Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Is this Chinese Car coming to the USA ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I'm with Jerry on being very pro-domestic (my definition of domestic would include Canada and U.S. for obvious reasons). Autos are just such an important part of our economy.

But I could be talked into buying a Hyundai, Kia (like the above one 'Space posted) or even Toyota. My wife made me buy a Volvo and I do feel ashamed of that. So much shame

But we already give way to much of our money to the Chinese. I don't know how we get any of it back cuz there is so much moving that way. I couldn't buy a Chinese car.

Buying imports puts people out of work
More foreign car companies hire more Americans/North Americans than American car companies. Just something to think of.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM

i think it would be good for college kids like if they built basic cars like cars from the 90's quality looks etc for like 7k so people my age could have lower mileage cars easily

Old 01-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by tps221
i think it would be good for college kids like if they built basic cars like cars from the 90's quality looks etc for like 7k so people my age could have lower mileage cars easily
Most car designers graduate and are hired from the Art Center of Design here in Pasadena. Yes, it would be nice if some school with young ambitious college kids could compete with them...but it is not happening yet.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by GrandPaDave
More foreign car companies hire more Americans/North Americans than American car companies. Just something to think of.
In 2011, US ran a $110 billion trade deficit in the automotive sector alone. That $110,000,000,000 out of your economy, gone for good, and into another country's economy. How do we get that back? Well... we don't! Auto used to be Americas cornerstone in a global economy, but it is obviously loosing now.

In 2011, US ran a trade deficit with China of $295,422,500,000. That's likely higher for 2012. So again, I say that we needn't empty any more of our economy into theirs.

Some non-American car companies are building here, which is good. Some companies are even responsible and reinvesting money in the domestic economy, mainly through marketing or advertising of some form or another - Toyota and even VW are decent in this regard. Companies like Volvo do not help. Write them the cheque and they'll send all the money across the ocean. But even buying a domestically built car from a foreign company will still result in a loss to the US economy - it just depends on how the manufacture is spending the money

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-24-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A look at jobs replaced by technology<cite id="yui_3_5_1_20_1359028191468_258" class="byline vcard">By The Associated Press | Associated Press – <abbr class="updated" title="2013-01-24T08:37:14Z">3 hrs ago</abbr></cite>

• View Photo

Associated Press - This combination of Associated Press file photos shows a worker, left, assembling a motor in a Mercedes Benz factory in 2008 in Berlin, and a robot, right, painting a brake drum at Webb Wheel …more Products, in 2013, in Cullman, Ala.. Thanks to robots, Webb Wheel hasn't added a factory worker in over three years, though it's making 300,000 more drums annually, a 25 percent increase. (AP Photo) less
<!-- START article -->Related Content

prevnext

Pictures on the left is the past....Pic's on the Right are the `Present (WoW) Humans are being replaced with automation!<!-- yog-5u -->
Five years after the start of the Great Recession, the toll is terrifyingly clear: Millions of middle-class jobs have been lost in developed countries the world over.
Worse, those jobs weren't just lost to China and other developing countries. No one got them. They vanished, victims of increasingly sophisticated software and machines that can do tasks faster, cheaper and often better than humans.
Here is a photo gallery of jobs especially hard hit by the technological onslaught:

Last edited by Space; 01-24-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its bad enough...The american automotive economy is going to heck in a hand basket in a hurry...

Since theres no fair trade act with china...

I say they can keep it!

I wouldnt buy anything thats not american made...

Im strickly a chevy,Gm guy!

Did you know:
That china, sends tons of crap here in containers?
heres the kicker...
We sent nothing to china...all there containers return to them EMPTY!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM

AC Delco GM parts Made in China - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon

<cufon style="width: 127px; height: 30px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="General "><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: -1px; top: -6px; width: 156px; height: 39px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="39" width="156"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon><cufon style="width: 115px; height: 30px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Motors "><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: -1px; top: -6px; width: 145px; height: 39px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="39" width="145"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon><cufon style="width: 87px; height: 30px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="China"><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: -1px; top: -6px; width: 108px; height: 39px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="39" width="108"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon>

General Motors Company, the world’s largest automaker, traces its roots back to 1908. With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM does business in some 120 countries. The General Motors-China relationship dates back more than eight decades. GM China’s vision is together with its partners to be the best automotive group in China.
GM has 11 joint ventures and two wholly owned foreign enterprises as well as more than 35,000 employees in China. GM, along with its joint ventures, offers the broadest lineup of vehicles and brands among automakers in China. Products are sold under the Baojun, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Opel, Wuling and Jiefang nameplates. In 2011, domestic sales of vehicles by GM and its joint ventures jumped 8.3 percent on an annual basis to 2,547,203 units. It has been the sales leader among global automakers in China for seven consecutive years.
Read more

Corporate Office: GM International Operations and GM China Headquarters & Advanced Technical Center | 56 Jinwan Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China 201206 | Phone: 86-21-2898-7000 | Fax: 86-21-2899-6423

<cufon style="width: 42px; height: 18px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Job "><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 57px; height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="18" width="57"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon><cufon style="width: 65px; height: 18px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Search"><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 74px; height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="18" width="74"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon>

Job Openings
Behind the Wheel
GM Employees in Shanghai EXPO
Employee Benefits

<cufon style="width: 29px; height: 18px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="At "><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 44px; height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="18" width="44"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon><cufon style="width: 21px; height: 18px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="A "><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 36px; height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="18" width="36"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon><cufon style="width: 65px; height: 18px; line-height: 1px !important; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 1px !important; vertical-align: middle !important; display: inline-block !important; position: relative !important;" class="cufon cufon-canvas" alt="Glance"><canvas style="font: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 75px; height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative !important; font-size-adjust: inherit; font-stretch: inherit;" height="18" width="75"></canvas><cufontext style="width: 0px !important; height: 0px !important; text-indent: -10000in !important; overflow: hidden !important; display: inline-block !important;"></cufontext></cufon>

GM China Year Established: 1991

Language: Chinese, English

Quick Links

Shanghai GM
Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC)
Shanghai-GM-Wuling
OnStar

Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM

I don't care for how it looks. I think that we are already buying too much stuff from China. I don't like that. I don't mind the whole global market but it seems like it has gotten rid of work for America but maybe thats just me.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by burgundybullet
I don't care for how it looks. I think that we are already buying too much stuff from China. I don't like that. I don't mind the whole global market but it seems like it has gotten rid of work for America but maybe thats just me.

Hi `Ben, Thanks for your post & thoughts

What have you done, or going to `do to make it better for the USA ? Have your contacted/written your Representatives in D.C. & let them know your concerns ?

Yes, we are living in a Global Market, & yes the Rich keep getting richer & the poor keeps getting poorer...So many sit back & complain, but few try to do anything to change things for the better in the U.S.A.

Maybe you are the one to lead the way & encourage the citizens of the USA to get involved b-4 it's to late

I guess we can all just sit back & hope/pray that things get better or more fair in this Global economy (?) or we each can do our part & stay active on what's going on in D.C. ? ?

It's sure not easy, but nothing good in this life seems to be E.Z. 4-Sure...

That's all, my space brain is tired & empty...Thanks everyone that reads the above Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 01-24-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:31 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
In 2011, US ran a $110 billion trade deficit in the automotive sector alone. That $110,000,000,000 out of your economy, gone for good, and into another country's economy. How do we get that back? Well... we don't! Auto used to be Americas cornerstone in a global economy, but it is obviously loosing now.

In 2011, US ran a trade deficit with China of $295,422,500,000. That's likely higher for 2012. So again, I say that we needn't empty any more of our economy into theirs.

Some non-American car companies are building here, which is good. Some companies are even responsible and reinvesting money in the domestic economy, mainly through marketing or advertising of some form or another - Toyota and even VW are decent in this regard. Companies like Volvo do not help. Write them the cheque and they'll send all the money across the ocean. But even buying a domestically built car from a foreign company will still result in a loss to the US economy - it just depends on how the manufacture is spending the money
Easy, the unions screwed American Auto policy. Kick the unions out, there is no need for them anymore. Toyota and Honda American are making great cars and paying good wages to Americans without them.

Quick Reply: >Is this Chinese Car coming to the USA ?