Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

check out my AMX!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

that's a pretty sweet lookin' bike.

You should have dropped a smaller chain on it and seen what it could pull in the 1/4

Old 08-26-2009, 08:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks cool...but I would have to agree Ryan, that does not look comfortable to ride at all, and your a bit taller than me..i'm 6'1.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 AM

Nice bike... Looks too good to find in the trash heap, nice save! Memory serves, MANY years ago my oldest brother had one like it (tiny front tire & huge rear slick) but his was a 3 speed (???) with a car-like shifter on the bar and a steering wheel instead of handle bars. He never quite got the hang of it but he thought it was cool.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Very cool! Reminds me of the old Schwinn bikes like the Lemon Peeler and Apple Crate.
thats what my dad said, haha.

Originally Posted by sprfrk2005
looked like it needed some new thread(tires) haha but sweet bike
to tell ya the truth the tires on the thing were some of the nicest ive seen on any of the bikes ive had, no dry rot, bubles or flat spots, all the tred was good.... in the pics they are dirty because i had soaked them in tire shine & rolled it onto a gravel driveway.... d'oh!

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
that's a pretty sweet lookin' bike.

You should have dropped a smaller chain on it and seen what it could pull in the 1/4
hmmmmm.... idk if it would meet the track safty requirements, lol

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Looks cool...but I would have to agree Ryan, that does not look comfortable to ride at all, and your a bit taller than me..i'm 6'1.
yha, it was tuff, lol. the little hills i could make on my 20" BMX were horrible on that thing, i thought my legs were gonna seize up!

Originally Posted by JAFO
Nice bike... Looks too good to find in the trash heap, nice save! Memory serves, MANY years ago my oldest brother had one like it (tiny front tire & huge rear slick) but his was a 3 speed (???) with a car-like shifter on the bar and a steering wheel instead of handle bars. He never quite got the hang of it but he thought it was cool.
yha, i couldint beleive it eather.... all the chrome was SHOT, it was still pretty nasty in some of the pics i took but WAY better than it was....

oh, at a swap meet this spring a guy in the stall next door was selling schwinn bikes that looked similar, some with the 3 speed shifter thing on the frame, he also had a few lemon peeler's & apple crates like amy mentioned, all restored.... they were anywhere from $500 - $1500..... while my little amx was only worth $75 - 150 at best....

Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Man, you're bringin' out my age! I remember them, and the Schwinns. I had a purple Huffy with a 5 speed, stick shift on the frame, shorty chrome fenders, banana seat and 4 ft sissy bar, and of course, the racing slick in the back!

You did a GREAT job cleaning the old girl up, AND a good thing giving it to your Dad's friend. You're a good guy. Most people would've just sold it.