Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>New 2015 GM `Coupe<

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 05:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool >New 2015 GM `Coupe<

Hi Member's,

I wish it was a new 2015 Monte Carlo Coupe ,
but it is a new Caddy `Coupe...

What do you think of this Caddy ? Do you like it ? Would you want one ? ~> (Let us know)

==========================================
First Look: 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe

More powerful. Better-looking. Another win for Caddy.

By Ben Lucareli January 14, 2014 / Photos by General Motors

Cadillac unveiled the all-new ATS Coupe at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show today.
Naturally, the two-door shares a number of styling cues with its four-door sibling, but overall, it's a slicker, better-looking car. Which is saying something, as we like the ATS Sedan a lot.
Performance-wise, the sedan's powertrain options carry over to the coupe. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbo sees its torque figure bumped to 295 lb-ft, but power stays the same at 272 hp. There is also the option of the 321-hp, 276-lb-ft 3.6-liter V6. All-wheel drive is available with either engine, and as with the sedan, the 2.0 Turbo model can be ordered with a six-speed manual. Cadillac's excellent Magnetic Ride Control suspension appears in the coupe, too.

General MotorsInside, you're still saddled with the CUE infotainment system, now featuring an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot. A text-to-voice system adds the ability to have the car read your incoming texts aloud through the speakers. Also piped through the speakers? Engine noise. That's a coupe-exclusive option that we could maybe live without.
Stay tuned for live photos of the ATS Coupe from the show floor.
PHOTOS: 2014 Cadillac ATS Coupe

Last edited by Space; 01-19-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:52 AM
Default Cadillac ATS: The Jalopnik Review

2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe: This Is It

S
EXPAND

RELATED

Cadillac ATS: The Jalopnik Review

Auto scribes are rarely the creative type and we're all easily led to follow the storyline laid out for us by the car companies. In the case of…Read…

The all-American Cadillac ATS is about as good as modern sport sedans get. Now it's got a version designed to fight off its two-door competitors as well. Meet the Cadillac ATS Coupe!

Everything You Need To Know From The Detroit Auto Show - Day 2

This is The Morning Shift, our one-stop daily roundup of all the auto news that's actually important — all in one place at some point we… Read…

Cadillac Might Build An ATS-V Coupe And It Won't Be Cheap

Here's a bunch of photographers surrounding the 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe at the Detroit auto show. While they were taking pictures, I asked one… Read…

The first official shots of the ATS Coupe dropped around midnight tonight. Interestingly, it's not as sharp and extreme as the previous CTS Coupe or even the Cadillac ELR; instead, Cadillac's designers took a cleaner, more conservative approach.
P

RELATED
Cadillac's Elmiraj Concept Is The Flagship Coupe Of Your Dreams

This is the Cadillac Elmiraj concept. It's the 500 horsepower, 21st Century American luxury coupe you've been dreaming of. Read…

It does, however, feature a preview of Cadillac's new crest, which we've seen on theCadillac Elmiraj concept car. I think it's a nice evolution of that design.

EXPAND

But it looks really good, and also distinctive in its own way too. It's got a different enough identity from the CTS Coupe, plus it's very clearly a Cadillac. Buyers can opt for either the 2.0-liter turbo four or the throaty 3.6-liter V6. The sedan's base 2.5-liter four is a no-go on the coupe, but nobody will miss that. A six-speed manual is also available on the turbo four, which is nice.

What's not to love when you combine two-door sexiness with the ATS' phenomenal Magnetic Ride Control handling and engine choices? Expect to see more when it gets revealed live tomorrow morning at the Detroit Auto Show.

S
EXPAND

S
EXPAND

Old 01-19-2014, 06:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Its nice enough. I don't think it looks so different than the CTS. I await a ATS-V Wagon! I hate the name because letter-letter-letter is not a name. It's a technique of convincing simpletons that this car is as good or better than it's equally as poorly name European counterpart. I hate that un-creative names actually does help sell cars. That's an insult to North Americans.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I agree that just using a combo of letters and numbers for a vehicle name is not a name. If I don't follow that specific car line, I can't tell them apart....
I do know because of my Caddy crazed brother-in-law that when Caddy switched to letters, they do stand so something... I don't remember them all, but the first letter stood for the previous product. Here's what little I remember:
STS - Seville
DTS - Deville

Regardless, I think full names with letters for trim levels were better.

A local radio host years ago said he used to buy the TOP of the line of whatever car he was getting. But he later learned, the trim level letters only meant something to him. When he wanted to show the car off, 90% people only recognized the car model, but none of the trim level abbreviations. Unless someone followed that car, they could not tell what made an SL, SLE, LE, GT, SS, LT, LS, etc different.
I think that says something about letter/abbreviation naming.....

Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 AM

15 Year Member

I used to swear I'd never buy a car without a real name. Then I briefly owned a V70. It's gone now and I still feel shame. If you do not know what a V70 is then I applaud you and suggest you don't waste time figuring it out. Forgive me!

Even the Chevrolet SS is a bad name. Even if you like the car, I can almost guarantee nobody likes the car more because of that name

Old 01-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I used to swear I'd never buy a car without a real name. Then I briefly owned a V70. It's gone now and I still feel shame. If you do not know what a V70 is then I applaud you and suggest you don't waste time figuring it out. Forgive me!

Even the Chevrolet SS is a bad name. Even if you like the car, I can almost guarantee nobody likes the car more because of that name
So you owned a Volvo did you? I know the name as sadly I liked those ones, not because of the name, but there was just something about them that caught my eye, for a station wagon I thought they were not bad.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
So you owned a Volvo did you? I know the name as sadly I liked those ones, not because of the name, but there was just something about them that caught my eye, for a station wagon I thought they were not bad.
You were wrong and so was I. I am a wagon lover and that's why I was a sucker...

Old 01-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Looks good. I drove an STS (Seville Touring Sedan) for a while. Nothing beats the ride of a caddy. Man they are getting lots of hp out of those v6's these days. I still prefer the rumble of a v8 myself. Im with you guys on the letters for names though...especially the "SS". That's a trim not a car. UGH!!! That's been bugging me since I heard they were naming it that. I can just hear the conversations now.

" I drive an SS."
"Oh cool what kind of car is it?'
"I just told you its an SS."
"Yeah but what model is it? A Camaro Impala Monte Carlo?"
"No a chevy SS!"
"Yeah I know but...." etc...etc

Its like an old Laurel and Hardy routine.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM

I don't like it... It looks too bland. At least it got frameless windows though.

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I agree that just using a combo of letters and numbers for a vehicle name is not a name. If I don't follow that specific car line, I can't tell them apart....
I do know because of my Caddy crazed brother-in-law that when Caddy switched to letters, they do stand so something... I don't remember them all, but the first letter stood for the previous product. Here's what little I remember:
STS - Seville
DTS - Deville

Regardless, I think full names with letters for trim levels were better
Those were the only Cadillacs that had meaning behind their names. As soon as the CTS wagon came out, the letters lost their meaning because one would always infer that "CTS" stood for "Catera Touring Sedan", but a wagon isn't a sedan. I remember on other forums people inferred the wagon would be called the CTW and the Coupe the CTC but that never happened, and as the ELR shows now, these letters don't have real meaning to them. They may mean something to those who designed them (acronyms), but I don't know what ELR or ATS stands for.

I guess just be thankful Cadillac didn't do what Lincoln does... That MK **** is so confusing; or even worse... Infiniti and the new Q names.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:29 PM

chevy wouldn't waste a chance to steal sales from the frs brz would they....

Quick Reply: >New 2015 GM `Coupe<