General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

RJ's New SS Monte Carlo Pace Car Replica (dial-up beware)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:13 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RJ's New SS Monte Carlo Pace Car Replica (dial-up beware)

OH............ I mean RJ's g/f Deb's new SS Monte Carlo Pace Car replica. (I need to get that part straight. I keep forgetting)
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Guys, this car handles fantastic!!!
We took it on a 200 mile trip on saturday and it ran great.
On the way home about 8pm I was getting on I-75. The entrance ramp was curvey and the SS took it like it was straight, flat road. The vehicle infront of us had to slam on their brakes tostay on the ramp.

I got in a little trouble cause I got the car dirty (no thanks to being parked in a dusty fairgrounds) but I found a car wash afte we left and washed the car. We can't have it all dirty out on the interstate now can we?

Then we headed to a criuse-in 50 miles away. Like we do every Memorial Day weekend.

Maybe we should have entered the SS in the cruise-in?

Old 05-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Default RE: RJ's New SS Monte Carlo Pace Car Replica (dial-up beware)

lucky chick she is

Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 AM

i still want the house barn combo you have there.

Some day lol

actually looking now in the lower part of Mo. for a home with some land and out buildings so i cna have a shop of my own.

hopeing to find something with a gradge on the house and a decent shop so i can let ehr and the kids have the one on the house and i cna have the other one.
then i know the monte is not getting tore up from kids toys etc...

Old 05-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

VERY NICE

Old 05-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice.

I just saw a red pace car replica in a mall parking lot today. They had the Taz decal on the trunk lid, and the "Team Monte Carlo" decal on the back of the spoiler.

I think I'm going to ask the dealer parts counter about the taz decal like the one on your trunk lid.

I don't like theaftermarket one you see in auto parts stores. Looks too much like acheap imitationdrawing of Taz. I like the authentic Warner Brothers one on the pace car replicas.

I'm actually kinda curious which year they made the red pace car replicas. 6th gen pace car replica. Did they only come in one color each year?

Old 05-26-2008, 04:12 PM

you can get them on Ebay also.
i have seen the TAZ stickers for the montes several times there.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Mickey.

I'll have to take a look around when I get a chance. I really want the authentic looking one where Tazhas got his arms crossed.

I don't like the imitation one with Taz holding his left arm up in the air.

I'll check ebay, and also see what the parts dept. at the dealership wants. With the cost of shipping on ebay, it may be cheaper to just get it from the dealer. But I'll find out.

I'm also deciding if I should get the "Team Monte Carlo" decal for the spoiler. It looked damn cool on that red pace car replica this afternoon. If I do get it, I think I'd have to remove a few of the existing badges on the trunklid. Too many badges and decals. It would look like a jumble of badges and decals.

What I was thinking was putting the "Team Monte Carlo" decal on the spoiler. Remove the "Monte Carlo SS" badges off the left side of the trunk and put the Taz decal in the bottom left corner. This would be spaced evenly with the "Dale Jr" signature decal in the bottom right corner. The red bowtie may or may not stay.

One thing that's really bothering me is the color of the Taz decal. The official Taz decal is grey. The "Dale Jr" signature on my trunk is black. Never mind the "Team Monte Carlo" thing for now. I not 100% on whether I want it or not. I'm wondering if the grey Taz decal would look stupid with the black Dale Jr signature?

Opinions?

Oh yeah, sorry for hijacking your thread RJ.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM

yeah i hear ya. I seriously thought of doing a play on him when i still had the side scripts on mine. i was going to have my vinal guy in Germany make me a set of Mickey Mouse stickers in that same position so that i could make them look like the taz but be mickey instead.

I have thought of putting those emblems on a few times since then just for that reason LOL
I also at one time thought of doing the checkerd flag pattern from the pace car on mine to

Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM

nice car RJ, I'm glad you like it, or should I say i'm glad Deb likes it?

Old 05-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i need some checkered flags on my car.. lol

Quick Reply: RJ's New SS Monte Carlo Pace Car Replica (dial-up beware)