Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   Member's BLOG: Checking in (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/checking-58650/)

owens91 07-23-2017 09:48 PM

Checking in

hello, to all for those who know of me and hello to some of the newer members. i know i havent been on here in a while but i guess i'll fill you guys in on whats been going on in my life. so here goes'

At work, i have been promoted at my job at the steel plant from shipping to a machine shop operator, pretty much i machine rings and discs now some of the things i been doing looks alot like rotors but its steel not iron, so ive been focusing on doing my best at not messing up, mind you the better i do the more $$ i bring in.
At home, just been doing ma best to be a good bf, and father i have a plan on when i will pop the question but it wont be for another 2 years on her 30th birthday :) my oldest birthday is today, he made honor roll and will be going to the 3rd grade. at the same time he has been a beast at soccer. My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol
Ive had a standpoint with jack there is a issue with the windshield wiper....it dont work and i believe its an electrical issue in which is deff not my strong point so being as though this is a major issue i went out and just bought me an 08 tahoe LT ive always wanted one and i know i needed something bigger for the family :)

well sorry for the long story hope to hear from you guys:thumbsup:

chifan 07-24-2017 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by owens91 (Post 704962)
My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol

I have a 3-year-old grandson that has this issue as well. About a year ago, he started speech therapy. Before that, he would hardly even attempt to communicate verbally. Now, he won't shut up, but he has trouble pronouncing things correctly. It's like he can't get his tongue to do what he needs to speak correctly. He is improving, it's just a slow process... He also has no issue with expressions or attitude...

The_Maniac 07-24-2017 02:43 PM

Hey George!! Good to hear from you. Sounds like mostly good news!!! Great news on the promotion! Congrats on the Tahoe!!

Keep the good news coming!!!

Sorry to hear of issues with jack. Since you bought the Tahoe, what are your plans with jack?

ChibiBlackSheep 07-24-2017 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by owens91 (Post 704962)
My youngest is 2 and having a bit of trouble communicating verbally but his attitude and expressions make up for it lol

Originally Posted by chifan (Post 704966)
I have a 3-year-old grandson that has this issue as well. About a year ago, he started speech therapy.

My nephew started speech therapy at 3 years old as well. Someone would come to the house and play with him on a semi-regular basis (I think 2 days a week?). It helped very quickly, and now he's 7 and doing great!

owens91 07-24-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 704974)
My nephew started speech therapy at 3 years old as well. Someone would come to the house and play with him on a semi-regular basis (I think 2 days a week?). It helped very quickly, and now he's 7 and doing great!

Yea he’s in Speech therapy right now before then he barely said anything but now it seems like when he definitely wants something he will say it like you said it’s a slow process but it is process

owens91 07-24-2017 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 704970)
Hey George!! Good to hear from you. Sounds like mostly good news!!! Great news on the promotion! Congrats on the Tahoe!!

Keep the good news coming!!!

Sorry to hear of issues with jack. Since you bought the Tahoe, what are your plans with jack?

Well I’ve been said of the day where Jack will retire and be a summer/spring car until I can figure out this issue then for the rest of the summer I’ll just drive around but on rainy days I won’t drive it but that’s the overall plan it’s going to be a summer or spring car

plumbob 07-24-2017 07:28 PM

Hi George congrats on everything, and some kids just start speaking later than others. I have a Granddaughter that was that way. She's 10 now and fine. Don't give up on Jack.
Windshield wipers shouldn't be that hard. See if you power to the wiper motor and go from there.

drivernumber3 07-24-2017 09:43 PM

Hi George congrats on your promotion for sure!!:thumbsup::congrats:
My Granddaughter had a little problem with that as well now she doesn't shut up a 3.5 she is ready for pre-school. Keep up the Positive encouraging and that will help for sure. :thumbsup:

chifan 07-25-2017 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 704974)

This was very encouraging. Thanks for posting! I was worrying myself about this a couple of days ago, thinking he might not be able to catch up before time to start going to school.