Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Detroit Auto Show Winners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Detroit Auto Show Winners

We made it to the show yesterday. LONG day! Left home at 1:30pm, and got home at 1:30am[&:]. Roads sucked on the west half of the state, that didn't help.
Pretty disappointed in what is out there, as everything all looks the same. If you took off the badges on the cars, they would look all alike, I swear! Trucks! FORGET IT! They ALL look alike now. NO STYLE AT ALL!
But some cool cars there, concepts and the fun stuff. So here is the best of the best, IMO, from 184 pics, here are pics cropped and 30% of original size. If anyone would be interested in a full size pic for whatever reason, pm me.
Here goes:
Best off road vehicle: Hummer HX

Best energy efficient: Ferrari whatever Bio-fuel Roadster

Best AWD: Lamborgini Gallardo Spyder

Best Chrysler: Viper ACR

Best Ford: Shelby Mustang

Best GM: ZR1 Corvette

Best German: Mercedes Mclaren XLR Roadster

Best English and best modifyable: Mini Cooper

Best Japanese: Lexus LFA Roadster

Best GM Prototype: Tie between theBuick Riviera

and the Bumblebee Camaro

Best Concept: Mazda Taiki

Best of Show: My wife LadyT. She was whooped, and before we left, she volunteered to donate blood for the Red Cross. At 9:00 at night, she was only the 19th person to do so! I'm PROUD AS HECK of her. She is posing here with the 2.0L Ecotec LNF motor in her Solstice GXP.

Conclusion: Since VERY few cars are recognizable without badges, and many NICE or FAST cars are out of reach of most of us, I am very happy with the purchase of LadyT's Christmas present, her '07 Solstice GXP. With VERY little modifications, it will be a Vette eater running 0-60 in 4.3, running 0-60 in 5.3 now, and in stock form, it out-brakes only a couple of cars in the world, 80-0 in 206 ft, AND it looks like nothing out there!

She gets TONS of looks and compliments! For $29,000 on the road and 0% financing for an every option car, I am VERY happy with what we have here

Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Detroit Auto Show Winners

[align=center]Hi Wayne,[/align][align=center]Thanks for your report and pictures. I know how long[/align][align=center]it takes to make a post with all those pictures.[/align][align=center]Thanks a lot for sharing with the members.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I appreciate. I'm also am proud of your wife for donating[/align][align=center]blood to the Red Cross. My grandfather got me[/align][align=center]into donating blood when I turned 18, and I got[/align][align=center]the Beach River Bum's to do the same. I think it[/align][align=center]a great gift to help others, and it doesn't cost anything.[/align][align=center](I hate needle's [X(]), but I'm overcoming that.[/align][align=center]It's sad that there were only 19 that did : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I look forward to reading your future posts on what[/align][align=center]you do to your Solstice ?0-60 MPH in 4.3 sec, WoW.It's a kewl pic of your[/align][align=center]wife next to the Ecotec engine. GM can compete against Ricer's : )[/align][align=center]Thanks for all your posts to the MCF.[/align][align=center]The pictures were excellent...We EnJoyed.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/[/align][align=center]`Space, and the BeachRiverBum's[/align]

Old 01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Detroit Auto Show Winners

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

A big thumbs-up to your wife to donating blood.

Any chance you got the phone number of the woman in the Hummer pic? The one in the brown jacket?