Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Chevy's New Nascar Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
I hope just like the race car means coupe. tired of this sedan bs.
I agree.

I know the idea of using certain cars in Nascar is to sell the street version. Like the old nascar racing saying went, "race on sunday, buy on monday". Where race fans went out to the dealerships on monday and bought the bad-*** car they saw in the race sunday.

But this idea of trying to pass off a four door family car as a racecar is ridiculous. Even a car like the Challenger. Yes, I know the hemi version is a fast car. I'll give them credit for that. But it's still basically a four door family car.

And Ford using the Fusion? Really?!? The Camry? Come on! The Impala doesn't really impress me either. They don't even have an SS anymore.

I know people could make a similar argument about the 6th gen Monte. But at least the 6th gen Monte was a coupe that looked like the racecar, and made an attempt at performance.

I wish nascar would get rid of this COT bullsh*t. Where the only difference is the stickers. Put a real production-looking car on the track. A car that when I go to the dealership, kicks *** and takes names.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:39 PM

The Dart was another car that bugs me. I have a 1970 Dart Swinger. I think it should have been a coupe for the remake. But a 4 door i4 sedan wth thats not what a dart should be. Nascar themed chevy needs to look just like the nascar and be a rwd coupe. Even the impala nascar is built like a coupe but you cant buy one. The rule was it had to be a production car to be a nascar when did that rule change? If it were still in effect there would just be a bunch of pos sedans driving in circles. Who would watch that?

Old 03-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We need to start a revolution to take back the track.

Take back the track!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Call TAZ!

I forgot all about the VEGA!!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 AM

Maybe its the Cavalier!!?!? wait.... what?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bring back the Beretta nameplate Sign the petition at www.welovebadchevynames.com

But really, I miss the days when real stock cars were in racing.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM

Alright, I found out what it's gonna be, blast from the past fellahs and gals...wait for it....CORVAIR!!! RWD!!! No seriously, will be exciting, no matter what, Chevy needs a new heart throb, just hope I will always be able to procure a 6th Gen monte, I love her!!

Mike

Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bel Air.............

Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Default next nascar....

Originally Posted by knightfan26917
AHEM!

I couldn't have been the only one to actually read/notice the wording in Ch#$r%*et's press release.....

That'd also include Bel Air, Cavalier, etc.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
* rNw-CC+event: ROADS'n'WHEELS CAR CLUB / CAPRICE CLASSIC FORUM - EVENTS / CLUB INFO *
"Nothing can take the place of being there" __ Marvin Gaye __ 'Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing'

..Just a wild guess. Could the new car be the Bel Air ? Maybe the two door version of the new Caprice ? With all the retro designs coming out and bringing back old nameplates, this might be a alternative ? Maybe even the Chevelle ?
( Copied from another thread that Mike removed from site )

RATS ....... !

Quick Reply: Chevy's New Nascar Car