Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Another New `Coupe 2015<

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >Another New `Coupe 2015<

Hi Member's,

Another new Coupe & I like it, do you ? Post & let us know what you think of this one ?

===============================

The 2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe is stunning, has new tricks

The Mercedes tourer returns as the S-Class Coupe

By James Wolfcale February 17, 2014 / Photos by Mercedes-Benz

Last September, we got our first look at Mercedes-Benz's stunning S-Class Coupe Concept in Frankfurt, and came away rather impressed with its impossibly sleek proportions. Now Mercedes has unveiled the production version of the S-Class Coupe, and we're thrilled to say that all the hotness of the concept has made the production cut.
PHOTOS: Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe concept
First, the name: The S-Class Coupe is the successor to the CL, but it's largely the same idea—a big luxurious coupe with a big motor to match. The S550 Coupe will be the only version available at launch, and is powered by the same 4.7-liter V8 biturbo engine found in the S-Class sedan. All 449 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque is put to the ground through all four wheels using Mercedes' 4Matic all-wheel-drive system. It's safe to say that S63 and S65 AMG variants and a S600 Coupe are likely on the horizon.

Mercedes-BenzMercedes has been experimenting with cars that lean into corners for a while now. You might remember the three-wheeled F300 Life-Jet concept that used the suspension to lean the entire body into a corner like a motorcycle. Now this technology has finally made it to the road, and Mercedes claims it's a first for any production car. While cornering, the S-Class is capable to leaning up to 2.5 degrees into a turn, which reduces the lateral acceleration experienced by occupants. The system is able to anticipate corners using the stereo camera mounted behind the windscreen.
SEE THIS: First Looks: 2015 Mercedes-Benz S600
Styling is about as sharp as it gets. The S-Class coupe cuts a long sleek profile, and incorporates the dynamic design language that's making its way across the entire Mercedes range. Like the CL before it, the doors are frameless and the lack of a B pillar means that occupants' heads are flanked by nothing but fresh air when all the windows are rolled down.

Mercedes-BenzThe red on black interior of the car pictured here is a thing of beauty. High quality leather is everywhere you look, and every button and control is ergonomic perfection. You could probably write a series of novels on the S-Class Coupes list of features. Among them are optional headlamps studded with Swarovski crystals, and an air circulation system that fires a variety of scents at occupants. We'll save the rest for when we get a closer look at the S-Class Coupe when it's official unveiled next month in Geneva.
PHOTOS: 2015 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG

Last edited by Space; 02-17-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll just take the AMG soundtrack, and for that i'll take the much cheaper C class

Old 02-17-2014, 07:15 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Lexus is also coming out with a new coupe. American car makers suck because the only coupes they offer is the Pony Cars and Cadillac's new coupe (which BTW looks too boxy in person)

Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Cool Winning Lotto Dream Ride : )

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I'll just take the AMG soundtrack, and for that i'll take the much cheaper C class
Hi `Keane, you can't just take it, you got 2 buy them >
Thanks for your post
Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Lexus is also coming out with a new coupe. American car makers suck because the only coupes they offer is the Pony Cars and Cadillac's new coupe (which BTW looks too boxy in person)

LoL `Amy, thanks for the > . I also prefer coupe's over sedan's & yes, we have limited choices 4-Sure.

I also love the new 2015 Lexus with 450 HP

Old 02-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Call me crazy. But I'm still hoping GM unveils the next generation Monte Carlo at an up coming auto show. But it's not looking likely with the new Chevy SS out there.

A part of me wishes they would've called the new Chevy SS, the Monte Carlo. Maybe they'll change it in the next couple years. Like they did in the 1990's with the Lumina coupe.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:26 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
A part of me wishes they would've called the new Chevy SS, the Monte Carlo. Maybe they'll change it in the next couple years. Like they did in the 1990's with the Lumina coupe.
No way do I ever want to see the Monte Carlo name on a 4 door.