Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dial up be gone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Dial up be gone!

We got Comcast cable internet hooked up tonight, including a wireless router, so we can actually both use the internet at the same time, as we are now. KEWL!
We had a need for the high speed connection, as our Pastor is at Mayo Clinic, and had his bone marrow transplant 2 weeks ago, for luekemia. We have been using skype to communicate with them, but no video until tonight.
Maybe now I can check out some of the video clips in the sight and sounds board!
THIS IS GREAT! But I want back on the desktop! Not much for this laptop.
48k dial up, BE GONE!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:42 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Dial up be gone!

sounds great!! dial up was okay about 6-7 years ago, now all of the sites have so much flash on them that dial up is near worthless

i didn't realize how bad it was until we had Roadrunner

Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space has been posting on this site for over 3 years now on 56k dial up. No joke. Keeping that in mind, think about all the posts he's made.

Congrats on the hi-speed internet Wayne! I hope your Pastor gets better very soon.

With the new faster internet, you can look at all those "art" pictures much quicker.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: knightfan26917

ORIGINAL: Taz

Space has been posting on this site for over 3 years now on 56k dial up. No joke. Keeping that in mind, think about all the posts he's made.
NO kidding! My goodness...and, for that matter, how he was able to post HUGE posts...when some of us couldn't even post one word . he he

Wayne...CONGRATS. You will LOVE it .

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Wayne, Mod Taz, Cort & Members,[/align][align=center]I was taught that `if first you do not succeed, try, try again : )[/align][align=center]It sure takes a lot of patience 4-Sure, and I have made it[/align][align=center]a challenge to be able to post on the MCF.[/align][align=center]Sometimes it takes many minutes for me to have a post load,[/align][align=center]or more time to open a thread with large photos.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I always multi task when I am online, and always[/align][align=center]have something else to do: study/clean/cook/work out/etc,as my posts are [/align][align=center]being uploading to the MCF site.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When I get settled, I plan on a new laptop `puter &[/align][align=center]high speed connection. I may have the keys to a Lexus SC,[/align][align=center]but I am still a poor kid that has lots of expenses + helping[/align][align=center]others in my life that need help.[/align][align=center]I am just happy to be able to be connected to the WorldWideWeb[/align][align=center]4 -Sure. I am in constant amazement with all the knowledge/entertainment/etc that can be accessed on the Web.[/align][align=center]I don`t understand others that claimed that they are bored.[/align][align=center]I never get bored. Lonely sometimes with my g/f out of town, but never bored. I consider myself fortunate to have what little[/align][align=center]I have, and to be `free to keep working on my dreams.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck `Wayne with you new/fast connection to the World.[/align][align=center]I also hope that your Pastor is blessed with better health.[/align][align=center]Something that many take 4-granted.[/align]