Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

my first ticket... (

Old 04-06-2008, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default my first ticket... (

fianlly got my first ticket... A few local cops pulled over a string of us driving around at 11 over and gave us all tickets. thank god I knew my cop (well, he knew me... or at least my car) and he knocked me down to only 5 over. how much is this going to affect insurance?

Old 04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Default RE: my first ticket... (

[align=center]Hi `Mike, sorry to read `bout your ticket : ( Been there, done that & I'm still paying)[X(][/align][align=center]Maybe you can pay online or check to see[/align][align=center]what the cost should be, or see about Driving School to see[/align][align=center]if any points will be deducted from your license.[/align][align=center]U R lucky that the police officer gave you a break : )[/align][align=center]Good Luck `Space

Wisconsin Court System[/align][align=center]

Access to the Wisconsin Court System’s Circuit Court Online Payment system[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

Welcome to the Wisconsin Court System’s Circuit Court Online Payment system. This Web site allows payment of circuit court fees and/or fines online. A 2.35% convenience fee for MasterCard and a $1.50 flat fee for electronic check will be charged by US Bank to process payments.
The online payment feature is implemented only in Kenosha and Washington Counties with US Bank. After a two month evaluation period and approval by US Bank, this service will be expanded to additional counties.
Select Continue to search for outstanding debt with the Kenosha and Washington County Circuit Courts and make payment online.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wisconsin Court System’s Circuit Court Online Payment system. This Web site allows payment of circuit court fees and/or fines online. A 2.35% convenience fee for MasterCard and a $1.50 flat fee for electronic check is charged. [/align]

Old 04-06-2008, 11:39 AM

Depends on a few things: How old you are, if you have full coverage or not,who your insurance company is,stuff like that. I would expect a pretty good increase in your premium.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 AM

Hi `Mike,
Below is a link Wisconsin Traffic Laws
Hope it `helps answer your question ?
Good Luck
Click below link
[:-]

Old 04-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Don't feel bad. I am 38 and between the ages of 16-23 I received 26 speeding tickets (you do not want to know what it cost in fines, lawyers, and insurance). Thanks to a few Porsche's I owned. I once got pulled over in the Gumball Run in New Mexico for going 138 in a 55 or that's what his radar gun stated after my radar detector went off and I hit the brakes hard. Now this was back in the day when the didn't arrest you for more then 99mph. He was so mad at me he took my licence and said the fine was going to be $600. I took my wallet out and gave him $600 bucks and he gave me my licence back. Funny thing, that ticket never showed up on my DMV. LOL

A couple years later I became a police officer and served many years writing them rather then being issued them. Thats another story in itself...

Anyway, Space is right just ask the court if you can take an online driving school and that usually nullifies the ticket. Just stay clean for 18 months and it should not show up on your DMV. No harm no foul. Keep in mind that the justice system is just that. There is a way to take care of everything. I might even see if you do not have a "Ticket" lawyer in your town like we do here in San Diego. He handles just tickets and he only charges $99 per. So far with me and my friends/accociates he is batting .1000.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeap.. if you take the defensive driving school or traffic school, waht ever it is called in your state, then that usually takes a ticket off your record. however, if you get a second ticket within that 18 months, both show up on the insurance record

Old 04-06-2008, 12:54 PM

man that sucks. if it makes ya feel any better i got busted going 30 over not too long ago. 176.00 can't help it though my monte just wants to go 140km/hr on the highway.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: couch

man that sucks. if it makes ya feel any better i got busted going 30 over not too long ago. 176.00 can't help it though my monte just wants to go 140km/hr on the highway.
Damn, my 15 over is almost as much as your 30, but he did knock off $10 for wearing seatbelts.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:53 PM

I predict that I will get a ticket driving the Monte. Too darn easy to go over the speed limit.

Plus, the Monte don't SLOW DOWN fast enough when I get off the throttle. There's almost NO engine braking. So when I do let off the throttle I'm still going too fast and the engine don't slow me down.

I don't want a ticket! But, it looks like the design is getting me ready to get one.

I'm glad I don't have a 3800 0r a Blown SS. That would seal my fate!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I keep saying the same thing Rick, except I do have a 3800.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my first ticket... (