Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray projected $Price +Fast ZR`1 Vid + more <

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray projected $Price +Fast ZR`1 Vid + more <

Hi Member,
Below is from one of our MCF Sponsor's...

Thank You!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

By Laura Burstein
On Sale: Fall 2013

Expected Pricing: Starting around $60,000

<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" align="center"><tbody><tr><td>

</td><td></td><td vAlign="top" align="center"><!-- begin ad tag --><noscript></noscript><!-- End ad tag --></td></tr></tbody></table>
Hands down, the biggest buzz at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in Detroit was the latest iteration of the Chevrolet Corvette. The iconic sportscar is all-new, sharing only two parts with its predecessor. The change is so significant that it earns the designation of Stingray, a name GM execs say is reserved for the most revered Corvette models.

This is the fastest 'Vette in history, with 450 horsepower and an estimated 0-60 mph time of less than 4 seconds, courtesy of an all-new 6.2-liter LT1 V8. Fuel-saving technology adds a sensible side to the Stingray, including direct injection, continuously variable valve timing and cylinder deactivation. A 7-speed manual with rev matching allows drivers to get the most out of their shifts without having to heel-toe.
Five drive modes from Eco to Track change the balance between economy and performance by tweaking twelve elements, including steering, suspension and throttle mapping. Like all of GM's performance cars, the Stingray was tested extensively on the track during the development. The result is a 50/50 weight balance and improvements in handling, including steering that's five times stiffer than the outgoing model. An optional Z51 Performance Package includes an electronic limited-slip differential, dry-sump oiling system, integral brake, differential and transmission cooling, as well as a unique aero package.
The radical design is clearly aimed at a global market, with taut, sleek lines that have been likened to those found on Ferraris and McLarens. It's longer, lower and wider than the outgoing model, with a fierce, hunkered-down stance. Designers say they used both the stingray (of the aquatic variety) and fighter jets as inspiration.
The Stingray hasn't completely abandoned its American heritage, however, as a few design cues still evoke pure muscle; most notably the squarish, Camaro-esque taillights, and a bold, center quad exhaust, with fluted shapes and shining metal that would put a symphonic horn section to shame. Not everyone gushes over the new design; criticism heard on the show floor following its debut ranged from "too European" to "overdone." But nobody can say the new Corvette doesn't demand attention.

Entry-level Corvettes in the past have been notoriously skimpy on luxury, but a few upscale touches on the new Stingray help to quash that reputation. All models get a hood and removable roof panel made of pricey carbon fiber, which reduces weight and allows for a lower center of gravity. On the inside, the interior has been significantly improved with better finish and materials including aluminum trim (carbon fiber is optional), and standard dual, high-resolution information screens that are reconfigurable. Seats are built using an underlying structure of lightweight magnesium and come in two variants: A more comfort-oriented GT option and a Competition Sport setup with more supportive side bolstering.
Pricing for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray hasn't been announced, but rumor has it that, while prices will increase from the outgoing model, the Corvette will still remain one of the most attainable sportscars on the market. Our best guess? We figure the base model will start around $60,000. The Stingray is expected to hit dealerships in Fall 2013. All 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray models will be built in GM's plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky. USA

800-950-2438
www.chevrolet.com

Last edited by Space; 02-08-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Thumbs up Post a Pic of your favorite Corvette > Thank You

Jump `in & go 4 a Mind Ride

more

Last edited by Space; 02-08-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM

2014 Corvette Stingray Price Hinted, Sales Forecasted

Luke Vandezande | Jan 24, 12:31 PM

Chevrolethas high hopes for the seventh-generation Corvette it unveiled in Detroit last week, forecasting global sales growth for the sports car.

John Fitzpatrick, General Motors’ performance cars marketing manager, anticipates a boost in exports to Europe, Asia and the Middle East. While he didn’t reveal the specific numbers GM expects, he toldWard’s Auto that the brand has higher expectations for this model than the previous car.
Even without specific numbers, that sentiment speaks to how confident GM is that the Stingray will strike true with consumers. When the 2014 Vette goes on sale, it will mark more than a new generation for the car. It will also mean higher-performing versions of the previous car will disappear from production.
While that could position the upcoming car to sell more, it could also hurt them. “We expect to have a good year, but only time will tell,” Fitzpatrick said.
Last year’s Corvette sales were dim compared to pre-recession figures. Chevrolet managed to move more than 14,000 last year, but that’s a far cry from the roughly 30,000 it sold annually before the recession hit in 2008.
Pricing has yet to be announced, but Fitzpatrick hinted that the new car will stay close to the current car, saying “if you can afford the 2013 Corvette, you can afford the 2014.” The 2013 model starts at just over $50,000.
GALLERY: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

[Source: Ward's Auto]
Discuss this story at DigitalCorvettes.com
Filed under: AmericanChevroletCoupesFeatured ArticlesSports Cars
Tags: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, American, Chevrolet, chevy, prediction, sales, Sports Cars, stingray

More Auto News...<table style="margin: 15px 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; clear: both; border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; background-color: transparent;" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; background-color: transparent;"><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; background-color: transparent;"><td style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px 5px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; line-height: 1.1em; font-size: 0.85em; background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top" width="25%">
2014 Corvette Stingray Still Hot on Detroit Show Floor
</td><td style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px 5px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; line-height: 1.1em; font-size: 0.85em; background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top" width="25%">
Chevrolet Volt Production Boosted To 5,000 Units Per Month
</td><td style="margin: 0px; padding: 4px 5px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; line-height: 1.1em; font-size: 0.85em; background-color: transparent;" vAlign="top" width="25%">
Watch the First 2014 Corvette Commercial
GM’s January Sales Performance
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by Space; 02-08-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Talking Bonus Vid 4 your EnJoyMent

On this episode of Epic Drives, Angus MacKenzie and Justin Bell take a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 from Munich, Germany to Maranello, Italy. Along the way they push the limits on the Autobahn, gaze upon the Alps from the Stelvio Pass and dance with a Ferrari 458 Italia in the hills of Maranello.
-----------------------------------------------------------------'
Hi Member's, if you have the time ? Check out the below Vid..
It's a great experience & also a trip to Italy & the roads are amazing & beautiful.
EnJoy `if you have the time ? (Well done vid 4-Sure)
I just really love the `Web & be able to enjoy vid's like below.
I hope that U `do 2
4-Sure
Buckle `Up & CLick the below 4 a fun/super `ride sitting @ home/work `WoW

Last edited by Space; 02-08-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:33 AM

That was a cool video Space!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Hi `Joe,
I was hoping that you & member's would enjoy...The ZR`1 reminder me of your new Corvette

I envy those drivers (& they get paid 2 drive exotic rides like the Z WoW)....They are both past super race car drivers (their accents were sure different & I laughed @ some of their comments)...

Those roads they traveled are Super & it would be a super experience to drive them (especially @ 200 MPH )

I will return & watch that vid again...Do you think that you will every see how fast your Corvette will be @ Top Speed ? or take it to the track & see what it will do in a 1/4 mile ?

Thanks for being the 1st to post on this thread...I still don't know how anyone can get bored `if they are fortunate to `be connected to the World Wide Web...I can never find enough time to explore & experience everything that's only a click away 4-Sure...

Wish you & member's a Super Day & fun on the MCF

Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well i still dont like it

Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Joe,
I was hoping that you & member's would enjoy...The ZR`1 reminder me of your new Corvette

I will return & watch that vid again...Do you think that you will every see how fast your Corvette will be @ Top Speed ? or take it to the track & see what it will do in a 1/4 mile ?

Thanks for being the 1st to post on this thread...I still don't know how anyone can get bored `if they are fortunate to `be connected to the World Wide Web...I can never find enough time to explore & experience everything that's only a click away 4-Sure...

Wish you & member's a Super Day & fun on the MCF
Space,

I would like to have some fun in mine but I just got a ticket for 24MPH over the speed limit. So I will cool my jets for a while.

I wish mine was a ZR1. Mine has 436HP not bad for a 3200 lb car. I will still be having some fun gettting to the speed limit fast... I beleive my vette is capable of nearly if not 200MPH also.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Well i still dont like it

We know you are just afraid of the massive power LOL
====================================
Thanks `Joe for your reply...If I had you awesome Corvette, I wouldn't have my D.L. 4 very long...I don't think I could drive it slow & couldn't resist kicking it down & enjoying the awesome power & handling of a new Corvette 4-Sure

Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by Space

We know you are just afraid of the massive power LOL
No not really I already have that much power