Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Another child star bites the dust...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Unhappy Another child star bites the dust...

Wow Hollywood really has a way of ruining people. I'm not gonna lie, I loveeee watching Disney Channel. Yes I'm 20 but I still think some of the shows are hysterical, so it kills me to see each one of the famous TV show stars get sucked into the dark side. The most recent (again!) is Miley Cyrus...never really cared for her in the first place but I love her music & I think Hannah Montana is so funny & I've seen every episode...
Miley's Bong Hit

Did Miley Cyrus's Bong Video Make Dad Billy Ray Cyrus 'So Sad?'

Miley Cyrus' Most Inappropriate Moments

& right before this...Demi Lovato =(

A Fight Sent Demi Lovato to Rehab

Demi Lovato in rehab: Teen star reached breaking point after dustup with female dancer on tour

10 Disney Stars Gone Bad

It's really sad if you think about it & I know it's not just Disney Stars that turn out this way, it's just seems to be a trend. But mannn I sure hope my favorite singer/actress doesn't turn out like em =( she's the star of my alltime favorite show on Disney Channel, Wizards of Waverly Place..Selena Gomez

I saw her in concert this summer & omg was she amazing. She still seems "innocent" & I sure hope it stays that way =/

Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess Taylor Swift is next. Brittney Spears, Lindsey Lohan....

But what were you doing watching Miley Cyrus after you had your drivers license anyway?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I guess Taylor Swift is next. Brittney Spears, Lindsey Lohan....

But what were you doing watching Miley Cyrus after you had your drivers license anyway?
You know honestly I've kinda been waiting for her to turn bad but it hasn't happened yet but she seems to be really family oreintated which is what helped Beyonce they say so idk if Taylor will fall down that road or not. lol I can't help it, it's a really good show. I'm actually kind of upset that this is the last season of Hannah Montana

Old 12-14-2010, 10:34 PM

She been waiting forever to be 18 to do whatever the hell she wanted, now that is she's enjoying life.

Selena Gomez is next, who want's to start a pool? lol

Taylor Swift, i dont listen to her music but i did see her in Valentine's Day and i thought she was funny for the short role she had. I hope she doesn't end up this way.
I saw when she was hitting the bong though, i laughed.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM

I know lots if good people who smoke pot.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Snyderman
I know lots if good people who smoke pot.

LOL- yes I think there should be some kind of award for that LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Brittany, very entertaining thread : )
even `if I don't know these people, but love the remarks by member's.....EnJoy

Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Britney Spears I think was horrible. She had an audience of mostly pre-teen girls when she turned 18. And she went from Disney star to adult-rated as soon as she turned 18.

I think an entertainer like that owes a responsibility to "grow" with their audience, or at least not change their image so dramatically to negatively influence their base audience.

But hey, they are rich, we're not. So they feel they can do whatever they want....

Old 12-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Britney Spears I think was horrible. She had an audience of mostly pre-teen girls when she turned 18. And she went from Disney star to adult-rated as soon as she turned 18.

I think an entertainer like that owes a responsibility to "grow" with their audience, or at least not change their image so dramatically to negatively influence their base audience.

But hey, they are rich, we're not. So they feel they can do whatever they want....
Yeah, and we all saw how well that worked out for Britney. Gonna be 30 years old next year, and she's on a court appointed "allowance" (sort of) with her dad in charge of her money.

I don't know what exactly it is that tends to screw up child stars. Is it the fact they are treated like royalty at such a young age that's causing them to think their crap don't stink, and they can do what ever the hell they want?

With girls, I think there's definitely a problem with the "count down to her being legal" attitude so many in society have. This count down idea was very popular with fans of Britney Spears, the Olsen twins, and now Miley Cirus. A couple guys on a local radio morning program were going on and on yesterday about how Miley is now 18 and legal in some states.

I think with female child stars, the public makes such a huge deal about them "growing up" (in every sense of the term), they can go bad very easily. Child stars know at too young of an age that controversy sells. And sex, drugs, and acting outrageous gets them jobs when they grow up.

I really hope what I just wrote makes sense to people. I'm tired, and my mind is working faster than my typing.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think with female child stars, the public makes such a huge deal about them "growing up" (in every sense of the term), they can go bad very easily. Child stars know at too young of an age that controversy sells. And sex, drugs, and acting outrageous gets them jobs when they grow up.
Lindsey Lohan?

But my $0.02 worth. Has she had a career in years anyway? The ONLY reason you still hear about her, she got in to trouble again.

BIG DEAL!!!!

I care like I care about reality shows.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:40 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

America is a country where every poor boy can grow up and say, "Hey, there goes a rich guy!"

I think it's something about not really having a proper childhood to grow up in. From the time they are whatever age until adults, they don't really get to be real teenagers, and the cameras and paparazzi are always right there in their face. They need their privacy just like we need ours.

Quick Reply: Another child star bites the dust...