Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can things get worse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Default RE: Can things get worse?

Hi `Wayne,
I hope your today is better then your yesterday's
[:-]
I wish you & yours, better days,
`Space

Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 PM

Wayne I don't want to be an ***, but trust me "Can things get any worse" is not a challenge you want to offer the universe.

It's about that time you find out things like your kid is pregnant, wife is cheating on you, or you have a house fire because you were too depressed to pay attention to what you are doing.

Always look for the positives in life.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:18 PM

Oh for your postives, The car wreck could have been worse... you could have been injured.

Your wife may just be sick and doesn't have cancer or 3 weeks to live.

Your grandma just broke her hip and didn't crack her skull open.

Yeah, maybe those aren't the friendliest pictures to visualize, but trust me... things can be worse.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM

I guess it's all a matter of putting things into perspective.
I was feeling pretty bad about blowing-out my knee slipping in some black ice in the driveway.
It hurts like hell and they are evaluating it for surgery, tomorrow.

Then, ... I read what Wayne wrote and got a new look at things.

Then, ... I watched the News and saw where the Tornado wiped-out those people in an instant.

Now, the knee still hurts ... but, I'd rather have a hurting knee until they get it fixed, than have a Tornado wipe-out my whole home and family!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

O4 is right, it can always get worse, even though at the moment I'm sure you don't feel like it could. Hang in there, things will get better eventually, sometimes things have to make a full circle first. We're all here for ya if you need anything.
We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When it rains it pours.

The following is excerpts from a message from mickey.

Original by: mickey

My car was broke into last night and they pretty much tore the inside of it up to get the stereo out. took all the stereo equipment out. But i have to deal with the INS,Police and also figure out how or what to do for a C.B. now that it was in the trunk and they stole it also.
Go figure all my log books etc... anything i had for work was in the trunk in a box that i kept there and it was all taken. .

I did take some photos of it i will see if i can get enough time to resize them and post them up.

yeah im starting to belive this car is cursed, two weeks after i got it Ivan came threww Montegomery Al. and threw a tree at my car and the neibors house. i had to have it fixed to teh tune of 3500. 00
while in Germany.
this sign came acrossed the parking lot and hit the rear 1/4 panel.
i hit the small parking wall there and scraped up the side of it.
The rocker moulding was tore off of it right after this when the idiots tried to tow it becuse they broke the ing. in the car and the thing would not start.
when it was shipped back from Germany they tried to take out the head rest monitors and tore those all up. did over 5000.00 in body damge to it then also.
Then the close call with the deer not to long ago causes me to have to get new rims and tires for it.
Now i wake upa nd find out someone like the stereo in thier car better then mine.

So i call the cops to get a report on it and they are suprised it was actually still in the drive way. and tell me to be carefule be cuse they will come back for it.
This just makes me feel so good as the cops in Al. when the 78 monte carlo had this happen they said the same thing and with in 30days they came and stole the whole damed car.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh sure, remember Mickey had problems cause he's a moderator but does anyone remember MY recent problems?
(j/k here)

Sorry to hear thingsare looking down right now. But believe me they can get worse. Watch what comes out of your mouth right now. I am a firm believer in your body follows what your mouth says. Meaning "Can things get any worse in my life?" and poof they do.

Keep your chin up. Things will look up soon for you.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

OK MY FRIEND!IT IS TIME WE TURN YOUR LIFE AROUND, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! I love ya, and I hate seeing all this bad things happening to you. It is timeALLthe BAD stops for the rest of your LIFE!

Some of this may sound harsh, but it really is not. All I want to do is open your eyes so that you can turn it around, TODAY! NOW!

We are what we THINK we are. We are what we FEEL we are. What does this mean?EVERYTHING, good or bad that happens in our lives isa manifestation of our thoughts. Positive draws positive, negative draws negative. I know you are a religous man, asam I, so I will speak to you in religous terms.

God (the higher power, supreme being, the master of the universe) is always listening to our words, our thoughts, our actions, and our dreams and he acts on those ideas, thoughts, actions, words, and dreams. The thing is, so is Satan. You are like a supermagnet and youattract what you put out. Thus if your thoughts are on death, disease, debt, etc., you are attracking more death, disease, dept, etc., to you. If you pray, Lord free me of my debt. You are actually attracting more debt. Why? Because you are feeding Satan with all the ammunition he needs to continue this cycle. Remember it is Satan's mission to have you either think you are unworthy of God's help orto push youto turn your back on God. If you focus on your bills andyour low bank account, that is what you are attracting. WE ARE WHAT WE THINK.

God wants to help you, but you need to stop feeding satan fuel to hurt you, andto aline yourself toreceive God'shelp.

There are two types of thought, two types of action, two types of emotion, twotypes of words -- Good & Bad. Good equates to Happy, joyous, exciting, love, tenderness, etc. Bad equates to Nervousness, Guilt, Frustration, Worry, Anger, Fear, etc. When you are in aline to receive God's help, you are Happy, Joyous, Caring,in Trust-- thus you are in GOOD.

Now you do not need to go crazy analyzing your thoughts, but you do need to monitor your EGS or Emotional Guidance System. We have 1000s of thoughts daily, but a positive thought is a 100 times more powerful than a negative. So forgot about the occasional negative thought, rather, monitor how do you feel. Are you feeling good or bad, and if you are feeling bad, than you need to STOP, step back, and immediately think of all the things you are grateful for, and really allow yourself to feel the emotion of gratitude. Example, I am extremely grateful for being in God's favor and blessing. I am grateful for my beautiful and loving wife. I am grateful for my Loving and Caring Mother, etc. What this does is, stops the bad thoughts and promotes the good and it alsoinstantly start to make you feel good, and that positive feeling is infectous.

Have you ever noticed, that when you are feeling good, it seems like everything goes your way, andopposite thing occurswhen you feel bad. So now you know that:
1. you need to continuously monitor your EGS and stay on the Good side.
2. you need to think Good thoughts, speak good words, and do good actions.

Now let'slearn how to think about things in your life, that may not be going your way, and things you can do to change them. Let's start with you seeingyour bank balance drop. If you focus on it and worry, it draws negative to you and you willcontinue to watch it drop. On the other hand, you canplay a game with yourself and white out the amount on your bank statement and write in the number you would want in your bank account.Now you will thankGod forthisnew balance, and by d

Old 02-12-2008, 10:06 PM

Damn. Craig put alot of thought in that one.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think Craig just beat out Space for having the most words in one post.
How long did it take you to type all that Craig?

Quick Reply: Can things get worse?