Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Childhood Reminiscing

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Junior Car, you posted that as Optimus Prime on the Jeff Gordon forum. And you parked in the handicapped spot!!! LOSER (holds his fingers over his forehead in the shape of an L at you)
It wasn't me, it was the car. It was K.I.T.T. - he drives himself. I was handicap that day according to his calculations...

Old 01-03-2010, 09:53 AM

LOL LOL
It was K.I.T.T.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I used to have a lot of things from my childhood. Till my nephews and my cousins came in to the picture.

My mother thought nothing of taking whatever she felt and just handing it to any one of them. If I didn't like it, "TOO BAD!" (do I sound a little bitter here? only cause it makes me feel violated that my personal space ment nothing)

I got made fun of regularly from family and friends cause I took care of what I had.

Anything I have left is only cause I raised enough stink whenver my mom was feeling generous with my things.

By the way................
Anyone ever seen an original HeMan still in the package? How about Teela, Battle Cat, or Sorceress? The girlfriend I had at the time thought buying them for me as Christmas gag gifts was funny. Her youngest son was really in to HeMan at the time.

I do still own some of the original Hot Wheels, only not in the package. I played with them.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have a lot of model cars today, RJ, and people tell tehm I should leave them in the package, but they're just the $12 Maisto models for the most part... and what good are they in the package!?!??! I like to take them out where I can see them! What kind of kid buys toys and leaves them sitting in their packages and stares at them!! No, you take them out and play! You don't take into account how much money it will be worth later!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

great thread Duane, I am the one who buys stuff and keeps in the package, don't know why, these days things are produced in such huge numbers it will be hard to get anything for them! I have some Nascar cars and other stuff, hockey,baseball and other cards I've been holding on to but most likely I will never get what I paid for them in the long run? I don't have anything saved from my childhood, but the above mentioned I've been collecting over the last 15-20 years. I've always had thoughts of coming home from work and seeing my kid playing with one of my Earnhardt SR cars in the dirt and getting it all messed up and making it worthless, but that is part of the reason most things do become more rare because most kids just want to destroy things rather than collect them.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Duane, I still own most of the model kits I built when I was a teenager. Well from 1969 till 1974. I stopped building so many cause by that time I owned a real car that needed a lot of replacement parts.
At one time my nephew told me, "Grandma said I can have all your model cars." He as like in 5th grade at the time. I told him grandma had no say in what happened to those model kits.
I wasn't trying to be mean to him or anything. I just wanted him to know I had no intention of parting with something I cherished.
I only built a few '55/56/57 Chevies at the time. The majority are Cudas, Challengers, Superbirds, and Dusters.