Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Checking in

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Checking in

hello, to all for those who know of me and hello to some of the newer members. i know i havent been on here in a while but i guess i'll fill you guys in on whats been going on in my life. so here goes'

At work, i have been promoted at my job at the steel plant from shipping to a machine shop operator, pretty much i machine rings and discs now some of the things i been doing looks alot like rotors but its steel not iron, so ive been focusing on doing my best at not messing up, mind you the better i do the more $$ i bring in.
At home, just been doing ma best to be a good bf, and father i have a plan on when i will pop the question but it wont be for another 2 years on her 30th birthday my oldest birthday is today, he made honor roll and will be going to the 3rd grade. at the same time he has been a beast at soccer. My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol
Ive had a standpoint with jack there is a issue with the windshield wiper....it dont work and i believe its an electrical issue in which is deff not my strong point so being as though this is a major issue i went out and just bought me an 08 tahoe LT ive always wanted one and i know i needed something bigger for the family

well sorry for the long story hope to hear from you guys

Old 07-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol

I have a 3-year-old grandson that has this issue as well. About a year ago, he started speech therapy. Before that, he would hardly even attempt to communicate verbally. Now, he won't shut up, but he has trouble pronouncing things correctly. It's like he can't get his tongue to do what he needs to speak correctly. He is improving, it's just a slow process... He also has no issue with expressions or attitude...

Old 07-24-2017, 02:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Hey George!! Good to hear from you. Sounds like mostly good news!!! Great news on the promotion! Congrats on the Tahoe!!

Keep the good news coming!!!

Sorry to hear of issues with jack. Since you bought the Tahoe, what are your plans with jack?

Old 07-24-2017, 03:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol
Originally Posted by chifan
I have a 3-year-old grandson that has this issue as well. About a year ago, he started speech therapy.
My nephew started speech therapy at 3 years old as well. Someone would come to the house and play with him on a semi-regular basis (I think 2 days a week?). It helped very quickly, and now he's 7 and doing great!

Old 07-24-2017, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
My nephew started speech therapy at 3 years old as well. Someone would come to the house and play with him on a semi-regular basis (I think 2 days a week?). It helped very quickly, and now he's 7 and doing great!
Yea he’s in Speech therapy right now before then he barely said anything but now it seems like when he definitely wants something he will say it like you said it’s a slow process but it is process

Old 07-24-2017, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Hey George!! Good to hear from you. Sounds like mostly good news!!! Great news on the promotion! Congrats on the Tahoe!!

Keep the good news coming!!!

Sorry to hear of issues with jack. Since you bought the Tahoe, what are your plans with jack?

Well I’ve been said of the day where Jack will retire and be a summer/spring car until I can figure out this issue then for the rest of the summer I’ll just drive around but on rainy days I won’t drive it but that’s the overall plan it’s going to be a summer or spring car

Old 07-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member

Hi George congrats on everything, and some kids just start speaking later than others. I have a Granddaughter that was that way. She's 10 now and fine. Don't give up on Jack.
Windshield wipers shouldn't be that hard. See if you power to the wiper motor and go from there.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Hi George congrats on your promotion for sure!!
My Granddaughter had a little problem with that as well now she doesn't shut up a 3.5 she is ready for pre-school. Keep up the Positive encouraging and that will help for sure.

Old 07-25-2017, 08:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep

This was very encouraging. Thanks for posting! I was worrying myself about this a couple of days ago, thinking he might not be able to catch up before time to start going to school.