Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2013 Coupes (2 door models) +

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM

I will still take a Dodge Challenger. I also really hate how the other countries are sowlt taking over the American car companies, and not building the.cars to the same caliber they would build cars that originate from their countries. But you can't deny that the cars are very nice, when you think about it.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by werewolf-odst
I will still take a Dodge Challenger. I also really hate how the other countries are sowlt taking over the American car companies, and not building the.cars to the same caliber they would build cars that originate from their countries. But you can't deny that the cars are very nice, when you think about it.
True and not always other countries either, look how GM fked up the new Impala... Dont get me wrong it looks nice but I dont think it should have been named "Impala".

Old 11-25-2012, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by DRuben
Im looking into getting a '13 Challenger R/T sometime in the beginning of next year. I drove one Friday and loved it, not sure if I should get the automatic or standard though.
Depends on your driving habits, I would say. If you are like me and do a lot of in town.driving, go automatic. If you do lots of cross country, I would go manual, in my opinion. But the V8 is a thirst beast, but if you want a heavy challenger, you should expect this. LOL. When I get a challenger, I want it to manual, but fist I need to learn to drive manual!

Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

OK. 1st of all I'm not pickin on anyone. OR callin anyone out. I'm just saying what I see. listen up Space. You always seem to lean towards the the foreign cars. Now I might be WRONG But thats what it looks like too ME. Where's The Mustang, The Challenger. Yeah I'm old skool ( ) and want to keep America just that! Guess I'm a Support your COUNTRY! Kind of guy. I'm tired of seen those other cars on our AMERICAN CAR SITE. Thanks for letting an oldman rant for a min. Now I need to go settle down & have a beer or 3 & watch some football. I just sayin Not trying to start anything. Just saying

Old 11-25-2012, 12:05 PM

But the V8 is a thirst beast, but if you want a heavy challenger, you should expect this. LOL. When I get a challenger, I want it to manual, but fist I need to learn to drive manual!
Cant drink more than my 14mpg Silverado lol, I swear that my neighbor is stealing my gas or something lol. I also need to brush up on my standard skills, I had an old 1990 F250 that was a standard but I only drove that around the neighborhood but I did teach myself and after a couple of weeks I didnt stall at.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Question

True and not always other countries either, look how GM fked up the new Impala... Dont get me wrong it looks nice but I dont think it should have been named "Impala".
It does look nice, the new models have the V8 now, that is good. But I believe they may be going for the idea and spirit behind the Impala, as an animal. Graceful, swift, and such, they could have chose a better name, something with more elegance. Like somethin French. But I would still buy one, maybe it is because I have beco:me laid back, and simple, for a lack of better word. To me, less is more, has become a thing for me.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Exclamation

Cant drink more than my 14mpg Silverado lol, I swear that my neighbor is stealing my gas or something lol. I also need to brush up on my standard skills, I had an old 1990 F250 that was a standard but I only drove that around the neighborhood but I did teach myself and after a couple of weeks I didnt stall at.
I heard it was pretty easy to learn. I really wanna learn, and you are right, you do have the Silverado, so I am sure you will be fine. I would hate to hear that that is the truth, it has come to that these days sometimes, it is to expensive! But, that will NEVER keep me from getting what I want, but I hear that Manuals can be pretty good on gas.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 PM

It does look nice, the new models have the V8 now, that is good. But I believe they may be going for the idea and spirit behind the Impala, as an animal. Graceful, swift, and such, they could have chose a better name, something with more elegance. Like somethin French. But I would still buy one, maybe it is because I have beco:me laid back, and simple, for a lack of better word. To me, less is more, has become a thing for me.
V8 wow I didnt know that, thats a +.
Just would have loved to see the Impala in the line-up with the Camaro like Dodge does the Challenger/Charger... I honestly think that they dont want anything in their brand to be higher than the Camaro besides the Vette. Maybe the Chevy SS will fill the void of RWD Sedan

Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 PM

I heard it was pretty easy to learn. I really wanna learn, and you are right, you do have the Silverado, so I am sure you will be fine. I would hate to hear that that is the truth, it has come to that these days sometimes, it is to expensive! But, that will NEVER keep me from getting what I want, but I hear that Manuals can be pretty good on gas.
Oh yea they can. The only reason I wanted the manual Challenger is because of the MSD (Cylinder deactivation thingy) was breaking timing chains and ruining engines but the manuals do not have MSD.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The quality of American cars has been lacking HARD in the last 10-20 years. They are improving lately, Ford really stepped up their game in the last 2-3 years. GM is trying, Chrysler is still very meh when it comes to it. We're honestly at the point of quality that the Germans were at in the mid 90s, which saddens me because I really do love American cars.

Has anybody checked out the new Kia Optima? That is a very very well put together car, it makes me sad I would take a KIA over and Impala or Malibu.

Quick Reply: 2013 Coupes (2 door models) +