, at my expense. Until I got completely dumped on and treated like a sucker. Now I pick and choose the favors I do foran employer, if any. I will not spend my own money on a favor foran employer any more. Once again it's sad that it's come to this, but I've come to learn that a large company becomes a large company by squeezing and using the little people.

As for my fellow co-workers, they're in the same boat I am. I like my co-workers and would do ALMOST anything for them.

As a side note Craig...

I got this little statue on my desk at home. Thought you might get a laugh out of it. By the way, the blue thing is a screw.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/027ED76397B746A8840616ABA31D8D6C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 AM

[align=center]LOL Mod `Taz,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Most companies put the screw someplace else[/align][align=center]on your body...Notin thearms, but in[/align][align=center]the rear. ouch [:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To me, it's very sad...It's all about Money..., not people : ([/align]

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I feel to day it's all about money. A company will screw you in a milli-second and many have proven just this.

I like my fellow co-workers for the most part. I just find it hard to believe any one of them would not stab me in the back if given half the chance.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

What I'm finding amazing is the desire to be loyal. Most people want to be loyal to their company and to their fellow employees. But sadly, they feel they don't have a real choice, and with more and more companies downsizing and laying off thousand of employees, everyone feels it's me or you, better you, than me.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 PM

LOL being loyal to a fellow employee is a joke...I am not there to make friends...I am there to do a job...also those fellow employees are usually backstabers...well in my case they are...can't mix work with friendship...sorry just doesn't work

Old 02-05-2008, 12:56 AM

Craig, I used to have a really great attitude toward work. Back when I started (nearly 5 years ago already) I LOVED! my job, and would have done nearly anything for my coworkers/the owner. But you're absolutely right, even though the company is still privately held, it's gone totally corporate. They no longer care about the health, or happiness of the employee. It's all about the bottom dollar. We haven't gotten a decent raise in over 2 years, and gas has gone up like 75% minimum!

The more I work there, the more I realize it's no longer about the employees, it's the allmighty dollar.

3 years ago I would have done anything to help the company, now I wouldn't step half a foot out of my own way too prevent a tragedy. SCREW 'em!

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I feel like noone cares about anything other than money. Even privately owned companies are changing, and perhaps these changes are market-driven, but if you cannot stay in profitable operation without making the employee miserable then just close. You'll do all of them a favor.

Opinions don't make changes... Stock holders do. (speaking publicly traded companies of course) Stock holders own because they want to make money, buy low, sell high, buy low, sell high.

I mean, as much as it depresses me, is there any way around it? I say keep the money in the states. OUTLAW overseas workforce. They wanna import goods, great, charge tax and give it back to the middle class, who are the ones paying the taxes in the end anyways.

DON"T YOU F-ING DARE use it to fund more tax cuts for corporations or the greviously rich.

CEO's 10, maybe 15 years ago used to make about 10 times the lowest rung employee. Now, it's more like 1000 times that. Why? Stock holders and the allmighty dollar....

It used to be common to see profit sharing, now, it's an extremely rare benefit that's usually a joke, and what companies have good profit sharing probably get 10 resume's that are going to be better than yours every stinking minute.

There's no loyalty anymore, from bottom up or top down. Only thing that keeps ppl in their jobs is fear of change, and the allmighty dollar. People have debt, not savings, because the market, the politicians, and the media is screaming SPEND SPEND SPEND

Give me a company that'll pay 50 cents more an hour for the same bullcrud and I'd be gone faster than you can say two week notice.

You want my loyalty? show me something that makes you worthy of my loyalty, or get out of my way.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:26 AM

I have to agree with Mike, 100%. It's all about the money now, and screw the workers. Trickle down (trickle (pi**) on) economics have never worked. As for fellow workers, I really like some of my coworkers, but each man for himself.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:35 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I read somewhere in 1960-something the average CEO made 27 times his average employee. now its like 469 times. stilll, quite the increase

Quick Reply: Do Companies Care... Do you Care...