Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Auto Accidents : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Auto Accidents : (

[align=center]Talking on a Cell Phone Accidents[/align][align=center][:-]Click Image [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/C1D99E12FAC7490483D6DE19E24D6527.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for auto accidents [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/c...ent_photo.html[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I go to above type sites to remind me to slow down & drive defensively [/align][align=center]I've had major loses from auto accidents[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Ten Driving Tips [/align]
Virtually all Americans think they are "above average" or "average" drivers. (The four percent that are "below average" are everywhere!) Most U.S. males think they are born racers. At least in their minds, but not ability.Do you think that you are anabove average driver?

[/align][align=center]Then post your tips.

10. Don't Back Up
Backing accidents happen far out of proportion to the small amount of time spent in reverse. Injuries are few but tragic -- frequently a child related to the driver. Choose parking spaces that you can drive straight into and out of. Or CAREFULLY back in so you can drive forward out of the space. Walk or runaround your vehicle nakedbefore you get in. Limit your backing to the shortest distance in order to restrict your exposure. Also, look out the rear window while backing: Some driving instructors require students to come to a stop when they check mirrors or front clearance.
[/align][/align][align=center]
9. Work Smarter
Only a fool (or a teenager or `Space) closes his eyes while driving 70 mph on the freeway. Yet, you do essentially the same thing whenever you look over your shoulder before changing lanes. With properly adjusted outside mirrors you'll need to look no more than about 50 degrees away from straight ahead. That way, your peripheral vision can keep tabs on the traffic ahead and clear blind spots. Your mirrors are improperly adjusted if you can see the sides of your car. To correctly adjust your left outside mirror, rest your head against the side glass and move the mirror out until you can no longer see the side of the car. Then lean your head as far to the right as the seatbelt will allow and move that mirror out until you can no longer see sheetmetal. You don't need to see the car's sides -- they always follow obediently along. Your "reference" is now the slightly overlapping images on the inside and outside mirrors. ( I tried this & it really works)

8. Go Right
Almost half of all left-turn crashes in urban areas result in injury. And if you're the one making the left, you'll also receive the insult of a traffic ticket -- even if the straight-through driver ran the red light. Plan your route to limit intersections without a left-turn arrow. Rather than turning left out of a parking lot, take a right and go around the block. While two wrongs don't make a right, three rights make a left. (I'm still going around in circles : )

7. Learn Your Car
Humans who haven't practiced for an emergency often lock-up like a virus-infected computer, or a deer blinded by headlights. Many -- if not most -- car crashes would be avoided if the drivers had employed the timely and proper combination of additional braking and more steering. With anti-lock brakes, it's easy to experience your vehicle's ultimate stopping power: Find a vacant stretch of road (or parking lot) and "Stomp, Stay, and Steer." Stomp the brake pedal to the floor. Stay hard on it. (Other than slightly accelerated brake pad wear, it won't hurt the car.) Finally, steer around the obstacle. (Understand: A lit

Old 01-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Default RE: Auto Accidents : (

Well...it used to be a Mustang!

Great post, Space. Love the unexpected bits of humour thorough the post. I would encourage everyone to read and heed. Auto insurance in the city of Las Vegas is ridiculously high due to the COMPLETE LACK OF ATTENTION paid by folks driving on the road. I very narrowly missed a full head-on collision last week because of of someone drinking a cup of coffee and talking on the cell phone at the same time. And I had a green turn arrow!!. Since my car accident in Apr. '04, I have been very sensitive about this. I have a permanent injury now just because someone couldn't take the time (1) maintain lane, (2) signal before a turn, and (3) LOOK BEFORE TURNING, DAMNIT!!!!!!

I have noticed, however, that Chevy drivers seem to be more curtious to each other. (Could just be my bias as well[:-])

Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I heard on the radio yesterday a study said men are 77% more likely to die in car related accident then women are. And 80 year old grandma's reflexes are worse then 16 year olds reckless driving for getting into an accident.

I can't tell you the times morons cross the yellowline and come into my lane cause they wantto cut a curve or corner. "Gee I've cut So many curves I added 10 years to my life."

When I see people doing this I turnmyhigh beams on and usually use the horn too. I had a cop do a U-turn and follow me cause he did this to me one time and I reacted like I posted. STAY ON YOUR OWN SIDE!!

I just love the people driving SUVs or extended cab city block on trucks that cross the yellow line and head towards me. They all act like I have to move out of their way.

Another is the woman primping in the mirror and not watching ahead of her. If we're staooped ata light Ilove doing the same in my mirror after the lightturns green for us. "Gee lady. I didn't see the light just like you didn't see me ahead of you."

Old 01-21-2007, 11:08 AM

Thanks `Jason
Mod Bigg `J., I know it helps me to think B-4 I get stupid
behind the wheel of a weapon.
I've had to many personal loses from auto accidents.
I've been driving for 5 years & have never had an accident.
It wasn't skill, it was luck. I use to think I was a race car driver : )
(Especially in my Honda V-Tec
Now, the words of my Grandpa, jump into my mind : )
He would always preach "There are consequences
for your acts - Think B-4 U `Act".
Since I just departed my teens years, it's begining to sink in : )
Hey Bigg `J, wanna Race
I hope you recover from your injuries [X(]
Safe/Happy miles 2 U,
`Space

Old 01-21-2007, 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
3. Sober -- And Hang -- Up
Keep your mind on the road and that cute blonde in the Corvette.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=left]1.The cute blonde was Christy Brinkly.[/align][align=left]2. The Corvette was actually a Ferarri.[/align][align=left]3. It was in the movie Nation Lampoons Vacation.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]

Old 01-21-2007, 03:07 PM

[align=center][quote]ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator
ORIGINAL: SpaceRider
3. Sober -- And Hang -- Up
Keep your mind on the road and that cute blonde in the Corvette.
[/align][align=center]
1.The cute blonde was Christy Brinkly.[/align][align=center]2. The Corvette was actually a Ferarri.[/align][align=center]3. It was in the movie Nation Lampoons Vacation:
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm so sorry that I got that wrong.[/align][align=center]I think it's because of those Earth Drinks, I've bee consuming.[/align][align=center][:-]mmmh, not a Corvette : ([/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/44F0DDEA70DD47B2877E407EE33CFC81.jpg[/IMG][/align][align=center][:-]and it wasn't her
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/6E5F2FFC1E924427A0F54B954F3ED716.jpg[/IMG][/align][align=center][:-]Click below Image [:-][/align][align=center]She passed Out -B-4 she could drive[/align][align=center]Spread Eagle[/align][align=center]RJ. She's waiting 4 U : )
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/B1C1590E1FEB4E0893000DB3237C54B6.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Safe/Happy miles 2 the readers of this Post,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 01-21-2007, 03:44 PM

I've noticed that too how Chevy drivers are usually more aware and considerate of others while driving. Maybe they just respect their vehicles more.

Minot is a very bad town to drive in. We have the worst of everyone. We have the 90 year olds that drive 20 mph under the speed limit and wander in and out of lanes, then we have the women talking on their cell phones not paying attention (and usually frustrated because of the conversation on the phone which causes the same frustrated driving), and then we have the idiot young guys in their little ricers that think they have 700 horsies under the hood or something. All of these drivers wouldn't be that bad if they were spread out, but being rertarded Minot, we have only one main road and everyone is scrunched together. We only have 40,000 people here, but we have the airforce base too. That doubles our population and the town isn't that big to hold that many people. I also think we get all the rejects from the airforce come here too. None of them know how to drive and most of them are *** holes and don't have car insurance.

Driving in Minot is a guarenteed heart attack.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ. She's waiting 4 U : )

Passed out cold, huh?
I could post a picture a guy I work with sent me but............ not everyone would enjoy the jest of the photo.

This morning we got the first snow of the winter that had any substance to it. We probably got 3 inches.

On the way to Church we passed three woman in SUVs .... ON THE PHONE!
How stupid is this?
Have we all become so self important we can't hang our cells up for 10 minutes?
I may have one of them but I do not talk it while I'm driving. I don't even own the phone. The only person who calls me does. (and no, it's not my mother)