Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Body Kit vs No Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:17 PM
1 Year Member
Default Body Kit vs No Body Kit

Hey everyone, so I think I'm going to start doing some more visual stuff to my car before I get into some more performance mods on my Mustang. I wanted to post here to get peoples opinions who aren't "mustang" people.

So first off the front bumper needs replaced along with my rocker panels thanks to the previous owner. I also want to replace the wing because I like more of a ducktail style than the stock wing that comes on the GT.

Now I'm looking at 2 different options. One is this kit

Ford Mustang Body Kit, 05-09 Mustang C-Series Kit - Cervini's

I would also do these lights with it. Mustang Tail Light Conversion Kit, 05-09 Mustang Kits - Cervini's Auto Designs

And the second option is going with just a Roush front bumper and rocker panels and a GT500 rear bumper as well as a GT500 ducktail spoiler.

What does everyone think? I like the cervinis kit because my goal for this build is to old school. My exhaust and cam choices were deliberately chosen to give it that old school flare. I want it to have the looks as well but I don't want it to be tacky or ricey. I will post some pics down below if you guys don't want to hunt around for what all I have talked about. Thanks

Cervini's kit

Roush front bumpers and rocker panels

GT500 rear bumper and spoiler

Last edited by iMuf; 08-30-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hands down the Cervini kit. The side skirts are awesome looking, pending you plan on putting the exhaust out the side like done in the pics. I also agree with the ducktail wing and it will definitely set you apart from the rest.

I know in my area there are a lot of mustangs and sadly the majority of them pretty much look the same, just different colored racing stripes, not many of them have the body kits, and when they do have them, they really stand out in the crowd

Old 08-30-2014, 06:26 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Hands down the Cervini kit. The side skirts are awesome looking, pending you plan on putting the exhaust out the side like done in the pics. I also agree with the ducktail wing and it will definitely set you apart from the rest.

I know in my area there are a lot of mustangs and sadly the majority of them pretty much look the same, just different colored racing stripes, not many of them have the body kits, and when they do have them, they really stand out in the crowd
That body kit actually comes with the full side exhaust which is nice.

That is how it is here, you see a lot of mustangs but they are virtually stock other than an exhaust (most of the time).

I'm leaning towards the Cervini's kit just because it is old school and it is different.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 AM

I have always been one to prefer the 'stripped' down simplistic look more. A unique color that grabs attention with nice rims etc. Only functional items added. That is just me though. One of the reasons I liked the 2008 bullet addition Mustang. Strong stance that looks mean while being minimalist. Just my opinion though. Also I live in the land of potholes and they eat body kits and low profile tires.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Cervini kit all the way!!

Old 09-02-2014, 04:56 AM

not fond of bodykits myself. people keep tryin to sell kits for my monte lol

Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with cervini, looks sick!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am with everyone else, the cervini body kit. Around here is the samething with mustangs all looking the same. It seems like everyone and there mother has a mustang.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Hi `Kyle,
I'd just `do what `YOU like best & can afford $

I've learned not to let a car own me & not have the $'s to maintain or to enjoy the journey of life....

It's stressful to not have the $'s to enjoy a super ride or go places that you would enjoy...(Just my thoughts) I just share what I think (lol)

Oh, let us know what you decide & keep us updated.
I love this MCF & that other member's respect each other no matter what type of ride they have or drive...

Thanks Kyle for all your posts & thanks member's for being you (No Thrash Talk) on the MCF

Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM

I have always liked the roush rear with the spoiler, or even the saleen. Have you considered looking at a sherrod body kit?