Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Big day for women into cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This thread has turned completely weird. It's time to just let it go.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ILL SHOW YOU WEIRD!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Montess2k

Ones that know nothing about cars, have a stock Hyundai and no idea about cars but come out to shows, mostly to get attention and meet guys....these girls I really don't respect as being in the car hobby.

Joe
Omg I know what you mean. It's freaking annoying and insulting in a way. Or you get girls who buy cars that are already modded & get attention that way. But nice words Joe & I lovee those cars that you posted!

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
By teasing one woman who is successful in the car industry, you were therefore attacking all girls who are serious about the car hobby and profession to Brittany.
Nailed it right on the head...couldn't have said it any better...

& that is true with the competition thing, or at least with me it is. I'm willing to threw someone apart in order to win most of the time

Thanks for the encouragement & apologizes. Just like Duane said, you going off on her and what not made it sound like you were dissing all girls who are involved in the car industry. That's the first thing that came to mind, it didn't matter if you guys were intentionally attacking me or not (& if you were, all hell would've broke loose & I probably would've been banned from defending myself)

Old 01-26-2011, 07:33 AM

Looks like high belt lines are here to stay, and not just on the cars.

I do wish her luck though. I see she has worked on the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia*, both are soccer mom mobiles I'm afraid.

She also wants vehicles with more compelling exterior designs, the latest technology, and she promises to work with manufacturing and parts supply companies to boost quality.** Thats a good thing, but is it more than just talk like her predecessors?

She was a quality inspector for the 1980 Grand Prix and Likes to watch soccer and hockey with her Kids *** Oh crap, first suvs and now soccer? I like hockey though, thats interesting.

*http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/20/news...arra/index.htm
**http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/a...-speed-quality
***http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...N/309139939/-1

Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by saigashooter
Looks like high belt lines are here to stay, and not just on the cars.

I do wish her luck though. I see she has worked on the Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia*, both are soccer mom mobiles I'm afraid.

She also wants vehicles with more compelling exterior designs, the latest technology, and she promises to work with manufacturing and parts supply companies to boost quality.** Thats a good thing, but is it more than just talk like her predecessors?

She was a quality inspector for the 1980 Grand Prix and Likes to watch soccer and hockey with her Kids *** Oh crap, first suvs and now soccer? I like hockey though, thats interesting.

*http://money.cnn.com/2011/01/20/news...arra/index.htm
**http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/a...-speed-quality
***http://www.autonews.com/article/2010...N/309139939/-1

If someone is the head of the design department, I suppose the way he/she dresses in public could be a valid concern. If I'm the head of product developement, and all I wear is hippie tie-dye clothes, don't be surprised if I design a car to match.

But with that said. I would hope that Mary Barra being around the auto industry for a while, would know that big gas guzzling SUV's aren't popular like they used to be. Which explains why GM's latest offerings are the Cruze, and the Volt. I think she's intelligent enough to know what sells right now. And hopefully put out cars that people will want to buy. I really don't think she would be around this long if she didn't know what she was doing.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:14 PM

I wouldn't mind trying out a Volt as a daily driver/work car.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
She looks a little like Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s sister that you see in those Nationwide commercials.
thats the same thing i was thinking. she does look like Kelley Earnhardt. and trust me i would be so much more into cars if i had the money to mod them. theres so much i want to do to my monte but absolutely no money to make any of it happen. i was always the girl in school that got made fun of for liking cars and nascar but it didnt bother me none, it was what i liked to do and it made me happy so why not.

Last edited by bambi88; 01-27-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
If someone is the head of the design department, I suppose the way he/she dresses in public could be a valid concern. If I'm the head of product developement, and all I wear is hippie tie-dye clothes, don't be surprised if I design a car to match.

But with that said. I would hope that Mary Barra being around the auto industry for a while, would know that big gas guzzling SUV's aren't popular like they used to be. Which explains why GM's latest offerings are the Cruze, and the Volt. I think she's intelligent enough to know what sells right now. And hopefully put out cars that people will want to buy. I really don't think she would be around this long if she didn't know what she was doing.
I have to say, as generic as the profile of the Cruze looks, it does have a nice looking front end, though i really wish it had a nice turbo 4 with adw/rwd or a supercharged 6 with rwd/awd setup. Eco cars are great, but i would like something capable of fun too. seems to me that with VVT, turbos and 6+ speed transmissions we should be able to reach a nice compromise.

Volvo has announced a 6 speed Electric diesel hybrid. the new hybrid system packs a turbocharged 2.4-liter five-cylinder diesel engine, putting 215 horsepower and 324 pounds-feet of torque to the front wheels. Now thats a hybrid I wouldnt mind having!