Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Bi-Monthly Photo Contest "Bridges"

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 12:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I was determined to drive my car across some wood and I found it! This is The Ausable Road Bridge in Kerwood Ontario.

Over a hundred years old and it looks, sounds and feels it. Have you driven across something like this before? The boards are not even fastened down, just lain across. They are rotted and warped and they bounce and crackle.

I tried to capture the feeling hanging my camera phone out the window:
http://vid979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/BudChev/Mobile%20Uploads/MOV_0246.mp4

I had fun playing on this remote bridge and driving across it. Scared the **** out of my daughter in the back seat. Our lives probably really were in danger. But while I was stopped on the bridge shooting, a local came driving along in an big old '70 Ford Pickup. I scrambled to get back into the car and out of his way. As I pulled to the side he pulled up and assured me that I should take my time. He explained that he was a local and trying to "Save the Bridge". As he happened along he actually thanked me for enjoying the bridge! I set up on the bridge again after he left, then his mother came by in a Jeep 15 minute later and gave me the same pitch. This place was well off the beaten path along a single lane gravel road and I'm pretty sure that this was a local family who'd known that bridge for generations. It must have been the damnedest thing to happen along a Dale Jr Monte Carlo replica on it one day. I bet that never happened even once before in the bridge's 111 year existence.

I have more pics that I'll share later, but this one is my submission. I'm happy to have been part of one more story of the old Ausable Road Bridge and had a chance to share it here on The Monte Carlo Forum.
?This one looks like it was from an Indiana Jones movie.
Pretty scary for sure.
When I get to these type of Bridges they have been in a flood and the wing walls or approaches are compromised. Time to put up a barricade that says keep off. But it was a kool shot for sure.

Old 07-15-2016, 04:22 AM
Thumbs up Thanks Brent, Mod's and Member's

Hi Brent, you are making this contest better by your enthusiasm and research into a location of a special bridge for your Bud Chevy Monte Carlo to appear on.

Like your selected Bridge with a great history....(If the bridge could only talk ? (Listen) ?

Looking 4ward to seeing all member submission(s) of pictures
*Thanks Member's for keeping your MCF fun/informative & active >

Old 07-16-2016, 02:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Only 2 submissions? There is still time to get in on this. Go take a pic right now!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:19 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I will get the voting started on this tomorrow.