Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Credit Card Question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Credit Card Question.

I just close my BofA Visa card and told them to take a flying leap.

Any suggestions on acard with a low promo rate right now.

My sister told me to try Chase Bank, that they a pretty decent

Old 11-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Default RE: Credit Card Question.

[align=center]GP `Dave, & Member's that may need a [/align][align=center]new Credit Card. : ) I do...I `do : )[/align][align=center](Anyone co-sign 4 `Space : ) ? [/align][align=center]I hope the below gives you some leads/infor,[/align][align=center]and a card that fits your needs.[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]MCF Credit Card HomeWork Below [/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.cardratings.com/[/align]

Comparison Shop for a Credit Card* - Featured Cards About
*Select cards offer expedited online application processing to qualified applicants.

[align=center]0%/Low Intro. | Cash Back | Get/Build Credit | Low Rate | Airline | Business | Student | Free Credit Score[/align]
Important Consumer Notes! Consumer advocacy groups strongly suggest that you know what your 3 credit scores are when shopping for credit cards or any other type of loan. A high credit score is often the key to obtaining the most attractive credit cards (a credit score over 700 will increase your likelihood of getting approved for the best credit card rates, benefits, etc. Fortunately, you can instantly obtain your 3 credit scores for free through our website. Please note that if you purchase your 3 credit scores directly from each of the three major credit reporting companies, you will spend up to $44.40.

Please take a moment to sign up for our e-mail newsletter by clicking the "Sign Up" button! Our premium newsletter includes insider credit card tips and expert analysis. Such tips could save you 1000s of dollars in credit card interest charges!
[/align]

[hr]

Featured Cash Back/Bonus Credit Cards About [align=left]

[align=center]?[/align]Editor's Pick[align=center][URL=http://www.cardratings.com/discover/information/click.php?id=3][IMG]http://www.cardratings.com/discov

Old 11-17-2007, 01:43 PM

your definately throurough(sp?) space

Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 PM

I like Chase, I also use USAA, along with Discover. Do you have a reason you didn't like Bank of America? I've had one through them for almost 2 years, and love it...

Old 11-17-2007, 03:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have an amex blue and I have a fixed apr of 7.9% plus it's a rewards card. I don't know if the apr has to do with your credit score but most rewards cards like Discover have high aprs. I have a BofA Visa and I love it, I also have a great fixed apr of 7.9% So I only use those 2 cards if I need to carry over a balance - which isn't often because I hate credit card debit.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member

So far...................... Chase has treated me pretty decent. No complaints. (yet)

Discover. Well they used treat me okay. Decent apr. Then they did a credit check through one of the reporting companies. They sent me a letter explaining to me since I had this negative mark on my credit they were going to double my apr. I called Discover to ask why? They said since I was now in so much debt (say WHAT?) they were going to double my apr. I explained to this woman. "Debt? What debt? All I have is my car and one credit card I owe anything on?" She made a remark to me and I asked her, "WHO doesn't have a car payment? It's the first one I've had in TWENTY YEARS! You know very well there's no one in this country that doesn't have a car payment."
They raised my apr.

A call to the credit reposting agency that Discover used to check my credit.
woman from india. "Sir, we do not see any negative information on your credit."
ME. "Well Discovery said they were doubling my apr thanks to information you reported to them. I want to know what information you gave them?"
woman from india, "Sir, we do not see any negative information on your credit. Why did Discover tell you they were raising your apr?"
ME. "I told you. Discover said you had reported there was negative information on my credit now. What did you tell them?"
woman from india, "Sir, we do not see any negative information on yuor credit. Perhaps you should speak with Discover Card."
Frommy end of the phone. "CLICK!"

Old 11-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I'm a finance manager... so I see it all, and everyones credit... the only credit card worth having is an American Express!!! Take the rest of your cards and cut them up.

One Debit Card, one American Express... that is all anyone needs.

All the rest lead to trouble in one form or another.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:25 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Information I've gathered about credit cards and having one up to this point in time.

You don't have one, banks and what have you look at you like, "What's wrong with you? You don't have a credit card." no credit extended.
You have one and use it, banks and what have you look at you like, "What's wrong with you? You used the credit card you have." no credit extended.
You have one and don't use it, banks and what have you look at you like, "What's wrong with you?" You don't use your credit card." no credit extended.

Moral of story.
It don't matter which way you turned, it was the wrong choice.

Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

thats how my parents got screwed over when trying to buy a house RJ. they went to the bank and they said "well you have no credit"

so they bought a new car on credit
they got 2 credit cards, they didn't charge them to the max, but tehy did use tehm.

then wehn they went back they said "you got too much credit"

Old 11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Actually... High credit is analyzed first -- Houses and Cars. How well do you pay your house and car payments. Do well, you credit is Gold.

Credit cards, Student Loans, etc., are looked at only if you don't have any high credit, or to see how extended are you.Payout divide by Income = percentage of income used. Cross the 40% mark and you areGOOD. Cross the 70% mark and your credit score will go down even if you pay every bill perfectly on time.

Pay ALL your bills Perfectly on time, and your credit score can go up 3-points. One LATE (even one day late can be reported as a 30-day late) will reduce your score as much as 30-points.

Quick Reply: Credit Card Question.