Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Checking In (New Car)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Checking In (New Car)

Hey guys, it seems like it's been a while since I've been on here. I still check in once in a while but I haven't posted in some time, I've mainly been over on the f-body forums since I got the new car. On top of that I've had a couple family deaths in the last couple of months, so my time has been taken up with visitations, funerals and my grandma being in the hospital.

With that aside, I figured I should probably stop by, say hi and of course give you all some car updates

I still have the Monte Carlo, it's my daily driver to Milwaukee from Janesville, about 140 miles, give or take, round trip. I plan to either run her until she gives up or run her for 4 more years and then look into a 4 door family vehicle (I'm thinking Charger SRT8).. but that's a little down the line.

As you can see the monte is still slightly modded.. gutted airbox, exhaust (kind of), tune, headunit, headlights, tinted tails, reverse lights and 3rd brake light, 35% tint all around and working on custom roof rails:

Now for the new car... as some of you have already seen on Facebook, as for the rest of you, I hope you can enjoy it as much as I do

2000 Trans Am WS6, purchased with just over 8,000 miles on it. Currently has 8,301 miles on it as it sits in the garage because there's gravel all over the road I have to take to get to my house.

It came with the original build sheet, window sticker, all receipts, t-top shades, shifter, etc.

Only mods are: SLP Lid, Wheelskins, C5 custom fuel rail covers, brand new master cylinder, hurst short throw and short stick.

Currently working on some underhood stuff and getting a new shift ****. I have only personally put in the wheelskins and the firebird emblem on the lid. I have new floor mats to keep the originals nice and plan on battery and fuse box covers with some more vinyl work and the C6z shift ****

Now for the good stuff (sorry for cellphone pics (all but 2))

So anyways, I hope to stick around and get back in touch with some of you guys that I've lost contact with. I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to getting back in touch!

Last edited by red04montels; 08-05-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Cool Love your T/A 4>Sure

Hello `Mitch & thanks for your update.
Your Trans Am is just beautiful 4>Sure
You sure found a great one that's looks like new.

Look forward to your future posts & contributions.
Did you change your user name ? I remember when Space was playing with your Monte pictures in the past.

Wish you safe/happy miles in both your super rides..

Old 08-05-2014, 10:29 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Hello `Mitch & thanks for your update.
Your Trans Am is just beautiful 4>Sure
You sure found a great one that's looks like new.

Look forward to your future posts & contributions.
Did you change your user name ? I remember when Space was playing with your Monte pictures in the past.

Wish you safe/happy miles in both your super rides..
Hey

I did change my username, at least a year ago. I haven't been on much since then to be honest. I changed it just to distance my online accounts and such for when employers may be searching my last name (which was part of my old username).

I was having a lot of basketball stuff from college and highschool popping up and then I would have Monte Carlo Forum, LS1tech, CorvetteForum, etc... Wasn't sure how that was looking for employers so I just decided to change my usernames

Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Welcome Mitch. Congrats on the 2nd car! Foodies are fun cars. I miss driving my 84 z28 (someday I will do it again).

Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great to see you pop back in Mitch!

As always, loving the cars. You make me miss my 4th gen sometimes

Such a sweet WS6!!!

Old 08-05-2014, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Welcome Mitch. Congrats on the 2nd car! Foodies are fun cars. I miss driving my 84 z28 (someday I will do it again).
Thanks! It's very fun, when I get to drive it lol

Is the 84 still an ongoing project for the time being?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:40 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Great to see you pop back in Mitch!

As always, loving the cars. You make me miss my 4th gen sometimes

Such a sweet WS6!!!
I told you I would, was just a matter of time. I've been trying to stay away from the online drama and such through the hard family times, but when I'm at work I try to stay occupied and mind off things lol

You'll have to drive on out and I'll let you drive mine, that should get your mind off your old one

Old 08-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

The ws6 was always an eye catcher for me. I love black on these cars personally but any color ws6 is awesome. Congrats on the purchase.

The wife and I just made a recent purchase as well. We got a 2011 ctsv coupe

Old 08-05-2014, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
The ws6 was always an eye catcher for me. I love black on these cars personally but any color ws6 is awesome. Congrats on the purchase.

The wife and I just made a recent purchase as well. We got a 2011 ctsv coupe
I agree, black really seems to show the body lines, at least in photos. I'm surprised how well the silver still shows off the body lines.

That's a pretty awesome purchase, a little LSA fun?

Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Yea a little fun lol. Planning on little mods for now on it (intake, header back, heat exchanger, pulley drop, injectors, tune) then down the road possibly heads and cam package.

Turbo monte still is quicker than the V 60mph-120mph though lol. From a dig the V will kill turbo monte though unless at a prepped track. I posted a video of the race on here a month or so ago.

Quick Reply: Checking In (New Car)