Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Color Of Cars Say Many Things About The Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Color Of Cars Say Many Things About The Owner

Different Color Of Cars Say Many Things About The Owner

The automobile industry is among the most successful industries in the world. Gratefully to assembly line manufacturing, automobiles are now economical enough even for the middle class. Because of this, what was once a symbol of social standing has now, become an essential need. Yet, there are still a countless number of people who take cars and handling them as a passion. This why there is still a great demand for expensive cars and costly cars. One can find different kinds of cars for sale in car dealer marketing advertisements as well as automotive websites.
People favor different types of car. When it comes to performance, few go for speed and some go for mileage. Similarly, when it soncerns to looks, some prefer size and few go for style. Yet, color is a thing which can completely alter the way a cas looks like. Other than being important for the car’s look, the color of a vehicle also says a lot about the owner.
Even though the color is easily changeable, many people grow accustomed to it. A survey conducted in the US stated that 90% of the people who changed their vehicles’ colors say that they would prefer to repaint their mobiles back to the original color. This is for the reason that these colors become a portion of your personality, and it is hard to find just another preferable color. It is commonly noticed that there are a few colors more commonly seen in vehicles as compared to other vehicles. Let’s see what these common colors have to show about the drivers that move them around the town.
Red: This is a shade that is equally liked among people of all ages or gender. A red vehicle looks speedy,active and fun vehicle to drive. Likewise is the idea it creates about the driver. Orange-red, ideally the most powerful color, is extremely popular in racing cars. However, when it comes to road cars, the shade most visible is a kidney red. The latter color depicts that a person who used to be active, passionate and dynamic once has now gone old and busy.
Blue: The light shade of blue is a shade that shows the calmness of your nature. even though your car is blue, it still shows that you are a content person who doesn’t easily get frustrated by all the traffic problems around the lane. The darker tint of this color shows that you are a confident, dependable and a credible person.
Black: This shade shows that you like to stay in authority and control simultaneously and depicts your appreciation for elegance and class. A black car is a mysterious car that can simply hide into the night.
Gray: Gray cars give an extremely corporate and sober look but for young people, it might look a bit boring. Yet, a bit of shimmer and silver can make it a real awesome car.
Silver: Just as gray, depicts elegance. The only trouble is that it is a bit more common than gray. A silver car might say that you love elegance and style, or you just buy what everyone else does.

Member's, what does your Monte Carlo say about you ? ? ? ?

Last edited by Space; 08-14-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:53 PM

What Your Car Says About You

By Thomas Bey Automotive Correspondent Every Sunday & MCF Member
He has written some super articles...

You think clothes make the man? Think again. Actions speak louder than words, and what you drive says more about you than apparel ever could. What’s more, certain types of rides frequently appeal to certain demographics -- to the extent that you could classify the drivers and their rides of choice after giving either the once over.

Don’t believe us? Take a look around you while you sit in traffic: The red-eyed, neo-hippie in the VW, rustic Volvo wagon or old biodiesel Benz; Bohemian Rhapsody. A slouched playa in the old-man sedan on chromed 20" rims; Smoove Move. The smelly, messy, smoking, barely functioning wreck -- with the matching guy delivering pizzas behind the wheel; Nothing to Lose, the Early Years.

If Ben & Jerry's would have named drivers and their rides instead of ice cream, it would go a lot like this.

Call it stereotyping, if you want to be like the self-righteous
Prius driver who saves additional energy by not signaling in traffic, sure. We have a name for them too, but our lawyers are giving us the stink-eye. Many of our lawyers are Porcupines, incidentally.

Big Guys in Little Cars

It’s more or less like the “fat guy in a little coat” routine from Tommy Boy. In other words, Chris Farley-sized drivers in cars better suited to David Spade proportions. These guys will forever absorb all the Shriners taunts slung at them and take great pleasure in driving their diminutive cars. Just the act of these larger-than-life men getting in or out makes onlookers pause, while an imaginary drum roll plays during the feat, and they all wait with baited breath. Yet once they’re underway, somewhere inside their inner children are having the times of their lives.

The rides:
MINI Cooper, Lotus Elise, Mazda Miata, Honda Fit, smart fortwo, and vintage British roadsters.
The Porcupine

What’s the difference between actual porcupines and these guys’ rides? A porcupine’s ****** are on the outside. Thank you very much, we’ll be here all week -- tip your waitress. That’s a bad joke, but it gets laughs every time. You know who doesn’t laugh? The Porcupines. They think they’ve earned the right to hurry up, tailgate and cut off traffic just so they can slow down and assert their presence on all the lesser motorists, take that oh-so-important call and generally ignore their driving while they dream of the next round of golf or the next opportunity they'll have to buy something beige.

The rides: Porsche Cayenne, Hummer H2 or any other luxury SUV; also the smug nimrod who drives a BMW, Mercedes or
Porsche convertible with the top down and windows up while wearing a hat.
Testosterossa

This is a well-represented category, and the stench of insecurity is nearly as thick as the cologne marinade. It’s populated by guys who think velocity equals virility. Never mind that they haven’t the slightest idea how to really handle their rides beyond flooring it and going straight. So, with shirts open and gold chains resting on a nest of chest hair, they flaunt what they think they've got and cruise for chicks. And they do get noticed. Women everywhere point and smile at them. If the guys weren’t cranking Boston’s Greatest Hits so loudly, they’d realize the ladies were actually laughing.

The rides: Camaro/Firebird, Corvette, Viper, and European exotics that have never had track time.

From the guy with the strobe-light headlights to geriatric cruisers, here's more of what your car says about you...
Next Page >>

Page(s): 1 | 2

Old 08-14-2010, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Black: This shade shows that you like to stay in authority and control simultaneously and depicts your appreciation for elegance and class. A black car is a mysterious car that can simply hide into the night.
Bahahah! Soooo me my baby has silver & red accents to her but I consider her black

Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011

What I want my cars to say...let's see, I don't want them to stand out like BAM! That's why I don't have loud colors like Yellow, Bright Red, or Orange....what I want is for people to walk by saying ok...then just as there about to take there last glance they notice something...sorta a double take weather it's the painted engine covers or turbo, or rims or whatever, something to draw thm back and say Ya know what this is a really nice car...

I have had this happen a number of times especially with my Monte, people I know who have seen the car many times, come back to me and say ya know I never noticed how great your monte looks!

Joe

Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM

so what if ive owned, white, pewter tan/black. then black.. and possible pewter tan again?!?..lol

Old 08-16-2010, 08:18 AM

I wonder what white says????

Old 08-16-2010, 08:27 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Sooo I guess Silver is boring - oh well - I didn't pick the color of the car, the car picked me. I don't have to worry about my car being 20 degrees hotter inside than a black car in the summer sun.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM

Bah definitely not true. I only have silver because that's what I found on the lot. Eventually I want two tone black/red

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's a different version of that list.

Car color:
What’s it say about you?
By: Lucille Treganowen

Ancient Egyptians believed in chromatherapy, the ability to heal with colors: Red stimulates mental energy, yellow stimulates the nerves, blue heals organic disorders such as colds and hay fever, etc.

Modern car manufacturers believe in a version of the same thing: the ability to sell with colors. Psychiatrists analyzed car-color choices for a survey reported on K-LOVE radio, and here’s what your car color says about you:

Black: First choice of ambitious drivers who want to project an image of success.

Red: You’re outgoing and impulsive with a youthful attitude, but easily bored.

Silver: You have great style and are often successful, but you tend to be pompous.

White: The first choice of doctors and drivers who are reliable and methodical.

Gray: Expresses understated good taste and indicates a safe, cautious driver.

Blue: A team player who’s sociable and friendly, yet lacks imagination.

So, if that’s how the colors break down, just which colors will you see most frequently on the road? According to a report from Dupont Herberts Automotive Systems, the top sellers in the following categories were:

SUVs, trucks and vans
1. White
2. Black
3. Dark/medium green
4. Dark/medium blue
5. Silver

Full/intermediate-size cars
1. White
2. Silver
3. Light brown
4. Medium/dark green
5. Black

Sport or compact cars
1. Silver
2. Black
3. White
4. Medium/dark green
5. Medium/dark blue

“But wait,” you cry, “where’s red on those lists?”
You thrill-seekers know there’s no other color choice for impact and excitement, and rest assured, red did show up in the Top 10 in those categories. Why not the Top Five? It takes a certain type of personality (as opposed to gender or age) to commit to red, and not every driver is bold enough to go with it.
Car-color trends follow the fashion and decorating world. Hunter green was a popular upholstery and wall accent a few years back, and, big surprise, out came a number of cars — particularly rugged, woodsy wheels like SUVs — in hunter green. I, personally, think it’s **** to match your automobile to your wainscoting, but hey, Martha Stewart’s a bazillionaire, so who am I to judge?

When choosing a car color, however, be sure to consider more than its ability to match your wardrobe. Certain colors require particular care. Keep this list handy when you choose:
  • White: Although grime looks terrible on a white car, it’s the easiest color to care for.
  • Black (and other dark colors): These are most susceptible to sun damage because of their heavy absorption of ultraviolet rays.
  • Red: This also shows sun damage, so keep your car in a garage or shady port whenever possible.
  • Pearl colors: These are the most difficult to work with. If the paint needs to be re-touched, it must be matched to look right from both the front- and side-angle views.
FYI, bird droppings do a real job on your car’s paint, no matter what the color. Clean bird bombs immediately or live with a near-impossible-to-remove stain.

And while we’re talking about car color, rest assured that no insurance company will cop to charging more for certain car colors — although some drivers of red cars staunchly maintain that they are pulled over for traffic violations more frequently.

If you’re in the market for a new car and you’re thinking about trying a new color, consider my personal favorites:
  • Luxury car: Any Mercedes in black.
  • Sports car: A Mazda Miata, and it must be red.
  • SUV: I’m a Blazer fan, and I like the trendy dark greens.
  • Family car: A Volvo in silver or tan says slick, but responsible.
  • Truck: A Dodge in dark blue, solid and strong.
  • Compact: A new VW Bug in yellow is fun, flirty and easy to find in a parking lot.
Whatever color you choose, wear it with style — and keep it clean. No car looks cool with “Wash Me” scrawled in grime on the side.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

BLUE: Not so sure I am NOT frustrated by traffic problems. I am VERY impatient in traffic, and dealing with idiots on the road. LOL