Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Credit question

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Default Credit question

Hey guys. When I bought my Accord, I didn't know that the finance company I was with didn't report to the credit bureau. Only when I bought the Monte and the dealer gave me a copy of my credit report did I find out. So I called them to confirm and sure enough, they didn't report at the time I paid off my car, August of 04, but they report now. The lady went on to say that if I wrote them a letter requesting that they report my acct as paid in full that they would do so. Well, it's been at least a few months since I made my formal request and I have yet to hear from them. Doesn't a creditor have so many days to reply to written requests? I know that if I had an outstanding bill with them and they didn't respond, they'd have to wipe my slate clean, but what recourse do I have now? Are they required now to report my acct as paid in full by default since they have not responded?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Default RE: Credit question

I had this problem with Nissan a while back. It's hell trying to get them to clear it but I not only complained to Nissan but also challenged the information with the credit reporting companies. Persistence pays in this matter. I cannot stress enough... document.... document.... document..........................

Old 09-07-2005, 03:27 PM

Did you send a letter with a dispute form?. I believe you have to include that....

Tj

Old 09-07-2005, 11:11 PM

I called them today. Told the chick who answered what was going on and she said that they report it manually so the only way to verify is to check my credit report. I told her I didn't even know if they rcvd my letter, first of all, and secondly, there's got to be a way to ascertain whether or not my request was granted w/o having to run a credit report. She abruptly put me on hold but guess what, I was right. She told me they did infact get my letter and they reviewed my account but denied my claim as they are only able to report perfectly paid accounts, I had a late payment. Oh well, it was worth a shot.