Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Banned from Another Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not trying to be a sh*t disturber Gregg. Really. But I think Brock might be on to something. Yes, travelling at high speeds is dangerous no matter what or where you are. But technically going 90 in a Blazer, by yourself, down a deserted back road isn't really racing. It's speeding.

Semantics? Maybe. But if it's just him in his truck and nobody else. No other cars. A cop would most likely consider it speeding. Now if he had a car next to him that he was actually racing against, THAT'S a whole different story.

As for the Blazer being top heavy, yes you're right. But he wasn't doing a slalom obstacle course going 90.

Something else to discuss...

What would be more dangerous? Going 90 in a Blazer (straight line), or 150+ in a Camaro/Challenger?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
U R bad! You should be banned for lousy camera work! j/k. Sorta. Could use some image stabilization...

Welcome to the MCF!

Now that was funny.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
What would be more dangerous? Going 90 in a Blazer (straight line), or 150+ in a Camaro/Challenger?
Probably depends on the rubber on the car. I'm thinking the Blazer is more likely to lose control

Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
But the staff here will most likely remove the forum name from the offending post, or remove the entire post if necessary. It's not a personal thing with you specifically. It's to avoid any forum wars starting up between forums. When forums start wars with each other, everyone loses.
Forum wars are a disaster. Been there, done that. So I did modify the thread name, along with basically removing that admin's name from some of the threads. If someone wants to put 2+2 together, they still can easily figure out what forum it was. Got no problem with the thread, just with forum bashing.

BTW, welcome to the MCF forum. Hope you can find a nice BLACK M.C. that suits your needs.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I'm pretty sure he said the other forum was a Volkswagon forum. Let's go to war!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

I'm pretty sure he said the other forum was a Volkswagon forum. Let's go to war!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Taz
Love it

Old 01-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Didn't know a blazer could go that fast, must of had a good back windj/k

Old 01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
That kitty is going to get a DWI with all that Jack he's sitting on

Old 01-29-2012, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
You are correct, you don't have to worry about a baby stroller. What about a dog or deer or wild hog that crosses the road while you are racing down that stretch of road. You hit it or you swerve to avoid it. Either way it will have catastrophic results. Race tracks have fences and barriers for more reasons than to keep the non paying spectators out. They also create for a 100% controlled environment with the only uncontrolled factor being the driver and the car. Even on a deserted country road there are too many factors that can't be controlled to be racing. I was a kid once too and street raced once and another time took my car out onto a stretch of I-89 in northern Vermont to see if my 67 Plymouth Fury could bury its 125 MPH speedometer. Neither of those were smart decisions.i understand the thrill and excitement and at 19 years old you don't think about what can go wrong. Every teen that dies in a car crash will tell you ten minutes before that nothing bad will happen. Think about Telling that to the parents of the dead teen the next time you think about racing or excessively exceeding the speed limit.
And yet, you still haven't understood that I pose threat to no one except myself.

Probably depends on the rubber on the car. I'm thinking the Blazer is more likely to lose control
The Blazer's rubber is just fine, lol. It had wide tires too.
Originally Posted by zenloser
Didn't know a blazer could go that fast, must of had a good back windj/k
They're actually quite fast. 190 hp, 250 lb-ft of torque and 3200 lbs.

Last edited by brendan127; 01-29-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Banned from Another Forum