Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Banned from Another Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
Hey! Don't hate! It's a fast truck, especially for just under 9 seconds to get to 60.
lol, just busting your chops man one of my buddie's had a '99 in high school with the 4.3 and an auto trans, they really are snotty little trucks ( i wish my ranger had a 4.3, lol)

Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Welcome to the site! I don't think we ever banned anyone here
Well, that's obviously not true. But I think you were joking anyway.

Here on MCF, we discourage street racing on public streets. But your video was clearly on a backroad with no traffic around. It's not like you were going down main street during rush hour.

I liked your video. Watching the speedo climb up was cool. I just wish you could see the road ahead also.

Not to sound like a typical admin sticking up for another site's admin. But please try not to trash another site (or their staff) by name. It is one of our rules here. I'm not going to ban you for it. But the staff here will most likely remove the forum name from the offending post, or remove the entire post if necessary. It's not a personal thing with you specifically. It's to avoid any forum wars starting up between forums. When forums start wars with each other, everyone loses.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Well, that's obviously not true. But I think you were joking anyway.

Here on MCF, we discourage street racing on public streets. But your video was clearly on a backroad with no traffic around. It's not like you were going down main street during rush hour.

I liked your video. Watching the speedo climb up was cool. I just wish you could see the road ahead also.

Not to sound like a typical admin sticking up for another site's admin. But please try not to trash another site (or their staff) by name. It is one of our rules here. I'm not going to ban you for it. But the staff here will most likely remove the forum name from the offending post, or remove the entire post if necessary. It's not a personal thing with you specifically. It's to avoid any forum wars starting up between forums. When forums start wars with each other, everyone loses.
I actually left part of his name out, and sorry I'll try not to do it again. :P I thought it was pretty cool while doing it :P Also, I don't race other cars, usually anyways, only if they;re revving at me when I'm at a stoplight :P

Old 01-28-2012, 10:20 PM

It didnt look like you even got to 90!!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
By your own admission it was a deserted street not a closed course. You couldn't control who was or was not on that street. You imposed danger to anyone who could have used that roadway. You were only lucky in the fact that you had the road to yourself and that nothing went wrong.

If you can look ahead for 3 miles, with no intersections, and see no cars, its not like a baby stroller is going to coast out from behind a light pole.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
If you can look ahead for 3 miles, with no intersections, and see no cars, its not like a baby stroller is going to coast out from behind a light pole.
You are correct, you don't have to worry about a baby stroller. What about a dog or deer or wild hog that crosses the road while you are racing down that stretch of road. You hit it or you swerve to avoid it. Either way it will have catastrophic results. Race tracks have fences and barriers for more reasons than to keep the non paying spectators out. They also create for a 100% controlled environment with the only uncontrolled factor being the driver and the car. Even on a deserted country road there are too many factors that can't be controlled to be racing. I was a kid once too and street raced once and another time took my car out onto a stretch of I-89 in northern Vermont to see if my 67 Plymouth Fury could bury its 125 MPH speedometer. Neither of those were smart decisions.i understand the thrill and excitement and at 19 years old you don't think about what can go wrong. Every teen that dies in a car crash will tell you ten minutes before that nothing bad will happen. Think about Telling that to the parents of the dead teen the next time you think about racing or excessively exceeding the speed limit.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
You are correct, you don't have to worry about a baby stroller. What about a dog or deer or wild hog that crosses the road while you are racing down that stretch of road. You hit it or you swerve to avoid it. Either way it will have catastrophic results. Race tracks have fences and barriers for more reasons than to keep the non paying spectators out. They also create for a 100% controlled environment with the only uncontrolled factor being the driver and the car. Even on a deserted country road there are too many factors that can't be controlled to be racing. I was a kid once too and street raced once and another time took my car out onto a stretch of I-89 in northern Vermont to see if my 67 Plymouth Fury could bury its 125 MPH speedometer. Neither of those were smart decisions.i understand the thrill and excitement and at 19 years old you don't think about what can go wrong. Every teen that dies in a car crash will tell you ten minutes before that nothing bad will happen. Think about Telling that to the parents of the dead teen the next time you think about racing or excessively exceeding the speed limit.
I understand, but not even tracks are a fully controlled environment, and when you are racing on a road if you are actually paying attention to your surroundings. I've seen a cobra smoke a deer at 120mph on a race track. It's hard to say any racing is safe. I don't say you should street race, and if you can go to a track, but going 90 in a blazer is about the farthest thing from racing you can get.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gregg i think you're putting out way to many "what ifs" like enzo said above, no environment can be 100% controlled. Anything could happen...

Old 01-29-2012, 01:37 AM

Keane and Enzo you are both correct in saying that calamity can happen on a race track too. A few years back the NASCAR boys nailed a seagull at 200 mph at Daytona and I think it shattered the windshield, not to mention it didn't do the bird any good either. You bring up a good point which gives more credence to my point. If these things occur on a race track that is as controlled as one can get then why on earth would you attempt the same thing on a road where little is controlled?
A Blazer at 90, are you nuts? Unless your talking about the Typhoon or the Syclone which ever it was, the center of gravity is too high to be doing any high speed maneuver with this vehicle. I guess between my age and the fact that I work in a mechanical field, I understand everything that can go wrong and the dire consequences that occur when they do. A failure of a wheel bearing, ball joint, tire, universal joint, dropping oil on a tire, all spell disaster and that is just a small list of failures on the car. I could go on forever.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:30 AM

Welcome Brendan to our Monte Carlo Family
We are sorry that you had a problem on your previous forum.
We have some super/super member's & I don't think
you will have any problems here `if you comply to the simple rules of our forum.
I hope that you have taken the time to read them.
I have to constantly remind myself of them
Enjoy the MCF

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Give Respect - Get Respect
4-Sure
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^^^^^

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Welcome to the site! I don't think we ever banned anyone here