Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Deuce got hit and run in parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:39 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that sux & i hate wen ppl say that cars are expensive & an investment

Old 08-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
You know it amazes me the realtionship one can devlop with a car (Including myself) It is like a child or a close pet. When i first saw the sandy mud on her I knew something was wrong and my gut just sank
Well here's the thing. We spend more time with our cars than we do most of our relatives. As strange as it may sound. Sometimes we care more about our car than we do some distant relative we see only once a year or more. We see and need our car everyday.

I'm not saying you don't love your relatives. Hopefully you get my point.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Well here's the thing. We spend more time with our cars than we do most of our relatives. As strange as it may sound. Sometimes we care more about our car than we do some distant relative we see only once a year or more. We see and need our car everyday.

I'm not saying you don't love your relatives. Hopefully you get my point.
You're exactly right. I'm in my car daily, and to me, my car is important. I mean, like everyone else I need it to get from point A to B, but also it's something to be proud of, having a nice car, and I don't mean dropping 60k on a Cadillac, that proves nothing, in my opinion someone that spent the time to restore a 70 Chevelle (or something like that) versus dropping 60k on a Cadillac is a lot more impressive.

I hear "it's just a car" all the time and people think I'm crazy for spending almost 2 grand just to get some paint and body work (and I'm not done yet), but those are the same people that don't even wash their car and then complain all the time that their car has mechanical problems and it's just a money pit...I always say there's more to owning a car than just driving it, you have to take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 PM

That's bad when it's family and they can't even fess up to it... Sorry about your car, but as crappy as this might sound, it could of been worse! Hope you get it back to the way it was soon buddy!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:59 PM

dang man, that sucks. hopefully the paint can be blended right. hope everything works out

Old 08-22-2011, 12:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd It defiantly could have been worse. Many years ago when my 1 year old s10 was wrecked I had my bodyman meet with the adjuster to make sure they were gonna get everything fixed correctly. You may want to do the same due to the custom work and parts.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 AM

Sorry 4-Sure

Old 08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Oh man, I would be so friggin' pissed I'd be ready to do more than just spit. I have the same type of relationship with my car and can relate to it being far from 'just a car'. I hope you get it repaired to your standards.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
rj
15 Year Member

"It's Just A Car" is the wsay your uncle Benny felt about his 1936 Chevy Coupe. That's why it got sold off and eventually crushed cause no one cared for it. And today his Coupe would be worth $50,000 or more if the family still owned/maintained it.

These type of car owners NEVER heard "Nice car" from the Furd truck owner at the next gas pump. Or "I love your car" from the teenage girls walking down the street. Or got two thumbs up from the young boys as you drove past.

My family knows better then to say something like that to me.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Tadd: SORRY to hear this. I can't say I know how you feel. Cause it hasn't happended to me YET !. But I understand the Anger Completely. I would have looked at every car or truck there to see if theres any signs of paint on theirs. Good Luck with it Tadd. Sent you a PM

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 08-22-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Deuce got hit and run in parking lot