Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can things get worse?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can things get worse?

Since the holidays, my flex plate broke on my Intimidator SS, and I replace it AND the torque convertor, to be safe. $1,000. Got it back a week n a half ago. Put it in the ditch last thursday. $4,000 damage. Had to rent a car (We have 4, but 2 are up for the winter). Same day, my boss asks me to take some time off unpaid, cause we are slow. Not a lay off, just a cut back in hours to almost nothing. Today, my 89 yr old Mom goes to the Dr for a shot of cortizone in her back for arthritis, and she FALLS going into the office and BREAKS her hip! Now she's in the emergency room, waiting to see if they will EVEN DO surgery, as she is in poor health. The wife comes home from work today sick. WHAT'S NEXT? Afraid the think about it.
SOMETIMES LIFE JUST SUCKS.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Default RE: Can things get worse?

[align=center]Hi `Wayne,[/align][align=center]
[/align][/align][align=center]I can feel the pain in your posted words.[/align][align=center]Life sure is a test of one's faith.[/align][align=center]I hope that you stay strong in your faith, & in life.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I still believe in your life thatyou havemore positives, then[/align][align=center]negatives. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know that life can suck sometimes, for everyone : (,[/align][align=center]but that's why I really enjoy the good times [/align][align=center]when they return. (I'm still waiting : )[/align][align=center]I hope that your good times return soon.[/align][align=center]You sure are being tested.[/align][align=center]Wish you the `best,[/align][align=center]Your MCF `net friend,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It is in the ability to open our eyes and minds where limitless wonders are discovered, and we move on with hope of a better future,[/align][align=center]a better time, a better `life.[/align]

Old 02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck Wayne.

I know my grandmother used to tell me that rough times build character.
I didn't buy it either.

But they do say that the Lord gives us challenges in life. And if you have faith, he will help you through your troubles. I know I've had a few challenges in my life also.

I think you said it best Wayne. Sometimes life just sucks.
I hope your mom and your wife are feeling better soon. And your work situation improves quickly.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:30 PM

yea dude we all go through rough times. sorry to hear about your mom. it always seems to me that bad things happens in 3's. so you should be done now.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:24 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

welll they say when it rains it pours

I hope the clouds part and the sun comes out soon for you.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622
well they say when it rains it pours
It pours on n on!
My sister, whom I'm guardian and conservator for, but 250 miles north of me, had her water pipes freeze last night, so no water today. So for her reasons, she cancelled her dialysis for today, and without 24 hrs notice, they refuse to take her anymore. Now she has NO transportation from here on. Her almost worthless daughter is supposed to take her now. THAT will be problems. She still doesn't have water, and not sure if anyone has even been there yet to take care of it.
Mom, well, they don't know what to do with her. She is drugged up to the max right now, and MAYBE tomarrow they will make a decision.
The wife is sicker than a dog.
So I get to go to work tomarrow to see if I got a job or not.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow.. you got a whole hurricane worth of rain don't you?

i wouldn't wish your troubles on anybody.

I surely hope things get better soon... VERY soon.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM

Stay centered.
When the walls are falling in on you, it can sometimes lead to making decisions that are complicated and require some thought.
You did a good thing reaching-out and sharing the particulars of your going through a bad time with us.
Find someone you can talk too so that you can get some immediate feedback and get the whole thing off your chest.
A different pair of eyes looking at the situation is helpful in times like you are experiencing, at the moment.
At the moment.
The moment is now and its tough on you. But, this moment will pass and so will these hard times.
May the Peace of The Lord be with you!

Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wayne, not sure if you got this over in Michigan, but I don't see why you wouldn't.
Try Advil Cold & Sinus for your wife's cold. It may have a slightly different name in the US, but that's the name of it here in Canada. Works great for me.

Quick Reply: Can things get worse?