Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Best Place 2 Live/Drive a Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Best Place 2 Live/Drive a Monte Carlo ?

[align=center]
Charlotte Ascends as Top Place to Live
Relocate-America.com ranks top 100 cities in its annual list[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
[align=center]Second on this year's list was San Antonio, Texas, which people praised for its cost of living, recreational opportunities and diversity, he said. Chattanooga, Tenn., came in third place, noted for its vibrant downtown and affordable home prices in the nominations. Below are the top 10 cities in Relocate-America.com's 2008 list:

1. Charlotte, N.C.
2. San Antonio, Texas
3. Chattanooga, Tenn.
4. Greenville, S.C.
5. Tulsa, Okla.
6. Stevens Point, Wis.
7. Asheville, N.C.
8. Albuquerque, N.M.
9. Huntsville, Ala.
10. Seattle, Wash.
[/align][align=center][X(]Florida didn't make the list [X(][/align][align=center]We party to much/crime is increasing/& Space lives there : )[/align][align=center]Source Link & More below link[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/charlotte-ascends-as-top-place-to-live/20080515160609990001?icid=1615984953x1202945870x12 00307245[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Member's, where do you think the best/safest place[/align][align=center]is in North America ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Post `it, Share `it, Let us know [/align][align=center]Must have great roads to drive the Monte Carlo : )[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center]Your turn ~ Sound `Off [:-][/align]

Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Default RE: Best Place 2 Live/Drive a Monte Carlo ?

well myrtle beach sure isnt the safest place by a long shot but its a nice place to drive. you have the boulevard to cruize and show off while at the same time feeling the offshore breeze. and you have country roads not far away, and most of the roads are in good shape. so all in all id give myrtle a 7 outta 10

Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

too much salt mist at any beach.

'Space... i find it quite ironic Charlotte made the list.. it was named the 8th Most Miserable place ot live not long ago... not 6 months by another survery. The reason was due to congestion in traffic, taxes, and night life. I've always liked Charlotte. My dad used to have a dedicated run down there every day though... if you hit it at the right ours it was alright. Beautiful skyline, good NFL team.

The city near me however, Raleigh, was named the best city to live in by another survey because of low taxes, cost of living index, and a very reasonable housing market.

O'well.... different surverys, different results.

Thansk for posting

Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: gpd®

[align=center]
GPD®.com's 2008 list:

0. East Los Angeles, CA
[/align][align=center]1. Charlotte, N.C.
2. San Antonio, Texas
3. Chattanooga, Tenn.
4. Greenville, S.C.
5. Tulsa, Okla.
6. Stevens Point, Wis.
7. Asheville, N.C.
8. Albuquerque, N.M.
9. Huntsville, Ala.
10. Seattle, Wash.
[/align][align=center][/align]
Much, much, better.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:03 PM

I beg to differ on the list havign San Antonio on it at all for the best place to drive.
I work on thier roads around here and belive me when you have 6 lanes of rush hour and nobody can drive to save thier collective ***** it is not a great place to drive.

cos tof living is not to bad. not great but not bad. just cant make enough money to affored to live here. the houseing here is WAY TO MUCH for what you get dollar for dollar.

We are actually looking at the houses right nwoand still in debate on weather or not to move out of TX. all togeather for greener pastures (Litterly)
I want land. i want to hunt in my own back yard. and i want a shop of my own she can have the kitchen and the gradge on the house but i wan tthe pole barn or other out building that is beig enough that i can use it and still get agood lock for the door of it.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Members for your post/comments/lists,
I really enjoy reading what's happening where you live.
Since I've never been `out of the state of Florida, I take many
Web Trips all over our World.
It's great to read what you think about where you are/live : )
Mod `Mickey, you should just move `up to Ohio & move in
with R.J. (He has a Big House/Big Auto Storage Bldg/etc.
I also want what Mickey dreams of: Lots of land with a pond/river, go kart track : )
motor cross/big garage/hunting : ) naked women work'in the garden : )
1/4 miles track = = = = "2 dare, 2 dream"
My grandfather's quote 2 `Space
"Dreams are where we want to `go & work is how you get there" `amen
EnJoy your `Journey, `Space

Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mod Mickey.. every city over about 150,000 people is just like that i think... i've yet to see one that wasn't. now some are worse than others, but overall, big cities = pain in the @$$ driving conditions.

Those are great words of wisdom 'Space. A man like you wuld really enjoy a trip around the United States.

I've seen 20 of the states and a province of Canada at only 18 years old. I feel lucky sometimes, but sometimes I forget how fortunate I am to have seen waht I have and want to see more Sometimes I even forget the palces I've been to. This one time somebdoy was talking about Wisconsin... I said "I don't believe I've ever been there..." a minute later I remembered.. "I HAVE BEEN TO WISCONSIN!!!! and forgot!!!!!"

Old 05-24-2008, 08:56 PM

i have see all 48 lower states and can. and also some of Mexico.
And i have to honestly say that i have loved every bit of it but the one i thought was the best to just see and nto want to live in would have to be Alaska just do to teh bone chilling cold.
other then that it is everythign i would ever want. wild life,hunting,fishing, remote etc....

Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

From what I hear, the east side of this state land is a lot cheaper versus the Dayton& I-75 side.

A Chevy Talk member moved back to OH a year or two ago. He bought like 7 acers for next to nothing. (if you compare prices around here)

But you don't have a Wal-Mart on every corner like this side of the state does. (like that would hurt my feelings any)