Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

90 mph in a 55, no points!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Another thing I do is when I turn the car off, I put the keys on the dashboard. Keep them out of the ignition to show that I don't mean to run off.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by moonlitmagik
East, I was heading on 76 TO I80 north... I got pulled over 5 MILES before the exit. You know the part, where 76 has jersey barriers on both sides and in order to get pulled over you have to stop in the turnaround section in the middle. I got noticed because I had a PA plate. And the car was nicer than the ones around me. LOL. I was NOT in my monte but my nissan rental car after my 98 got totaled.
Ohhh bummer. Yeah I definitely know where you're talking. I usually don't go up that down from cleveland unless I'm on a trip but I always use 76 to get to and from Lordstown and Cleveland (the lordstown exit is a very short way from rt 80, actually on the way in to lordstown from 76 you cross a section of rt 80 that spills right into the GM complex).

I'm always going fast on 76 though just last weekend I brought the new monte to one hundred and some. Felt great, but I have the turnarounds memorized, and where officers hide pretty down packed since I've travelled that since I've learned to drive. Usually it's not too bad to speed, as long as you're smart about it/find someone else that's speeding and follow them from a good distance (I can't count the number of times the car that was speeding in front of me got pulled over and I got off fine, but yet was travelling the same speed kind of using them). Patrol cars are pretty common on 76 though, unlike 80 north haha.

So if you don't mind me asking how did you end up totalling your monte? :/

Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM

East I was heading to work. I work in a not so nice area of the city mind you. It was a torrential downpour and there was a taxicab performing an illegal u turn in front of me, so of course I STOP with my flashers on because the ******* was taking up 1/2 of each lane, there was NO WAY for me to get around him. 20 seconds later, I get rear ended and shoved into a jersey barrier. My question to him is... HOW THE F!!! DO YOU NOT SEE ME?!?!?! Totally wasn't paying attention, so he wound up buying me my 2000 LS. Love her. She's got issues but she's a reliable car. I don't ever want to live to the day where I have to get rid of her. I think I will cry and cry and cry. I will never own anything but a monte carlo.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 PM

Well it's awesome that you ended up getting another monte, and the guy didn't just run or something like that. That reminds me of the first day I bought mine I was driving down the road to the e-check (something we have here to measure emissions) and I stopped, weather was clear, put on my turn signal- and I saw this honda cr-v approaching with some lady on her cell phone. I just had a terrible feeling that she was going to rear-end me (mind you, I had to get insurance yet since I needed some documentation to get it including e-check to get to the DMV but I think I may have been covered under policy) and so she slams on her brakes like the last minute and swerves almost into the ditch to avoid me and looked extremely startled. THAT would have really sucked, considering I hadn't driven it but like maybe 30 minutes tops. Then again, if that did end up happening- I didn't really have the time to get attatched like you did though.