Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Camaros are loosing cool points in my book!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I will. Everyone is overpricing what they have.

This last guy I went to go check out had the offer of the car for 16.5, had a bunch of pictures, car looked great! Interior was ripped out, new carpeting etc was put in, floor pans were rust proofed, etc.

We got there, and the car looked like a POS. I can only assume that his pictures were from a while ago and he let it sit outside or something. Interior was disgusting, the silver paint was ruined, the bottom of the car was rusted out.

We told him he would be lucky to get HALF of what he asked. Such a waste of 3 hours.
man are you serious?? ive been there ! me and my uncle met this guy who had a rusted out 70 challenger, it was sooo bad you couldnt even tell what kind of car it was. he was asking 10 grand. i think people are watching too much tv ! they see this car shows and think they have gold lol. one thing is.. atleast once you get one itll be a very good investment seeing how all these classic cars are becoming more rare and valuable as time goes on!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I want to get a 70-72 Camaro, you can find them in really good shape for around 10 g.

My Dad isn't a fan of that body style, wants the 1st Gen only.

I'm not going to complain about that. He has a lot more money going towards the car than I do I'm just the brains of the wrench and the parts guy :p

Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member

I want to get a 70-72 Camaro, you can find them in really good shape for around 10 g.

My Dad isn't a fan of that body style, wants the 1st Gen only.

I'm not going to complain about that. He has a lot more money going towards the car than I do I'm just the brains of the wrench and the parts guy :p
which does he like more the 67 or 69? i like the 70-72 alot too. i never see those! (black with silver stripes is unbelievable on those.) and yeah thats very true. i wouldnt complain about it!! still a killer car.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
which does he like more the 67 or 69? i like the 70-72 alot too. i never see those! (black with silver stripes is unbelievable on those.) and yeah thats very true. i wouldnt complain about it!! still a killer car.

Black and silver stripes do look amazing

I prefer a '77 Trans Am over all others, any Camaro would do though

Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
I love the split grille front of the 2nd gen.

69 is the best year. We all know that.

I think 67 is the worst looking of the 3.

68 at least got rid of the stupid side window that 67 had, and had a slightly meaner front end.

But that 69 front end, lowered stance, and better rear is so nice... they are just so expensive

Old 04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS

Black and silver stripes do look amazing

I prefer a '77 Trans Am over all others, any Camaro would do though
THATS IT. man that thing is insaneeee. and i love the trans am and the theme which was made popular by smokey and the bandit!

I love the split grille front of the 2nd gen.

69 is the best year. We all know that.

I think 67 is the worst looking of the 3.

68 at least got rid of the stupid side window that 67 had, and had a slightly meaner front end.

But that 69 front end, lowered stance, and better rear is so nice... they are just so expensive
i completely agree. though i do like the hide away headlights on the 67. but 69 is defiantly a champ!

id like to find a 76 like this to fix up

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
I'm 6'7", didn't have the chair back all the way and could see fine and was perfectly comfortable. I thought they were very comfortable.

They're some Foose Mags, very sexy haha

I'm 6'5" and I had the seat slid all the way back and I could barely see out that car it was pretty weird, didn't even want to test drive it after that !

Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM

I'm partial to the 2nd gen Camaros myself (not that y'all couldn't guess that). The 1st gens are way overdone, and it seems like there's more of them than were made in the first place. I don't like the looks of the 5th gen all that much because they're drawn mainly from the 1st gen styling. Good luck finding a not common car that doesn't require a ton of money. And don't try to tell me the goat fits that cause I saw 3 of them on Fort Knox my first day here and I've seen several more since then. I hate the exterior styling of them as well. The thing I do like about the 5th gen Camaros is from getting to drive one and seeing what it's capable of. The combination of power and handling is amazing. It handles like a car much lighter than it actually is. If I ever can get my hands on my old IROC again I'll have to mod the suspension pretty heavily to get it to handle as well, and the IROCs were always known for handling (handled far better than the 4th gens actually) so that's really saying something.

Only thing I didn't like driving it is that the clutch was way too light for my taste and it engaged way too high. I like a clutch to start engaging about 1/3 of the way up. Even the 73 engages slightly too high for my taste, but that'll be a simple adjustment when I change out the clutch eventually. I do prefer the old mechanical clutches to be honest. The clutch on the IROC was perfect for me. I don't see myself spending a ton of money on a car anytime soon though. If I were to buy anything relatively new it would probably be a newer truck. Preferably a diesel but those are way out of my price range. Same goes with the Avalanches that I really like. Only way I'd be able to afford one of those is if I were able to get back on Active Duty (which won't be happening).

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread is hilarious.

Thanks to Mike and Trewyn for talking some common sense.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Default weighing in...

...Getting back on topic.........I guess ? There's nothing wrong with women driving Camaros & Stangs and the MC. Girls can be Car Guys (Gals ) also. The first owner of my MC was a lady and she took very good care of this car and I appreciate it. I also use mine on good weekends to get my groceries. Love the trunk space but I do, park it far away from potential door dings.

Don't care too much for the new touch screen stuff. Oh well....just gotta roll with it.

Click > Jan & Dean - Little Old Lady From Pasadena - YouTube

Quick Reply: Camaros are loosing cool points in my book!