Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>8 cars with surprisingly solid gas mileage (8 photos)<

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Sgt Drew, I think everyone should buy/get the vehicle that they think is best for them.

I think the mistakes by GM is going to hurt sales, but sadly these errors will either make them better or they will fail again : ( I hope they get there issues resolved & take care of the problems that they are aware of & not ignore the customers that have had problems...

Just like the ignitions in the Monte & the gaskets + the u-bend in the exhaust etc.

This just in May 16
GM to pay $35 million to U.S. government over bungled ignition recall

Bill Pugliano/Getty Images

General Motors has agreed to pay a huge fine to the U.S. government for not acting quickly enough in recalling a faulty ignition switch that plagued several of its vehicles, reports CNBC. The auto manufacturer is expected to pay $35 million in response to a probe being conducted by the Department of Transportation.
GM employees reportedly knew of the broken ignition switch as early as 2004, but didn't issue a recall until February of this year. The flaw caused vehicles to suddenly shut off while driving, and has been linked to at least 13 deaths.
- - Jordan Valinsky

Old 05-17-2014, 04:05 AM

I will admit that part of that influence as well is due to me having worked for Nissan until my move back to Oklahoma. I saw first hand the scrutiny they put their suppliers under and also how fairly they treated their employees. I doubt I'll be able to buy new, but if I could, that alone would put them near the top of my list.