Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Big day for women into cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 05:55 AM

Dear Brittany,

I am sorry if you believed that I, or member's were attacking you or your Monte Carlo in any of the posts. I reread all the posts & I did not see where any member(s) attack you or your Monte
Carlo. We were just having some fun with GM's new Product Chief position.

Maybe we are just insecure because a lady got the position from a `man : )
One less `job for `us ~> the ladies won : )
I don't believe any member posted anything personally against you & I'm
sorry that you interpreted it that way 4-Sure.

I don't think anyone directed any of their words towards you, but only to the subject of your posted thread. I am sorry that you were offended & I don't believe that was the intent of anyone of our member's that posted.

I am guilty for trying to have `fun and trying to post words that will make member's laugh & 4-get about all the stress that is in our World : ) I really try my best to never hurt anyone with my words or post. I really did not believe you would be so sensitive, and I am really sorry that you believed we were attacking you or your Monte Carlo...That was not the intent 4-Sure...

What Matters Most
Is How You See
Yourself!
or
Your AweSome Monte Carlo

"No one can make you feel inferior without
your permission" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Why then do we, all too often, give our permission and allow others to make us feel badly about ourselves? Remember, painful as it may be to admit, they are not doing it to us, we are allowing them.

We are in all types of 'relationships'; be they personal, professional or social, with people who we allow to diminish our own sense of self worth. In fact, we often seem to seek out these 'types'. Why?

We need to be honest with ourselves and identify the patterns of how we let these people into our lives, worse yet, once we realize their toxic effect, allow them to stay. Whether we have done so consciously or unconsciously, out of a sense of duty or obligation, the results are still the same: we feel poorly about ourselves and are unhappy. We must stop seeing ourselves through their eyes and begin to see ourselves as the best person we can be.

I suggest we allow it no more. Now is the time to learn to give ourselves permission to think, feel and do 'better'. This is the essence of 'Positive Adaptation'. Please look at the picture above once more and then you decide who do you want to be, the cat, the lion or a healthy combination of the two.

I am not suggesting that what others think or say to and about us may not offer some valuable insights. What I am saying is that first we must consider the source. Do they really have our best interests at heart? If so, wonderful, if not, we ought to stop listening immediately.

We need to discover who we are and who we are not, who we want to become and what are our true needs and wants are. What will make us think and feel 'better' about ourselves? What can we do to find ourselves living 'happier', more satisfying lives, enjoying mutually satisfying relationships.

It may sound like a daunting task however this is the only way to break our old, unhealthy patterns, once and for all. The answers lie within all of us.

Let us stop giving our permission to others to feel like inferior beings. Instead, let us begin to give permission to ourselves to think, feel and do our way into being the best we know we can be.

FYI: I see myself as both a cat and a lion, it depends on what the situation calls for. I am adaptable.

What matters most is how you see yourself
=========================================
If you would like this thread deleted, we shall comply and I shall be more careful when I respond to your future posts.

Wish you & member's a Happy `Day, and please let us learn & move on down our highways...4 we are a Monte Carlo Family and are a very diverse group 4-Sure.

PEACE ~>`Out

Attached Thumbnails Big day for women into cars!-cat-lion.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 01-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guys whats wrong with you. always give someone a chance no matter who it is.
I have seen a lot of stupid mistake done by us guys take Pontiac going away
Brittany you keep right on pushing.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have to take Brittany's side on this,

I think it's great when Girls get into the car hobby, by me there are two types of girls into the hobby.

Ones that know nothing about cars, have a stock Hyundai and no idea about cars but come out to shows, mostly to get attention and meet guys....these girls I really don't respect as being in the car hobby.

Reversly there are plunty of girls that come out by me, who are very interested in the hobby, they run 9 second gto's and 10 second Vettes. They get genuinely excited when it's time to race and do burnouts and they can really drive there A$$ off..those are the ones that get respect, and honestly I'd have no quam with any of these being in charge of any GM product.

To me it comes down to person, if they are genuinly interested in the car hobby then I think they can produce a great product....but of they are just another person in a suit looking to make a buck that's when we get bad products...regardless of male/female it doesn't matter to me...GM Has been run predominantly by men all these years, and look how well that's done, it's time to start letting go of some stereo types of females only wanting slow minivans...

Girls Cars:

Heavily Modded & Cammed Vette:

Those are just some, I could be here all day posting pics of bad a$$ rides driven by Bad A$$ , so keeping doing what your doing Brit, your not alone out there!

Joe

Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Guys whats wrong with you, always give someone a chance no matter who it is.
I have seen a lot of stupid mistake done by us guys take Pontiac going away
Brittany you keep right on pushing.
Good point Mel.

A guy at GM thought this car was a good idea...

The 1986 to 1988 Chevy Nova. 1.6 litre engine, 74 horsepower.
(it was a re-badged Toyota)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevy_N...2.80.931988.29

I want to see what Mary Barra can do for GM's line-up. The Impala and a few other models are almost due for a complete re-design. And as you already read in this thread, Moderator Todd and I are not overly impressed with GM's current line-up. Bring it on.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:59 AM

Subject change is good 4-Sure....I don't care if aliens @ GM builts them, just make us another Super Monte Carlo that we can afford...Thank You...

I do like the new Caddy ZR`1 Coupe, but sure can't afford one.
It's contained on the below article, plus other future/present GM vehicles...EnJoy

2011 General Motors Future Cars

What's Right Around the Corner for Buick, Cadillac, GMC and Chevy
From Motor Trend

A year ago, General Motors filed for bankruptcy and installed a revolving door on the office of the CEO. Pontiac and Saturn are gone. Hummer is on its way to Chinese ownership. Saab remains in limbo and is likely to be liquidated soon.

A year ago, Nissan and Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn said, "In tough times, you have to look at and adjust your product-development programs, but you can't just stop. Because then, when things return to normal, you have nothing to come to market with. The one thing certain about the future is that people will continue to be driving cars." People are in fact still driving, and GM is preparing to roll out some quite interesting, relevant, and well-developed products.

Among other things, it is working hard to fill in the blanks in Buick's lineup as it also prepares to launch the much-ballyhooed and all-important Chevrolet Volt. Here's the skinny on the significant new products from The General that are just around the turn of a calendar's page.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |Next

Old 01-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry Space, but I have to disagree with you on the Corvette based Caddy coupe. Just my taste, but I just don't like the look of it. I can't afford either one. But if I could, I'd take the Corvette over the Caddy. That's one of the models I'm hoping they re-design.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:07 AM

That's `Ok Lou, that's why GM mades so many models, for so many different people of all generations....I just happen to be one that can't afford any of their new products....., but I even like the base Caddy with the 3.6L...
Maybe a used one in my distant future ? I hope I still have a future ? What `if...I better go party `now...
Human being are inherently fragile We must EnJoy our `Journey now....I just think it's so much better in a Monte Carlo
I still desire a great used/maintained Monte Carlo...
================================
GM unveils 2 cars - 2012 Chevrolet Sonic, 2012 Buick Verano - to draw younger buyers. It's not draw'in `me : (

http://www.azcentral.com/business/co...auto-show.html

click 2 view

Last edited by Space; 01-22-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:10 AM

No apologies here, my comments were not directed towards the OP and my thoughts are what they are.

I did fuel the flame with some of the off handed comments..... But come on, some of them were pretty darn funny and would have been deleted if they were against forum policy or found to be insulting to the masses.

I've been in the automotive business for a while now and have met/worked with several female technicians that could/will out wrench any guy; but lets be honest, these are far and few between.

GM is smart in their decision, this will appeal to the masses and GM will sell more cars with design influences catered to women. Let's face it, most if not all family vehicle purchasing decisions are heavily influenced by the female partner. I could not tell you how many times my wife and I have gone car shopping where I run over to the fastest sportiest vehicle on the lot wagging my tail like a little puppy dog waiting for a treat only to be taken down a few notches by my wife ringing the lets be practical bell. The male partner will have very little to say in most cases with a purchase of this nature.

Look for more practicality and less sport/speed inspiration from GM as has been the case with GM for some time now.

To the OP: Life is full of constructive and not so constructive criticism, form your own opinion and spend less time analyzing the not so constructive criticism, it will consume you otherwise.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:00 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ha. I'd much rather have to race a guy than a girl at a drag strip. Girls have something to prove that guys don't. They can be pretty aggressive and intimidating. The girls are always on that defensive. Women tend to fight more together than men do... an attack on one woman was an attack on all. By teasing one woman who is successful in the car industry, you were therefore attacking all girls who are serious about the car hobby and profession to Brittany.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:57 PM

I have no issues about a female having the top job. most of my bosses have been. who ever is the best for the job should get it. I was just posting a not so clever joke.

Quick Reply: Big day for women into cars!