Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Big day for women into cars!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh, what can I add. I think Teacher & 'Space expressed what I'm thinking well. I don't want any feelings hurt by what I said, but I stop short of an apology. This turned into a great thread, and it kinda turned negative and now I don't wanna post here anymore. If this thread wasn't meant to address gender then it could have been titled different, but whatever. I supposed pics of pink cars didn't help anything, but I never went there.

I'd like to say that I think this industry has been waiting with baited breath for women to step up into it. The success of women in the automotive industry is hindered most by the lack of interest that women show. Britney in particular is an example of this, as I consider her one of the more popular forum members. And a fantastic forum member! I wish more girls were so interested. I have always welcome girls here and in my shop when I ran one (I can assure you, I received 1 resume from a girl for every 100 male resumes - and the girl was always at least interviewed)

Accepting, embracing and even joking about a womens feminism is not an attempt to repress her in this industry. Its just the way guys welcome somebody, regardless of gender. A women does not have to be just like a man to "make it" (i.e. review my position on Danica Patrick)

Edit: And you should here me go off if a wooly mammoth ever got the job of Production Chief

Last edited by JuniorCar; 01-22-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
GM Taps First Woman as Product Development Chief

woooo hooo! That's awesome! Here's the rest of the story!

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work...eer-leadership
i cant believe she does all this from the kitchen! amazing woman!!

but seriously, it doesnt matter to me who runs what. all that matters to me is that they exceed expectations while in that position and actually listen to customer feedback and design strategy to do so.

i dont like that people get excited about irrelevant things, like a woman running things, a black president, or a woman president. i only care how they perform and if they serve the people, not their wallets or the company's wallet.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 PM

I'm sorry this thread turned out this way, but not sorry for anything I said.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Edit: And you should here me go off if a wooly mammoth ever got the job of Production Chief
Hahaha, I love your posts man!

Originally Posted by 02LS
i cant believe she does all this from the kitchen! amazing woman!!

but seriously, it doesnt matter to me who runs what. all that matters to me is that they exceed expectations while in that position and actually listen to customer feedback and design strategy to do so.

i dont like that people get excited about irrelevant things, like a woman running things, a black president, or a woman president. i only care how they perform and if they serve the people, not their wallets or the company's wallet.
Hahaha, and well put.

The way this thread turned out, I am so glad I didn't post the "Bloody Red Appearance Package" as I originally wanted.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You guys ALL crack me up!!!
Brittney, I DO hope you can take this all in fun! And those of you dishing it out, thanks for taking it, also!

Now for this subject, how about a side note. We have an '07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, a HOT Agressive Red roadster. 350HP from a 2.0L. And WHO was the HEAD designer of this little fireball? Vicki Vlachakis. The question was "Is the designer hotter than the car she designed?"
http://jalopnik.com/235866/jalopnik-...ntiac-solstice

It's a SHAME about Pontiac. BUT, IF this Mary is as talented as it APPEARS she is, (running GM's product development from her kitchen? I don't care WHO you are, THAT'S funny!) then GOOD FOR GM! MAYBE that's what GM needs to compete, more women in "top" positions in the staff.

I just gotta wonder if she had anything to do with Chevrolet dumping Daewoo???

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm speechless..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:38 PM

Damn she's hot.

That's all i gotta say.

Can she cook?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

She may have been able to at one tmie. But unless it's just some fancy hobby, I'm sure that woman has enough money to not have to worry about cooking, cleaning, or any other stereotypical 50's housewife chore you can throw on her.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 01-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:51 PM

oh gawd, lol

Old 01-23-2011, 08:14 AM

50 Most Powerful Women in Business

FORTUNE's annual ranking of America's leading businesswomen

And the winners are...

It was a year of expansion for the women on our list. Several, including PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi, pulled off big acquisitions, while thirteen others earned big promotions. More
  1. Indra Nooyi
  2. Irene Rosenfeld
  3. Patricia Woertz
  4. Angela Braly
  5. Andrea Jung
See the top 50
  1. Oprah Winfrey
  2. Ellen Kullman
  3. Ginni Rometty
  4. Ursula Burns
  5. Carol Bartz

Most Powerful Women Summit Clinton: China lost faith in U.S.
Secretary of State says there is skepticism about the reliability of the U.S. financial system. More
Pepsi's plan to conquer the world
Indra Nooyi discusses Pepsi's global plans in China, India and Russia. More

Quick Reply: Big day for women into cars!