Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Apple Sued For Misleading & Deceptive Ads

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Apple Sued For Misleading & Deceptive Ads

Apple is being sued in a class action suit claiming their ads for the Siri feature on their iPhone are misleading and deceptive. What?!?!? Apple is misrepresenting their product and being misleading and deceptive when it comes to its capabilities? Huh...imagine that...

Siri Lawsuit: Apple Being Sued For 'Misleading' Siri Commercials (VIDEO)

Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Siri, do you know of a good defense lawyer in Manhattan?....... What a great way to start this article. I didn't think it could work as great as the commercials show. It is a cool idea tho.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Haha thats great i can tell you it doesnt work very well at all, whats even better is its not even apples design another company created it as an app & apple bought the company & claimed they designed it

Old 03-13-2012, 09:44 AM

I find it very sad that there are so many untruths in our world, in advertising, in the spoken word.
I believe a person/company is only as good or bad as their actions/words. There just seems to `be to many that are not speaking or acting true

4-Sure, I've been the nail & it hurts my mind/body & spirit....

It's sad that we must always look closer at everyone we meet or everything we read.

I really wish that everyones nose would grow when they tell lies 4-Sure

"everyone is doing it" ?
( it does not make it right in my eyes/mind)

^^In our legal system^^
and in our political system

I'm happy that everyone is truthful on the MCF
Peace/Happiness & Integrity 2 `all`amen

Thanks `Mike 4 your thread & all your contributions
to the MCF...

Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM

everyone wants a best friend that knows everything the web does...great idea if it worked..lol

Old 03-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

apple sucks. nuff said

Old 03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Really not that surprised

Old 03-14-2012, 12:15 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by trewyn15
apple sucks. nuff said
i agree haha

Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 AM

android is going to end up beating apple out of business cause apple only lets a select few write apps and have to approve apps where as android is an open market some more minds writing apps is going to be better, kind of like our family of so many minds and we help each other get things DONE !!!!!!!apple is going down

Old 03-14-2012, 06:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MONTE2000SS
android is going to end up beating apple out of business cause apple only lets a select few write apps and have to approve apps where as android is an open market some more minds writing apps is going to be better
This has been Apple's business model for YEARS. It's the difference of Windows/PC, you can slap together parts from anything and it runs, many different vendors will build and sell PCs. Yet, Apple computers are "closed architecture", you don't find "Apple Clones" on the market to my knowledge. This allows Apple to make there computers more stable by not catering to every cheapo device out there (Microsoft is attempting to combat that by pushing harder for people to use drivers that Microsoft has signed, validating compatibility with the OS). Granted, since Apple switched to a Intel CPU, I believe you can run hacked versions of their OS on anything these days (but again, who's making "Apple Clones")?

BTW - Side Note - I hate how it's PC vs Apple. PC stands for "Personal Computer". Last I knew, wasn't an Apple computer also classified as a "Personal Computer". If anything it's MORE personal then the Windows based systems, as Apple Computers really don't offer much to a corporate business arena other then graphic/video editing (you are not going to have an entire business running Apple, just parts of it, if any of it).

As for Siri, I love how it's noted that the Siri interface is "Beta". The afternoon drive radio guy was talking about that. Hmmm, last I checked, that does not say "We stamp this as a FINAL product". And sadly, a product like that, how is a company to move it out of Beta and make sure they are the first in the market to have it.... Get a LOT of Beta testers, collect data, get feedback, refine product. Not saying it's right or wrong, but if they told every one up front it's Beta, then it should be clear that this product lacks the fit and finish Apple wants to call it done.

Quick Reply: Apple Sued For Misleading & Deceptive Ads