Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Be careful when dealing with Craigslist!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation Be careful when dealing with Craigslist!

Here is yet another terrible story of a Craigslist scammer/criminal! Be careful if you are looking for or selling parts there. This poor guy....

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Lured...106562474.html

Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

WOW! That is harsh! But you're right, you have to exercise caution on any of these deals.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i'll never forget my dad telling me about the guy he bought an anglia off of, guy was this old farmer who seemed nice enough, but then he got to talking and somehow got onto the topic of how the car belonged to his son, whom he killed along with his wife when some voice in his head told him they needed to die, that he was in a psych ward for a while and they gave him meds to controll these urges to kill people, but he ran out of them and never got more.... and this is totally for real, lol. he basicly told the guy he would be back for the car the next day, jumped into the truck with his buddies and hauled a$$ outta there, and never EVER went back, lol

Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 AM

that is messed up it just goes to show never go alone to get a car or any thing from what is posted online. he should have went with a couple of freinds but i would have asked to meat some where in public like a gas station some where there would be cameras.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
that is messed up it just goes to show never go alone to get a car or any thing from what is posted online. he should have went with a couple of freinds but i would have asked to meat some where in public like a gas station some where there would be cameras.
Learn from the mistakes/misfortune of others (we don't live long enough to make them all ourselves). Common sense is not so common when it comes to this stuff.

I really hope this guys gets his dog back. I think that is the WORST thing about the outcome of this story. I hope the thieves did not kill the dog (and if they did, I hope that dog had a chance to sink into them something fierce). But I really hope he gets the dog back, otherwise, he will forever wonder if the dog is alive and if the dog is well cared for. I could not imagine something like that happening with either of my dogs.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Learn from the mistakes/misfortune of others (we don't live long enough to make them all ourselves). Common sense is not so common when it comes to this stuff.

I really hope this guys gets his dog back. I think that is the WORST thing about the outcome of this story. I hope the thieves did not kill the dog (and if they did, I hope that dog had a chance to sink into them something fierce). But I really hope he gets the dog back, otherwise, he will forever wonder if the dog is alive and if the dog is well cared for. I could not imagine something like that happening with either of my dogs.
Agreed! If anything ever happened to my best buddy, Harley (3 year old yellow lab), I would be heart broken. I am surprised the crooks didn't kick the dog out the door. Unbelievable. What an age we live in.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. What a story. There are a number of online sites the same as Craigslist. I'm wondering why we hear about it happening mostly on Craigslist? It seems to me that hold up you posted could've happened even with a newspaper ad too.

At first, I was thinking that guy should've brought some other people with him. But with a gun in his mouth, there's not a lot the others could've done either. Hopefully the guy gets his dog and car back. And the robber gets what's coming to him.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow just wow !! I guess I will bring my gun the next time I go to pick up some rims .

Last edited by Blazed SS; 11-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
wow just wow !! I guess I will bring my gun the next time I go to pick up some rims .

We're here for the rims you advertised.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Been going armed just about everywhere myself lately. However, armed doesn't help if you're taken by surprise. You can't be too careful, even if you ARE male and have a big, mean looking dog with you. Some of us ladies are aware that bad things could happen to us at any time, but a lot of guys probably think they're safe.

My "safety" in this case would have been a public venue, as well as my Glock 26, and probably my S&W BodyGuard 380 as a back up gun. "The best reload is a second gun." And if I had pulled up and there were multiple people, I'd have rolled right on past.

Quick Reply: Be careful when dealing with Craigslist!