Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

brett farve is back!! what a dumb ass

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:06 AM

oh trust me robyn, we wanted to keep tomlin, but he got offered a head coaching job which pays more as opposed to the D coord. wouldn't you take a promotion in your job if you could? it's the "circle of life" in the nfl coaching world, haha.

this is why i think favre signed with the vikings: it's an offensive system that he's known for 16 yrs (the west coast offense he ran w/ the packers). it's already a great team anyways so he has a good chance of going deep in the playoffs...at least we hope. lastly, i think it's to get revenge on the packers for booting him out of town when he wanted to come unretired the first time. the vikings are a good fit for him and we were looking for a decent qb anyways.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Thumbs up

Well from what he said the last time he "Retired" he had just gotten over the bicep injury when the Dr. told him he has a torn rotator cuff also. So as he thought it was all over can't play with a new injury. They told him if he has the surgery on the rotator cuff he would not play this year or possibly next year. They also said he has been playing with it for a while so he should be ok and good to go after many tests. Now I think its pretty presumptuous for anyone to say what they would do in his situation cause pretty obvious nobody has been. If the guy wants to play let him play only reason he keeps "comming back" is because teams WANT him and obviously still think he has it. I think its like a old guy who retires from his job but then gets a job at a small place just so he isn't "Bored" with just sitting around. I mean sitting around sounds good at first but when it comes down to it you wanna work and keep busy and most of the time that old guy does better work than the younger guys who could be physically stronger but lack the experience. I think he will play until nobody wants him or he is hurt so bad he can't play. So forget when he says he is retired he isn't deal with it.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 08-20-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 PM

Whats with all the hate? The guy loves to play the game and doesn't want to retire, never did. He was forced to retire in Green Bay and wanted to go to Minnesota. The Packers would not trade him to a division rival so he went to NY for one season so that he could eventually got to the Vikings. He has now reached his goal of getting to the Vikings. The problem is the media blowing the whole thing out of proportion and all of you jumping on the media hype hate bandwagon. I agree he is being selfish by skipping training camp, which is the reason he was saying we would not play this year.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 PM

And if I someday retire and then a company says hey come work for us for 2 years and we'll give you $25 million... You can bet your butt I'd be going back to work for 2 more years and so would any of you. So what's with everyone being a hypocrit? It's not like he murdered your dog...

Old 08-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
And if I someday retire and then a company says hey come work for us for 2 years and we'll give you $25 million... You can bet your butt I'd be going back to work for 2 more years and so would any of you. So what's with everyone being a hypocrit? It's not like he murdered your dog...
Amen!

Old 08-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nocturnx
it's not like he murdered your dog...
zing!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 PM

To my neighbors in minnesota, by week 5 you will be used to screaming at the tv when favre is about to throw deep. That play only has 2 outcomes, and 95% of the time it won't be the one you want.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by saigashooter
To my neighbors in minnesota, by week 5 you will be used to screaming at the tv when favre is about to throw deep. That play only has 2 outcomes, and 95% of the time it won't be the one you want.
that's fine with me as long as that other 5% is when he's burning the packers secondary otherwise, AP will be running wild. it's win win!!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM

He mustuv gotten Alzhamsters!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Default Brett

sold him my last go fast boat at the begining of the summer Talk about a *** hole
took him 3 weeks to pay
1st photo Boat i sold
2nd photo my New triple eng 42 w/3 525's

Attached Thumbnails brett farve is back!! what a dumb ass-user103_pic224_1236876739_thumb.jpg   brett farve is back!! what a dumb ass-1786547_3.jpg   brett farve is back!! what a dumb ass-1786547_9.jpg  

Quick Reply: brett farve is back!! what a dumb ass